Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

And there is the problem. Koch, a man with shit footy knowledge signs off on the coach.

Well every Club's president would be the final signatory to getting something of this nature done. And the majority of the Club Presidents are not footy people. This isn't a problem with Port or Koch at all, it's just a procedural thing.

Can Koch overrule the decision by the football committee even though he is in the minority?

I am fearful his ego will get in the way once again.

I'm sure David could if he absolutely wanted to.
I also think he was going to go that route, he would have intervened privately already. To my knowledge, that hasn't happened, as the football grown ups are working through things in the coming days.

Coming weeks?

Gbear just text me when this is done, thumbs getting sore refreshing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to sack someone during grand final week to take the spotlight off the big game. AFL hates that. Most likely to occur Monday or Tuesday of next week if they end up sacking him imo.

Of course, I could be completely wrong on that and by Friday he's gone, I just doubt that will be the case.

Nothing is going to be announced on Brownlow Night
Stupid Brownlow...

Need Chewy316 to jump up on stage push the dickhead doing the votes off the stage... Then tell stinkley he is fired!

Vince Mcmahon Wrestling GIF by WWE

The talk is getting louder about Hinkley "walking away". I think this is happening. The club is definitely preparing the ground for a soft landing for everyone involved. Not sure Hinkley deserves to be seen to go out on his terms. Deserves a very public sacking but oh well.
Very much my thoughts. I'll take whatever we can get at this point, but it won't half as satisfying.

Dkv6Fdf.jpg

Hard to sack someone during grand final week to take the spotlight off the big game. AFL hates that. Most likely to occur Monday or Tuesday of next week if they end up sacking him imo.

Of course, I could be completely wrong on that and by Friday he's gone, I just doubt that will be the case.

Nah you’re all good Chewy, saw “weeks” and immediately thought at least 2 weeks away.

No doubt gbear will be right onto me once you confirm that it’s happening.

The "secret" to success is not beyond Port Adelaide's comprehension - it is the theme that took the club from suburbia to the national stage: Stability, unity, hard work.

The secret to success is stability, and by gum, haven't we had a lot of both.

So just to summise Chewy, and I appreciate you're getting bombarded here, your source(s) has discussions regarding Hinkleys future happening now, and theres a pretty high chance this all ends?

I'd assume both parties would want the optics of a mutual parting of ways with Ken perhaps citing his fatigue and mental health and the club respecting that and wanting to move in a new direction. If that's the case, would it result in a full payout of his last year? Or would there be maybe a negotiated settlement?

More desperate than Stinkley to keep his job!

So Chewy316, if the board is divided, can you shed light on who's in which camp? Obviously Tredrea and Snowdon, the guys that actually understand the game of football ding ding ding are in the sack Hinkley camp, but I would be intrigued to know the loyalties of the others. Im sure the Bean Counter Oborne wants to keep him, Cardone probably does too because he's a Plant, but where are the others?

It's about 50/50

I can't really think of a situation in world sport previously where the coach and leader of a club/team has consistently ran with "don't blame me"
"I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong."

Does anyone else have a specific tenet of their preferred gameplan listed as an indelible feature of the club’s strategic direction?

Like, not an overarching unspoken philosophy such as “Pittsburgh Steelers = strong defensive foundations” or “Tottenham Hotspur = attractive attacking football”, but specifically “take the corridor” in print?

View attachment 2119351

Entrusted largely to a 36 year old whose kicking has never been his 1-wood, and an injury-riddled utility who looked cooked for the better part of 18 months… in a Prelim.

Mmmm… more of everyone responsible for this, please!

In that context, "Take the Corridor" sounds like a euphemism.

"Invite the Heat. Take the Corridor."
Oooh errr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So just to summise Chewy, and I appreciate you're getting bombarded here, your source(s) has discussions regarding Hinkleys future happening now, and theres a pretty high chance this all ends?

I'd assume both parties would want the optics of a mutual parting of ways with Ken perhaps citing his fatigue and mental health and the club respecting that and wanting to move in a new direction. If that's the case, would it result in a full payout of his last year? Or would there be maybe a negotiated settlement?

There were discussions held over the weekend, and I'm led to believe those discussions will continue over the coming days.
The optics are a massive part of it all. Everyone deserves to enter and exit the Club with dignity.

As for the payout, I suspect Ken is going to want a full payout irrespective of how the "sacking" is framed. But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if the Club propose a payout of his final year to be paid over 3 years with increases each year to account for inflation. This would reduce the impact on the footy department expenditure.

It's about 50/50

Higher than that.

Coming weeks?

Gbear just text me when this is done, thumbs getting sore refreshing.

lol. Will do if it happens on Thursday or Sunday otherwise I am teaching the rest of the week and need to model professional behaviour to my nursing students even under extenuating circumstances!

Surely Ken is keen to walk if he's in line for a full payout.

He gets paid and doesn't have to do anything, and gets to pretend to leave on his own terms. Chances are he gets a much more stressful sacking if he stays into next year, for the same pay.

Nah you’re all good Chewy, saw “weeks” and immediately thought at least 2 weeks away.

No doubt gbear will be right onto me once you confirm that it’s happening.

Those who haven’t been here long don’t know that BD and I go back a couple of decades and went to the 04 GF together. Now we are just old 😂😂

**** stability!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back