Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

So Chewy316, if the board is divided, can you shed light on who's in which camp? Obviously Tredrea and Snowdon, the guys that actually understand the game of football ding ding ding are in the sack Hinkley camp, but I would be intrigued to know the loyalties of the others. Im sure the Bean Counter Oborne wants to keep him, Cardone probably does too because he's a Plant, but where are the others?
Loving the Cardone -> Plant comment

I am also astounded at the number of Port Adelaide fans I know socially who espouse the idea that "it's not the coach's fault, it's the players." It's like they cannot fathom the link between what the players produce on the field and the strategy and tactics the coach sets.
I sometimes question whether people have any critical thinking skills at all

I'm sure he is but it isn't going to impact his future with the club either way.

Quite frankly the majority of the Board members are probably not even aware of the discussions that are going to be taking place amongst the footy grown ups over the next few days.

It's a good question, but I can't answer it at this point. Not because I don't know it, but rather because I have my limits as to what I can and can't post in here.
The last para I find intriguing. I am very surprised but grateful that you have posted the content you currently have, its given me hope although I still remain concerned. But my mind asks the question - who is setting these limits because it is a dangerous game & why are you being allowed to update us with a fair amount of detail. I don't expect you to answer this but it has my head spinning.

Take the Corrider - we sorta do but does it matter if you are 84 points down?

This discussion belongs in the “Let’s Talk Port” thread, but I read this “take the corridor” metaphorically.

The list needs more depth, whether we have a good list or not there is no reason/excuse to lose by nearly a 100 points in a home final when you are hot favourites. That needs to be addressed first. Mentally we have massive issues.
On field leadership is non existent.
Off field they need a new voice new ideas. A coach who didn’t retire 30 years ago.
I would also employ a Selwood type who knows how to lead and be successful as Brisbane have done with Cotchin.
Selwood would be perfect

Selwood would be perfect

Selwood did some work with the leaders at Port Adelaide this season:

Will be interesting next week.

It will be easy to see it being March 2025 and Hinkley pops up at Alberton ready for another season.

I guess it’s what we are conditioned to see.

The only saving grace is that if it is the Carr scenario then it’s been well planned for for, so whether it’s next week or the week after it really doesn’t matter, it’s not like we are looking for a new coach.

Do they have the courage.

I can’t see us moving on from him unfortunately. I can’t see anything changing until the end of 2025. I just pray that he will never get extended again. Hope the recruiting at the end of this year is with an eye to the longer term future and not going to sell the farm again for a fill-the-missing-piece type player to foolishly try to win 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see us moving on from him unfortunately. I can’t see anything changing until the end of 2025. I just pray that he will never get extended again. Hope the recruiting at the end of this year is with an eye to the longer term future and not going to sell the farm again for a fill-the-missing-piece type player to foolishly try to win 2025.

I'd be pissed if I was Carr too, I guess another year of 'learnings' under Ken will do him a world of wonder.

Now Carr 'youse want to drop da ball on thems head'.....

I'd be pissed if I was Carr too, I guess another year of 'learnings' under Ken will do him a world of wonder.

Now Carr 'youse want to drop da ball on thems head'.....
Josh needs to start agitating towards a last-minute run for the West Coast job like five minutes ago to expedite the situation.

Not a pleasant way to do things, but needs to be done.

If the club can't make the right call now, I don't see me ever becoming a member again.
The last 7 years have been frustrating, not even the club that wants our money can defend it's own supporter base. It has really opened my eyes, thinking that you were actually a part of something that had the club and fans at heart.

To see how the people in charge have shifted the goal post so many times, the gaslighting of supporters and allowing the media to do the same, has me questioning my own loyalties to the club. Let's just say I don't feel the same about Port as I used to and with the same people making decisions, should we expect anything different.

There are people at the club with other agendas and big egos. Oh well like the Coach says you get what you deserve.

It will never revert back to what we know and expect, thousands of people that go and pay memberships and think the sun shines out of Hinkley's arse.

Yesterday I was confident the club will part ways with Ken and take that first step in the right direction, then today I wake up feeling negative, I don't trust these people, I have a bad feeling that they don't have the balls to make the right call

Last edited:
I understand that many Port fans want to see the back of Ken but what level of player exodus would you be willing to accept?
Putting his failings aside for a moment he is obviously adored by the players.

As an example would it be worth being Ken free if you lost Butters and JHF?
It wouldn't surprise me if Rozee's declaration of love for the coach was stage managed, and not genuine. I'd be amazed if most if not all of the players are sick of missing grand finals at the final hurdle.

If they want Ken gone, I don't think it goes past Friday, that's only my opinion.

Hinkley has shown his inpatients and dummy spitting with the club when his job is open for negotiation, he's much to impatient to let this drag out.

Let's face it, if we are somewhat in the know he must be well aware himself.

The major issue with Hinkley coaching next year is that the majority of Port supporters will not have the hope that we can win the premiership and all we can hope for is scrapping into a prelim and being handed a football lesson from a seasoned veteran team.

The issue I have with the board and Koch is that the results are not the best to poor. That is obvious and true for all concerned. That's enough for me but it is the way that we lose is a far greater problem.

To anyone with some footballing nous and a lot of people have it here on this forum have it, the fundamental principles not just of football but of winning are completely bereft and we are seeing the same patterns of losing again and again and again.

If the board had any real insight into the many different ways we are losing, they would understand that under Hinkley, it would be close to impossible to win.

But I assume they have other sinister agendas.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rozee's declaration of love for the coach was stage managed, and not genuine. I'd be amazed if most if not all of the players are sick of missing grand finals at the final hurdle.
Just about all things down at the club are stage managed within an inch of its life and every little minutiae of criticism or bad public sentiment of the club looking bad is summarily met with an article or a player or club official or media shill addressing it very quickly.

I remember last year when Brynn Teakle had four of the worst games on the trot for the Power and the supporters were not happy. Instead of taking the L, they wrote an article where Josh Carr stated how good he was.

They prefer lying to their fans than admitting even an iota of culpability which overall shows a complete lack of reality and accountability.

With that type of attitude, it is hard to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back