Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Ken is keen to walk if he's in line for a full payout.

He gets paid and doesn't have to do anything, and gets to pretend to leave on his own terms. Chances are he gets a much more stressful sacking if he stays into next year, for the same pay.
He is far too arrogant imo to walk.

In the next few days/weeks chewy will go down as a bf god.... Or the most evil villain ever.

*I prefer bf god 😉

Put it this way, if for whatever reason they keep Ken, I'll be told the complete reason as opposed to the puff media lines that may be trotted out.

But yes I certainly don't want to be the villain at the end of all this.

lol. Will do if it happens on Thursday or Sunday otherwise I am teaching the rest of the week and need to model professional behaviour to my nursing students even under extenuating circumstances!

I will do my best to look after the other days.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone else have a specific tenet of their preferred gameplan listed as an indelible feature of the club’s strategic direction?

Like, not an overarching unspoken philosophy such as “Pittsburgh Steelers = strong defensive foundations” or “Tottenham Hotspur = attractive attacking football”, but specifically “take the corridor” in print?

View attachment 2119351

Entrusted largely to a 36 year old whose kicking has never been his 1-wood, and an injury-riddled utility who looked cooked for the better part of 18 months… in a Prelim.

Mmmm… more of everyone responsible for this, please!
What about

"Sack the Hinkley"

I still don't see why we can't do it tomorrow. Does any other club wait because it's grand final week? It does feel that the longer they can push out a decision the easier it is to then say it's too late now and status quo of complete inability to move the club forwards on field stays.

I mean **** how do we still have board members in favour after 12 seasons. These same idiots extended him before finals last year when there was no pressure to do anything but let the contract expire.

Why did we sign Ken to 2 more years last year, and not 1+1?

Obviously we shouldn't have signed him at all, but one year plus a one year club option would have made more sense. Or even a trigger clause for a 2nd year if he made the big dance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL world is just too small for Hinkley to ever get heat. So chummy. No one wants to point the gun at any senior figures when things aren't going right at clubs. Wishy washy bullshit from the media at all times. Cornes is the only person who says anything bold and it's entirely contrived, he doesn't believe anything he says.

I'd love to give Jamie Carragher or Roy Keane some background on Hinkley's career and see what they'd say. No beating around the bush I would think. All of our media class are too worried about the idea of an uncomfortable interaction at an industry function to say anything interesting, convincing, properly critical.

All discussion on 360 and On The Couch tonight around us centered on the quality of the list, how good Kenny is to make prelims with these duds. I'm gonna have a gun accident in front of the TV.

Dwayne’s gone from “they can win the flag!” to “they’ll miss the eight!” in a matter of weeks.

This is where someone tells us, “fan of the Gold Coast Suns would kill to be in our position!”.

Put it this way, if for whatever reason they keep Ken, I'll be told the complete reason as opposed to the puff media lines that may be trotted out.

But yes I certainly don't want to be the villain at the end of all this.
Will you disclose who voted which way?

Dwayne’s gone from “they can win the flag!” to “they’ll miss the eight!” in a matter of weeks.

This is where someone tells us, “fan of the Gold Coast Suns would kill to be in our position!”.
Essendon fans are envious of our raft of preliminary final appearances, I'm told. So why can't I buy any Preliminary Final Participant merchandise? Missed opportunity if you ask me.

I'm a big fan of Mark.

He dribbles with the best of the happy clappers.

You can almost hear it in his voice that he scared out of his wits that if we get a good coach, we will win premierships.
I wonder if Aiston would have the guts to tell Crows fans the same thing about Nicks, "I really think that Matthew is your man. Yes he hasn't got you into the finals yet, but given the fact that the team is competitive most weeks, it's just a matter of time before it happens."

The AFL world is just too small for Hinkley to ever get heat. So chummy. No one wants to point the gun at any senior figures when things aren't going right at clubs. Wishy washy bullshit from the media at all times. Cornes is the only person who says anything bold and it's entirely contrived, he doesn't believe anything he says.

I'd love to give Jamie Carragher or Roy Keane some background on Hinkley's career and see what they'd say. No beating around the bush I would think. All of our media class are too worried about the idea of an uncomfortable interaction at an industry function to say anything interesting, convincing, properly critical.
love Roy

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back