Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular probably but Roy would've been a decent choice to have involvement in our SANFL program.

Nothing unpopular about getting ruthless winners in.

We should have done what Brisbane did and got that scumbag Luke Hodge to help right our culture.

No, no headcoach has been stepped down to lesser role at any club ever.
It keeps all the Hinkley's employed and gives all of them time to find other employment.

Remember that if Ken goes it's more than likely all Hinkley's employed at the club. All these things are making the decision more difficult imo

I don't think Ken expects to be going anywhere, these decisions are not made lightly, there seems to be no movement on the personal front and I would not expect Ken to stick around Adelaide, he has family up North or he may venture back East but he doesn't look like a man getting ready to leave Adelaide any time soon.

Last edited:

I still ken wouldn't give two ****s if he was sacked.. he would probably think it's the best birthday present ever.

He has never put port first. It's always been about him.
4 words you'll never hear coming from the media: PORT FANS DESERVE BETTER.

Speaking of reading the room. Just got the email regarding next year's membership and auto renew.

I know one way to get me to pay.

Sack Hinkley
I know THE ONLY WAY to get me to pay.

Sack Hinkley.

As Oliver Cromwell said "You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you."

As he also said No one rises so high as he who knows not whither he is going."

(Cromwell was a real campaigner in the K Cornes mould, but unlike the Five-week Fireman, very quotable)

I could be wrong, but taking into account what Chewy316 said plus people at Alberton dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.

I think he could be sacked between tomorrow (Tuesday) and Friday. The club from all the facts that we know if they're looking to Sack Hinkley, they’ve probably spent all of that time figuring out how to pay him out and leave as much flexibility as possible for Josh to bring in his coaches and resources into the club.

Our socials and graphic designers would be giving, at least, i think, I could be wrong, a 48/72 hour heads up and deadline to create a design and a post for his sacking. Right now I assume those departments are flat out, especially our graphic designers with making the graphics for B&F night on Friday.

But, these are just my thoughts.

Much like the Hinkley family that gets scrutinized to within an inch of its life in these parts without question.

Double standards
There's a difference between people speculating and having digs at the Hinkleys (not that I necessarily like that either) and passing on actual personal information about someone or their family.

Even longer? Why? 12 years of evidence isn't enough?

I don't have the specifics as to why it is taking this long.

The problem is that ken has a contract, the club don't have to make any comment, just move along in to next year like usual.

The way I see it the club has always taken the easy route, the weak CEO doesn't even bother to address our pathetic finals exits, with some sort of explanation of how and what they are going to do to correct it.
As the old saying goes, the less you say the less you incriminate yourself.

Hope you are recovering well mate.

You're right, if the Club keep Ken they won't need to make any statement confirming as such, but I'll be in a position to know for sure given the people involved in the decision making, and can at least relay that info on this forum.

Is it possible that they could announce Carr as the new head coach and keep the idiot for 12 months in some sort of assistant role for Carr. You never know seeing they have to pay him either way.

The club could paint this in beautiful way which makes everything look so amicable.

No way Hinkley stays as second fiddle..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it goes on longer than that he's staying you'd think, unless he just vanishes and Carr pops up in January!

I think we've got until Friday.

If he's still in the position on Friday, I can't see him being sacked. There's been more than enough time.

mob GIF by South Park

I'm at the point of expecting nothing.
No announcement that he's sacked, no announcement or acknowledgement that he's staying.
Broader media won't care about Port this week and then we're into trade period and it will be forgotten about until March. Then surprise, he's still here!!
To think one short kick against Sydney and a bomb from Houston against the bombers are the only two kicks that have kept him here

He has a contract. Regardless of your opinion on Ken, he's contracted for another year and I'm not sure it's totally selfish to finish second on the ladder and make a prelim and not resign given some dickheads decided to give him a contract. No matter what you think, this is on those that decided to give him a contract.

I offer that nobody here earning what Ken earns, in an industry where there's a very finite number of positions at that level would walk away from a contract with one year remaining given you aren't in breach of that contract and you were given that contract based on similar performance only a couple of years ago. It's all lip service. No way anybody is walking away. If the club aren't happy, he should be sacked and paid out. That's on them.

Of course he has the right to fulfill his contract. But if we start poorly next season and the pressure mounts on the club, noone will care.

The whole club will be seen as negligent for letting the circus distract the team for yet another year and Ken won't escape criticism. The media are of the opinion that Ken might make the call himself and resign. If that's true, then he's seen as having a choice and is not simply beholden to a contract.

Of course he has the right to fulfill his contract. But if we start poorly next season and the pressure mounts on the club, noone will care.

The whole club will be seen as negligent for letting the circus distract the team for yet another year and Ken won't escape criticism. The media are of the opinion that Ken might make the call himself and resign. If that's true, then he's seen as having a choice and is not simply beholden to a contract.

The key is, he shouldn't have the contract in the first place. Even the most ardent Hinkley lover would agree that if we knew we were going to have the 2 garbage finals series we had, he wouldn't have been given that contract.

So he shouldn't be able to be held to a contract that should never have happened. We all knew it at the time. It was an obvious mistake. Just rip the bandaid off.

I think we've got until Friday.

If he's still in the position on Friday, I can't see him being sacked. There's been more than enough time.

I'm at the point of expecting nothing.
No announcement that he's sacked, no announcement or acknowledgement that he's staying.
Broader media won't care about Port this week and then we're into trade period and it will be forgotten about until March. Then surprise, he's still here!!
To think one short kick against Sydney and a bomb from Houston against the bombers are the only two kicks that have kept him here
So this is where it's baffling how it could possibly take longer than a couple of hour meeting to hash it out. We are led to believe he was gone last year if we lost to Sydney, this year if we lost to St Kilda (**** jack higgins 25m kick) etc but then lose a QF by a record and don't turn up in a prelim and ok on to next year. Where the **** is the consistency or even logical thought process in the leadership in our club? It's all over the shop, I can only assume none of them have an iota of a clue on whats what.

The key is, he shouldn't have the contract in the first place. Even the most ardent Hinkley lover would agree that if we knew we were going to have the 2 garbage finals series we had, he wouldn't have been given that contract.

So he shouldn't be able to be held to a contract that should never have happened. We all knew it at the time. It was an obvious mistake. Just rip the bandaid off.
I think you’re severely overestimating the most ardent Hinkley lovers. They are too married to the idea that he has to be our coach, which truly makes me wonder he they were prior to him coaching. It really looks similar to the Republican Party in the US, with the separation between your traditional Republicans and your MAGA Republicans. When our club is looking like them, and even moreso the Trump era, you know we’re ****ed.
That being said, I fully agree that they’ll all say it was the right time because the club can do no wrong. Wish they’d at least get on board with the idea of him leaving now

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back