Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez, that sounds to me like he knows the drums are beating!!

Amazon Idk GIF by Citadel

I finally got around to making a video about why the whole father figure thing isn’t exactly correct. Pretty proud of the “if Ken Hinkley the coach was your father you’d probably be a ward of the state by now” call.

Well I have good relationships with these people. And in many ways I'm seen as an advisor to bounce ideas off. They value my input and opinion, and I know when to keep my mouth shut without having to be told as such. Absolute nothing that I say on here can be linked to a single individual. The information is generic, but I hope it gives people a bit of an understanding as to the Club's thinking. People are welcome to take it at whatever value they deem it.

This, this, this! Thank you.

Anyways, at this current rate I look forward to this thread reaching it's 13th iteration most likely over the upcoming weekend. Have a good night.
Thanks for the information you share, it's highly valued especially for the insight you provide.

But at the end of the day, whatever will be with Hinkley will be. We can all hope for a result but I doubt we'll get the desired one. We've seen this movie too many times before.

Hope you're on the mend as well..I don't post here as regularly as I used to cause I can't be assed wasting energy on a footy club that has put itself in a rut and won't dig itself out of a hole it put itself in, but I did see your posts about your health and hope you're on the road to recovery in that regard.

There's no way he says this unless he knows for a fact he's staying haha

“Ken Hinkley's not going anywhere.”

No, he’s not. That’s the problem.

Surely the club knows the benefits/risks ratio between keeping him or parting ways for next year.

1 x bad loss, like 50-100 point loss and the boo's and backlash from fans will be larger than anything this year.

He's not getting us to a GF or winning us a flag, any objectivity can tell you that.

The contract will be a huge distraction all year a la 2023, and likely burn out the playing group.

We have our replacement sitting there, warmed up ready to go.

What.......is.........the.......point........of......keeping........him!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Chewy is a friend and confidant to said insiders.

Maybe the information he posts is general enough that it can't be traced back to any individual - and you'd want to be very, very sure if you were someone else at the club making such an accusation.

Either way, it's not like there aren't other people at the club backgrounding journos about anything and everything all the time, Caro and Kane Cornes being the most obvious ones. That's no different and actually worse given they have a far bigger megaphone than some guy called Chewy316 on an internet forum.
I assume the Powers that be down at the club know who Chewy is.

It can't be that difficult for them.

Everything is about Ken and for Ken. Why do the players want to win for Hinkley and not the club or the supporters waiting 20 years for success. Not once has Ken mentioned that "We", being the players, coaches (Club) are wanting to do what's best for the club. Or doing it for the supporters instead we are told our opinion isn't valid and to accept what they say as Gospel with no accountability

Everything is about Ken and for Ken. Why do the players want to win for Hinkley and not the club or the supporters waiting 20 years for success. Not once has Ken mentioned that "We", being the players, coaches (Club) are wanting to do what's best for the club. Or doing it for the supporters instead we are told our opinion isn't valid and to accept what they say as Gospel with no accountability
Ken makes it about himself. He started to speak this way when he first arrived. "I'm the right man standing. We wrap our arms around each other. Outside noise. It's a tough competition. I've been around a long time."
He drives the narrative, the us against them, but it's them (he and the players) versus the supporters and our unrealistic expectations.
When we lose, "it's not our fault. We did the best we possibly can. Players might not be good enough. If we played the younger ones, we would've lost by more."
All of this bullsh*t comes out of his mouth over and over again. It's like he's the abuser and the players are the captees. The "I love the players. I can't leave the boys." It's weird.
I won't even get started.about what he and his manger have done with his contract negotiations and renegotiations,. particularly around covid but that's the fault of CD, KT and the Board.
He's a manipulator and he'll do and say pretty much anything so he comes out either "Kenny the hero" or "poor Kenny".

Surely the club knows the benefits/risks ratio between keeping him or parting ways for next year.

1 x bad loss, like 50-100 point loss and the boo's and backlash from fans will be larger than anything this year.

He's not getting us to a GF or winning us a flag, any objectivity can tell you that.

The contract will be a huge distraction all year a la 2023, and likely burn out the playing group.

We have our replacement sitting there, warmed up ready to go.

What.......is.........the.......point........of......keeping........him!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well he's gonna bring some energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back