Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2127264

Saved to my phone during the Ben Brown Bowl, for “I kept the receipt from earlier this week” purposes.

Over five years ago.

Why are we still stuck in this gaslighting limbo?

Who’s the author of that, tribey?

Geez… 2019! After 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. After being destroyed by a helpless North in a must-win game to make Finals.

It’s like these people decided to live in a reality of their own, and nothing will ever take them away from there.

How much more evidence does management need that he is an utter spud who has achieved nothing in 12 seasons?

Facts do not matter. It’s all about feelings and self-image.

Facts do not matter. It’s all about feelings and self-image.
Snow White Mirror GIF by Travis

Who the **** wrote that? May they burn in hell!

Who’s the author of that, tribey?

Geez… 2019! After 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. After being destroyed by a helpless North in a must-win game to make Finals.

It’s like these people decided to live in a reality of their own, and nothing will ever take them away from there.

I can’t remember whether it was from a Rucci’s Roast article, or some other piece written by a serial apologist.

A very apt turn of phrase. Goes with ‘nursemaid’.

Something else CD admitted to me in that conversation was that his own priority had always been to “look after Ken Hinkley”.

I piped up and told him he was wrong, that his job was to “look after the Port Adelaide Football Club”.

My reckoning is that this started with KT who recruited both CD and, before him, Hinkley.

Looking back I can see that KT was so terrified twelve years ago almost exactly when Leon Cameron stood him up, and all we had left was Eade. KT had convinced himself he couldn’t go through the agony and angst and uncertainty of another coaching search. Ever again. Hence Hinkley being chased down long-distance and being given a job complete with family on hand for 12-plus years … minus interview.

KT turned out to be weak, Koch followed suit, and we are where we are.

The risks of hiring too many outsiders of the wrong type.

A team that consistently get up for the purpose of saving Ken only for them to go missing soon after. How is this a healthy situation?

A board that apparently makes decisions on whether to continue with the coach based on if he can get the team up to win a game which they’ve decided is do or die.

There’s quite a bit wrong here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very apt turn of phrase. Goes with ‘nursemaid’.

Something else CD admitted to me in that conversation was that his own priority had always been to “look after Ken Hinkley”.

I piped up and told him he was wrong, that his job was to “look after the Port Adelaide Football Club”.

My reckoning is that this started with KT who recruited both CD and, before him, Hinkley.

Looking back I can see that KT was so terrified twelve years ago almost exactly when Leon Cameron stood him up, and all we had left was Eade. KT had convinced himself he couldn’t go through the agony and angst and uncertainty of another coaching search. Ever again. Hence Hinkley being chased down long-distance and being given a job complete with family on hand for 12-plus years … minus interview.

KT turned out to be weak, Koch followed suit, and we are where we are.
I agree that has spooked the club since. What they fail to realise is that we would be one of the more attractive clubs to coach right now. A decent coach can get this list to a GF. Times change.

We have built this moment up for years and years. I wonder how some people on here are going to actually handle the news when it finally does come through!

We have built this moment up for years and years. I wonder how some people on here are going to actually handle the news when it finally does come through!
Celebrations for sure, but relief that we don’t have to keep going through the same stress again next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back