Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The people in charge of the club know what they're doing. We just need to rally behind them, stick fat with Ken, and climb onboard for 2025. The wait will make it all taste sweeter.
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

The "Kenny loves us, we love Kenny" Father Figure angle has always felt uncomfortable to me. Even when Rosee and Butters said it, it felt unnatural. It's clearly been coached into them to say words to that effect and I maintain that it is such a weird thing to make the players say.
Its embarrassing to hear. They're adults. People just don't speak like that, particularly in elite sport. It's so weird & borderline cultish.

Oh we 100% won't make the GF.

But we'll make the finals and there's a pretty good chance we make the top 4 again.
I wouldn't be surprised if we slipped out of the 8 tbh, I am not even being pessimistic. I think the comp gets much harder next year. Suns are no longer a pushover, North may surprise with some upsets, Crows could bounce back and have had the wood over us recently and Melbourne who knows. Talent only gets you so far. We need a system, haven't had one in ages

What I'm saying is that Ken's position is still undecided but will be determined in the not too distant future.

Seriously how to can we be 10+ days from our season ending and be undecided. That's bullshit. Decision should have been made the Monday after the crap we serve up during finals, one way or another.

Seriously how to can we be 10+ days from our season ending and be undecided. That's bullshit. Decision should have been made the Monday after the crap we serve up during finals, one way or another.

Agree with the fact that it’s the 3rd of October and influential people of our hierarchy are still undecided on a decision, is absolutely disgraceful but not surprising.

If they want to hide any speculation from the media about Ken's future until the players and coaches reviews are done so they can facilitate those things to be completed, I can completely understand that, and I’ll be patient, like I’ve been, but...

These tasks are done now; we are in full free agency and trade period mode. Honestly, there should be a deadline from the board in making a decision one way or another, instead of this nonsense waiting game crap.

It's incredibly frustrating. Surely we'd set a threshold of what Hinkley needed to do to remain employed prior to the finals.

It feels like if the decision is whether to extend Hinkley early and unnecessarily they're super trigger happy and if the decision is whether he should be sacked or not, they're asleep at the wheel.

If they'd dragged their feet like this with the 2023 extension he'd be gone by now. Instead we have to listen to deadshits telling us that Hinkley has a contract and we should honour it.

It's not even like, who else ya gonna get. The club has made it clear they want Carr to take over. He's sitting right there.

THE HINKLEYS MUST BE REMOVED

Yeah but can you give me an iron clad guarantee that Carr will win us a flag because if not we should just stick with a guy who definitely can't and will also embarrass us every September.

We will fail in 25 with the current coach. We may also fail with a new one. The main difference is that in the second scenario, fans, members and players are re-engaged.

Surely the additional membership/attendance/merch income dwarfs the cost of a payout, and you're going to make the change at the end of 25 anyway. Do it now, give us something to get excited about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no decision, he has a contract, that's why. They could have just not renewed his contract previously and still kept him, so they aren't going to part ways with a contracted Kenny unless he wants to go.

Last edited:
We will fail in 25 with the current coach. We may also fail with a new one. The main difference is that in the second scenario, fans, members and players are re-engaged.

Surely the additional membership/attendance/merch income dwarfs the cost of a payout, and you're going to make the change at the end of 25 anyway. Do it now, give us something to get excited about

The players are engaged. Ken hasn’t lost the players hence why he’s still here.

Also it’s mostly members from generations past that dislike the club and Ken at the minute. Plenty like going to catch a FruChoc and watch the dating game, some probably prefer the colours to the Crows.

Ken would have been sacked by now IMO and clearly has zero intention of walking.

You’ll see him next giving his speech at the B&F then in March, bookmark it.

It just stinks like every other year.

It's not even like, who else ya gonna get. The club has made it clear they want Carr to take over. He's sitting right there.

THE HINKLEYS MUST BE REMOVED
Carrs not ready yet. Cults take time to transform people into the person they want.

He hasn't completed the Daddy we love him so much course yet.

Even when Carr takes over, things won't change much because this has become a culture issue, not only a coaching issue

Our club has been pushing in one direction to hard to the extent of falling off the others side of the cliff.

I believe things will get a lot worse before we see any improvement, Carr will have to get Port into Preliminary Finals to at least match Stinkers so comparisons will be made and us supporters will be told, well that's what you all wanted.

The club is not going to go through the process of interviewing people for the job, so I say get used to not winning any silverware, especially with the Tasmanian side just around the corner, the new AFL baby.

Last edited:
I'm all for Sack Hinkley but there is a part of me that feels that if Hinkley coaches in 2025 that it could become the greatest, most horrible $h!tshow. We've had Boaky giving away goals to the opposition in the prelim, Dixon fried beyond recognition, Lycett bandaged with gaffer tape, McKenzie cooked and the captain Jonas playing so badly he gets dropped.

The key ingredients are:

the most hated coach who has long overstated his welcome and has zero respect
a vitriolic fanbase baying for blood
a budding coach in the wings
the AFL media championing Kenny Average
the 'inevitable' takeover

There are six to seven years of unbridled resentment built up in the fanbase that needs to find an expression.
The qualities of the Creed have been $h@t on for too long.
The pressure will be enormous and if they start poorly, it will get ugly fast.
Booing could be the norm.
It could be the funnest send off ever.

There is no decision, he has a contract, that's why. They could have just not renewed his contract previously and still kept him, so they aren't going to part ways with a contracted Kenny unless he wants to go.

I think that there has been decided.

If there's no decision, then it's because there's a push for outing him.

The easiest decision is to keep Hinkley. Anything different from that is a sign that things aren't going smoothly in the club.

Now, there's another way of looking at this. Without Tredrea, Hinkley would have gotten an extension. He hasn't been sacked, but he is about to coach his last year of contract.

He did this only ONCE, in 2020; but even then an 8th place would have automatically extended his contract for another year.

We may not have gotten what we want, but the club leadership hasn't gotten what they want either.

That's something...

I'm all for Sack Hinkley but there is a part of me that feels that if Hinkley coaches in 2025 that it could become the greatest, most horrible $h!tshow. We've had Boaky giving away goals to the opposition in the prelim, Dixon fried beyond recognition, Lycett bandaged with gaffer tape, McKenzie cooked and the captain Jonas playing so badly he gets dropped.

The key ingredients are:

There are six to seven years of unbridled resentment built up in the fanbase that needs to find an expression.

I'm expecting a strong start and a bad finish, like 2018. Maybe we sneak into the 8, but we would lose either in EF or in SF.

They failed to meet their own expectations, but they know the how
and found the what ... it's Luke Kelly's fault.

They'll do a Clayton's Australia wide search and promote good mate Hart's to fill his role, or maybe share it with "she's so impressive" Arnell. Shuffle the decks around, trade in the missing piece Luko for our future, Davies will polish up Kenny's halo, and daddy will be ready to go again with all his ocharisms.

Hey Richo ... what's not to get excited about?

The key ingredients are:

This is my one and only consolation, if things do get ugly enough more than Kens head may roll......which works very well for me

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back