Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting time to send out a member survey.

Dare I read into this Chewy316 ?

Edit: just saw your post. All good.

I found the timing of that interesting to say the least. I doubt it is connected in any way to do with how the footy department is currently operating.

Gees Chewy, initially you were talking about having drinks at the club to celebrate his demise. Your messaging has slowly changed over time to reach this. Mmm.

And the moment he gets sacked is the moment I'll be down at the Precinct having a beer to celebrate. That has not, and will not change.

But it's getting to him, he's feeling the heat. If he had no self awareness he would be immune to his detractors. This is why he's coming out with all the bravado crap.

Sure he's feeling the heat, but to him that's a reflection on the baying mob, not him. If he had self-awareness he would be acknowledging his part in the mess. When have you heard that? We're all in this is his latest escape hatch. He's trying to explain to the idiots who can't understand how bad luck, poor lists, player failings have denied his greatness. Whether he does it with bravado or sad stories, it is all an outward projection. It's the classic Principal Skinner meme, Am I so out of touch? No it's the children's fault.

Normally timing is critical when a coach is sacked post season as you need to organise a process to hire a new one.
In our case obviously carr will be coach if ken gets the flick. So it's no great hurry if they go down that path.
A decision may be left after trade period
The longer it goes without chewy getting confirmation of Ken for 2025 the better and more likely ken is gone.

Sure he's feeling the heat, but to him that's a reflection on the baying mob, not him. If he had self-awareness he would be acknowledging his part in the mess. When have you heard that? We're all in this is his latest escape hatch. He's trying to explain to the idiots who can't understand how bad luck, poor lists, player failings have denied his greatness. Whether he does it with bravado or sad stories, it is all an outward projection. It's the classic Principal Skinner meme, Am I so out of touch? No it's the children's fault.
Can't disagree with any of this

Mark Williams left and didn't get all his $

Why.. cos he loves port.

Ken Hinkley will suck everything he can from port... Why cos we mean nothing to him.
This is essentially the crux of it. The club wants him gone but also wants a clean divorce. They'd have offered him a settlement, one which he'd have scoffed at. The difference in $ between what the club offered as a severence package, and what he'd earn if he sees out his contract could potentially be as much as half a million dollars. In my opinion Hinkley is now challenging the club to sack him, so he can get all his money. He has a contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is essentially the crux of it. The club wants him gone but also wants a clean divorce. They'd have offered him a settlement, one which he'd have scoffed at. The difference in $ between what the club offered as a severence package, and what he'd earn if he sees out his contract could potentially be as much as half a million dollars. In my opinion Hinkley is now challenging the club to sack him, so he can get all his money. He has a contract.
Always been greedy and selfish.

Even back in his playing days.

I said previously - if he’s getting the as*, it will be after trade period, so we don’t have to deal with players wanting out before hand.

To me the most telling part of the interview yesterday was Ken bringing up the fact that Fagan and Brisbane stayed the course and after 6 finals series they finally won one, suggesting with all the young talent we currently have if we persist long enough a premiership isn’t far away. So I think we’re dealing with a board majority currently thinking along similar lines.
The other thing is they seem scared to make the ultimate call.
It really seems like there’s quite a few people on that board that shouldn’t be anywhere near running what we want in a ruthless and successful football club.

I'm just going to leave this here so I don't have to keep repeating myself for the next little while:

If the Club confirms Hinkley's position for 2025, they're not going to put out a statement doing so. But there would still be a decision that would be ratified by Club executives, directors etc. And if that occurs, I will well and truly know about it and post an update as such in here.

Otherwise, as it stands (and for the next little while), there is no update to be had. I was well and truly wrong on my presumption of the B&F deadline based on what I've been told in the last day or two.

Enjoy the trade and free agency period.

This is what I think currently:

We are being played, while trying to play. We want to sack him, but we don’t have the votes. We need time.

The Koch-Hinkley-Davies camp doesn’t want to sack Hinkley. They are betting that the delay helps a “non-decision” which favours the status quo.

Hence, neither camp is in a hurry.

Membership survey complete - remember to write the whole phrase "Sack Ken Hinkley" as often as possible. I would not respond with anything about Hinkley in the "what words do you associate with Port Adelaide?" section though - instead use words like disappointment, weak and losers. We don't want his name associated with the football club.

My fear he stays
Hart's get promoted to after a successful season coaching the SANFL

Hartlett to get promoted to more midfield coach time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back