Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Holding off on a "business as usual" message regarding the coach until after automatic membership payments are processed on Oct 10.

What a grubby organisation we have become.

yeah we are too disorganized, we need daily sack Koch stickers, as soon as he's gone the first thing the replacement will do is get rid of the shit coach anyway

Holding off on a "business as usual" message regarding the coach until after automatic membership payments are processed on Oct 10.

What a grubby organisation we have become.

Like I said last night, i'll go with he's coaching from what I was told, 100%.

I bet then next thing we see and hear is just the vids post the B&F.

I actually think it really comes down to Ken, he sees no reason to leave, the individual has become bigger than the club, and they just let it happen - it's easier than thinking for themselves.

Those who came before who made the club would be looking at this wondering how did we get here - and personally I think that answer is because we happily sit mid to upper table most of the time, the losses Ken should have where they scraped through some wins really saved him.

Also - makes you wonder if Tredrea never said the 'untenable' comment perhaps Ken still wouldn't be here, the irony.

It must suck being a Crows fan but they do things so much better off field, compared to the amateurish ways of the new Port Adelaide.

Well done Koch and the rest of you idiots, you have turned the greatest sporting club in Australia to mediocre laughing stock. Other clubs supporters take the piss that we will be stuck with Hinkley again.

The club has alienated itself from the fans. We go again, with no explanation about another finals exit. What irritates me is the Happy Clappers don't give a shit, as long as they have something to fill in their social lifes.

Pathetic top to bottom. Richardson you would have to the worst, weakest CEO ever employed be the club.

Why do we keep flogging a dead horse when nobody else, past players, coaches seem to give a shit.

A weak club full of excuses for failure, enjoy being 2nd best to Crows, now I believe, that is Port Adelaides rightful place in SA footy, the poor cousin. Like Ken says, you get what you deserve.

Last edited:
When the media discuss Longmire

Podcast oo-host Jimmy Bartel responded that history remembers premierships, not coaches that consistently got their teams to September.

"Thirty years from now we don't remember 'oh, geez that coach was good because he made the eight'," he said.

"Premierships are the currency”…

But when the media discuss Hinkley it’s all “look at his home and away win percentage” and “remember 2012”

It’s not the same gameplan, though. We actually played an exciting brand of football, based on the ‘slingshot’ rebounding from defence and the Burgess-fuelled overrunning opponents gamestyle, in 2013-14.

In the following offseason, there was rumblings of “these guys don’t know how to play yet, just wait til they learn” and we came out with a possession retention style which was absolute pus, getting rolled by the literal worst teams in the comp (Carlton and Brisbane), among many others, having entered the season as red hot premiership favourites.

Bassett signed up for 2016 and then we adopted his high pressing defensive style, which we have ever since. The football has been absolutely disgraceful to watch, even if we have habitually defeated the bottom 10 teams regularly. It is, of course, highly taxing, woefully inefficient, and doesn’t hold up against any half decent team.

Somehow much of our fan base have been locked in some form of trance since the actually good now years of 2013-14 (did the Wingard hypnosis video clip actually have broader consequences? 🤯).

Those seasons, which were inarguably good, have in fact done untold damage on account of Ken being convinced he has the Midas touch. But yes, your overall point holds true post-2016

Who’d have thought expecting our fleet of freewheeling run and gunners — Pittard, O’Shea, Broadbent, Polec, White, Impey, Neade, Ebert, Boak — to become stop’n’prop two-way possession cogs with an emphasis on calculated foot disposal, wouldn’t result in the improvement required to take the next step.

People saying we finished 2nd at the end of H&A as being some sort of achievement. 1 win more than 5th, 3 games off from clinging to equal 8th. Take with that being 7 wins / 1 loss record for games under 10 points, we were incredibly lucky. But we all know that we have historically managed to make finals and finish high, giving us the best chance to 'mathematically' make the GF, we just go to pieces when it counts. A motivational coach failing to get the boys 'Up' for finals because shock horror, all other teams have the same finals edge and motivation now and this means your teams gameplan and hardiness are tested more than ever. But we know how this story ends. Wasn't it Chris Scott that said, Port are a emotional team which is something hard to predict or combat - as we seemingly get ourselves pumped up for random games. Everyone knows this is not sustainable

If we aren't there at the last Saturday in September (and winning), we have failed. Simple. It's the Port way. Anything else is shit club talk, in the likes of most other SANFL clubs that have the heart of peas.

His only motivation is emotion, usually the emotions surrounding his impending sacking, which is why we're so insanely bipolar in terms of when we turn up. He panics in big games and the team panics.

Emotion just doesn't work as a motivator. It's not sustainable. The players actually have to believe they can win.

