Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the lack of media speculation here concerns me.

We leak like a sieve usually.

If an announcement was gonna happen this week I'd be very surprised not to have to usual culprits in Caro/Kane etc getting updates a day or two beforehand.

All quiet on the Western Front is just the pathetic solution I've come to expect from this club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe there'll be a surprise retirement at the B&F. Yes I too am clutching at straws.

This is not sounding overly promising. Sounds like a strategy to minimise the Sack Hinkley signs around Adelaide & keep the supporter base as quiet as possible while they get the automatic renewal of memberships finished.

I think (and this is me guessing) that it might have something to do with Perryman. He is invested in Ken, and so until Perryman picks a team I can see Port holding off doing anything with Ken.

I think the predicament is something like this:

Koch & the majority of the board are too scared to sack him and Tredrea doesn’t quite have the numbers to force the issue.
That’s admitting they faqd up and I don’t believe they have the cahunas anyway.

Ken has a contract and even though he knows he’ll be under pressure from the onset next year, he probably knows he’s not getting a gig anywhere else and also he’s that emotionally attached to this group, he won’t know what to do with himself without them. (“My boys, good boys”)

He won’t be in a healthy space to coach at all. And I can’t believe our board is going to tick off this scenario if this is all allowed to roll onto next year.

To add another layer, we apparently have a coach in waiting who’s dealing with his own personal issues to the point he hasn’t put himself up for some jobs with big clubs and I’m concerned about whether he’ll be able to give his all to such a demanding role because of this.

Carr's family issues are not in any way going to affect his performance as head coach.

Everyone has "something" that they are dealing with personally. In his case, to best deal with it, his family is best to be located in Adelaide.

No news can often eventually result in good news, but I too am getting the vibe we are stuck with kern for at least another wasted season.

Koch will never have the cajones to pull the pin on him while he is contracted, he would melt like an ice cube on a bbq under the heat applied by the Vic-centric media for dissing their kenny!
Koch is another self-interested person with his desire to be on the Afl board. He will not rock the Afl boat. Ports success is way down his priority list, just like the Afl.

"It's been a tough year for him" 🥴

View attachment 2127217
Poor Kenny!!!! If it's been so tough for him, why didn't he walk away during the year? The other difficult thing for him is that he's been living in abject poverty on a pitiful $900k a year.......

Last edited:
That's weird. Perryman need a daddy too? A huge no from me.

Ken is a brilliant salesman. And he has a strong record which he can point to of getting the best out of recruits who have come to Port during his tenure.

Ryder, Dixon, McKenzie, Matt White, Polec, Aliir etc all saw improvements in their play and consistent game time following their moves to Port.

GYvYpYeXYAAx3ok

why isn't he sacked yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken is a brilliant salesman. And he has a strong record which he can point to of getting the best out of recruits who have come to Port during his tenure.

Ryder, Dixon, McKenzie, Matt White, Polec, Aliir etc all saw improvements in their play and consistent game time following their moves to Port.

I mean they have all won a flag right....

Ryder, Dixon, McKenzie, Matt White, Polec, Aliir.....

Ken is a snake oil salesman.

That's some serious painkillers you're on mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back