Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I ever shared this in here, but on grand final day I was at the Royal Derby Hotel in Fitzroy with my Lions supporting mate, that pub that kept being shown in the media since it's kind of THE Fitzroy pub. Unrelated, but they had a team signed 2020 Port jumper and a 2004 premiership poster which I thought was odd, especially because we beat Brisbane in that exact game lol. Though now I'm researching, it looks like that's the spot where our Vic supporter group meets up, good to know. However I'm getting sidetracked. After the game there were TV cameras and I happened to get myself on Channel 9, though I noticed a Fox Footy camera filming fans after the game. While people were cheering I got up near the mic and yelled "SACK HINKLEY" a couple times. Someone said to me "they won't broadcast that will they" and I said "you're probably right, there's a pretty big protection racket for him". I'm assuming he was right, because someone would've mentioned it here, but I tried at least.
I've considered heading there on game day a couple of times, but Fitzroy is a bit of a PITA to get to via PT from the west side of town. The Port vs Lions game would be fun there, though.

Last edited:
A lot of stuttering, how this guy is in our administration is beyond me

Insanity is trying the same thing again and again and expecting different results. Why do media/club always take about Ken's energy and love? And never about Ken's great gameplan or tactics? Its because he has none of the latter and thats what it takes to win a flag. Energy and love wont ever take you to the flag. Absolute malarkey from the club.

I would rather have a broken clock in the coaches box than this guy

Inept. Spineless. Gutless. Incompetent. Fraudulent.

These are just a few of the words to describe the administration of this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've considered heading there on game day a couple of times, but Fitzroy is a bid of a PITA to get to via PT from the west side of town. The Port vs Lions game would be fun there, though.
Agreed, and it doesn’t help that parking is a bit of a head**** in the Yarra council. I’ve been lucky enough to be coming from the northern suburbs so it’s usually a train to Merri and then tram the rest, but it’s still certainly achievable from other parts of Melbourne. I’ll probably head down there at some point but now that I’m 3 hours out of Melbourne it might be a bit of a pain.

Matthew Richardson on how Port will tackle next year with coach Ken Hinkley coming out of contract again

📻 SEN SA 1629

View attachment 8BWKfjQYy2eXM6E-.mp4

The rambling non-answer from Richardson has only two takeaways:

1) he is absolutely non-committal to Ken coaching next year, things are afoot

2) he knows that there is no way to sell this
Definitely, his radio interview was standard media dribble, nothing new.

There's every chance the football committee decided to part ways with ken today, but let ken claim retirement during the B&F.
If that's the case, I can see why chewy would go radio silent - no need to tell us a few hours early when the devil will tell us himself.

I’m reminded of a call into AA earlier in the year after a loss. Stated that port won’t win a premiership until it’s under a member elected board.

Man was spot on the money.

Anyone who thinks the collective board have any ounce of respect for the members and people who built the foundation of the club are so far off.

Nothings going to happen. Kenneth the Good will cruise into 2025, under the backing of the media calling him a “resilient man”, whilst Kane of Glenelg will ridicule the port fans.

The board will sit like mute rats until they are forced into a move.

Us supporters are the laughing stock of the AFL community, but worst of all, our board.

Get em out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back