That's it.

There was a quote from one of the Brisbane guys, Lachie Neale I think, where he (Fagan) doesn't chastise the players for mistakes but encourages them to be better, it creates an environment for learning and adapting to situations.

Kenny having a go at Ginnivan post game, and a few comments about the younger players not being good enough last year to get picked over injured players and so forth.

And that all comes down to the mental side of the game, Ken doesn't have that, he might be a great people person, but the players are mentally frozen with him.

Ken himself is mentally frozen and you can't be coaching and thrive in a dynamic environment such as football with that mindset.

This thread is always why I'm a bit tin hat about the influence of the club and Koch on this forum because the vanillarisation was so apt and horribly true but it got changed.

There was no real reason to change it.

IIRC I think it just turned into just DAvid Koch and then it was realised it needed a bigger title and then you've got two working titles with David Koch, the real one and the fake one.

Threads about Hinkley just usually make their way into the Sack Hinkley thread eventually.

The AFL, the AFL media, the PAFC and its media arm are very active in trying to quell anything remotely negative about the club and especially the players but Hinkley is in another fantastical bubble.

I like Chewy but if you read his words of wisdom but if you read between the lines, , you can see where his allegiances are.

I can’t exactly remember the timeline, but every now and then a new moderator takes over and gets super-zealous about doing mod things for the sake of doing them.

Merging multiple threads about Koch would fit under that circumstance, but it did bury what was a fairly prescient op-ed about where the club was headed after they’d honeypotted us into the cage.

There’s too much chat about Ken taking an extended break for his mental health for him to not get sacked.

He must be a glut for punishment if he’s willing to go through it all again in 2025. There’s no extended break once the season starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

toby greene celebrations GIF by AFL
When is Tassie in? Lol

The club is weak if they don't sack him now he doesn't deserve to coach another year. But if the board is split a sacking is unlikely but also an extension beyond next year is also unlikely so there will be at least an end date for Ken.
Carr will coach in 2026
In the meantime all new appointments eg. Assistant coaches must have sole input from Carr and footy committee only no involvement from Ken I suspect this is already happening with the approach to Dew
Once 2026 comes the next steps are to get rid of the others who have held this club back we all know who they are. They can't be let off scott free even after Ken leaves.

The club is weak if they don't sack him now he doesn't deserve to coach another year. But if the board is split a sacking is unlikely but also an extension beyond next year is also unlikely so there will be at least an end date for Ken.
Carr will coach in 2026
In the meantime all new appointments eg. Assistant coaches must have sole input from Carr and footy committee only no involvement from Ken I suspect this is already happening with the approach to Dew
Once 2026 comes the next steps are to get rid of the others who have held this club back we all know who they are. They can't be let off scott free even after Ken leaves.

I'd have Dew over Carr right now.

There’s too much chat about Ken taking an extended break for his mental health for him to not get sacked.

He must be a glut for punishment if he’s willing to go through it all again in 2025. There’s no extended break once the season starts.

You would be too for 800k.

Ken hasn't lost the players, that's the problem.

Carr will coach in 2026
You're not wrong, but willingly spinning your wheels in the mud for another year just to play out time is incomprehensible management.

There's 12 years of irrefutable data suggesting Hinkley has maxed out at his ceiling, to go with him again next year sells nothing but hopelessness to the supporters.

Carr will coach in 2026

Get ready for Ken 2025...... Maybe that's why Davies is not going anywhere, if Ken is refusing to walk, then perhaps they will start a transition process, who knows, I just can't see Ken agreeing to that tbh (unless they come out and say it).

Ken's just a selfish prick and we have a weak club at management level, end of story.

.......and why won't he get another contract, how many times have we said that?

Strap in.

Carr will coach in 2026
Keeping the dickhead around for another year isn't good enough... Anyone with 2 brain cells could tell ya this.

Start the Carr or Stuart dew.

But I'm not wasting next year with stinkley in charge.

Ken hasn't lost the players, that's the problem.

Richardson told the AGM that they fear a player exodus in the event Ken leaves.

Koch believes if we ever have another truly bad year we’ll be transported back to windswept AAMI Stadium in Sunday twilight.

We’re beholden to preconceptions and feelings that tip the scales in favour of Hinkley’s ongoing presence by default.

Koch believes if we ever have another truly bad year we’ll be transported back to windswept AAMI Stadium in Sunday twilight.

We’re beholden to preconceptions and feelings that tip the scales in favour of Hinkley’s ongoing presence by default.
That’s what happens when people play for the coach and not the badge. Clean them out and start again

Let the players leave if Ken does ffs...don't want imposters that don't put the club first

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back