Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be so sure about that. This is a unique situation in that the future head coach is already at the club. There's no especially good reason why they couldn't make a move on him between now and when pre season training begins.
That's rubbish.

If we have a new coach there is a load of work to be done on our game plan BEFORE pre season training begins so that it can be drilled from day 1.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't be so sure about that. This is a unique situation in that the future head coach is already at the club. There's no especially good reason why they couldn't make a move on him between now and when pre season training begins.
Yes there is. It’s called Koch. Are you seriously suggesting there’s a chance that he and the board are somehow going to about face after what he described last night as a “highly successful season”?
Your unique situation would have to involve some almighty board revolution and that won’t happen.

I've been here before. Don't stick your neck out with inside info for internet clout because as soon as its bad news its all your fault and they want to cut your balls off.

People want the inside info but as soon as something doesnt go to plan you get hung for it. Fwiw, what Chewy has been saying has been right. Ken staying doesn't change that. Koch is balls deep with Ken as is Davies, as is Bitchardson. Note Ken specifically mentioned them as backing him. He didn't mention anyone on the board. It's not as clear cut at that level and that is where his source(s) are.

I would hazard his sources are one or both of Snowden and Tredrea. These guys are 100% not on board with Ken.

In any case, we didn't get the result we wanted. Yet. Either way, don't shoot the messenger. It's a complex situation that unfortunately looks like it will run its full course before we get a chance for change we so richly need. I felt physically sick after the B&F. Truly. It was the most unprofessional event i'd ever seen from the club. It addressed none of the failures and took no responsibility for our short comings. All a big mass own fart huffing cringe fest.

It might be gut wrenchingly awful now, but trust me when they all get the ass which is inevitable - we can bathe in their blood and their legacy will be nothing but a meme. The wheel turns, but for us it has turned very, very slowly.
We all know that Doctor Feel's jabs, barbs and constant sarcasm, are all merely a sign of how much he really feels about this damn club, that has been hijack by the Triumvirate of Evil! This probably your longest, most sincere post I have seen for a few years, and really nails it!

I must admit that my feelings for Koch & Hinkley are now starting to border on hate! This is a little concerning for me, as it is not really reflective of my normal traits as an easy-going person. So I must also admit to avoiding this sort of thread on Bigfooty for my own emotional and mental well-being. This is no joke! This thread feeds the anger and hatred ... stay away for a few days, a week, and notice your mood improve.

I have mainly just popped in to see Chewy's updates. On that ... A big "thank you" to you mate. I know you are only feeding us info you have become privy to, you have no control of the eventual outcome. At least we can be sure that there are forces at play in the upper-echelons of the club, that align with our thinking. Suffice to say that we are very much closer to the end for the three (arguably four) buffoons that are running this club! We count the days until they are gone!

The balls it would take a club to sack and pay out a million dollars to a coach that has just made a prelim would be totally unprecedented!

We all know the ‘rest’ but this is the story.

Once we won a final it was done for 2025.

Back when we had a spine, it was early December. This new age faux Port Adelaide holds them in February in the hope that the previous year's failings are a distant memory. Unfortunately for them, I have a very good memory.

They're looking at moving the AGM back to December.

Back when we had a spine, it was early December. This new age faux Port Adelaide holds them in February in the hope that the previous year's failings are a distant memory. Unfortunately for them, I have a very good memory.
That worked really well for them last year. It started well for them & then all hell broke loose. Thank you for your contribution.

The balls it would take a club to sack and pay out a million dollars to a coach that has just made a prelim would be totally unprecedented!

We all know the ‘rest’ but this is the story.

Once we won a final it was done for 2025.

The entire situation is unprecedented. Sacking him now would only be unprecedented because we’ve allowed a whole bunch of other unprecedented things to occur beforehand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to clear the air about people having a pot shot at Chewy316. He never said it was a done deal. To my understanding, he said there are people high within the hierarchy that want Hinkley gone.
To steal a phrase that I’ve seen in this forum often, it’s the sunk cost fallacy.

The degenerate gambler thinking he’ll cover his losses by chasing that one big final score.

If Ken salutes on the Dias and delivers a drought-breaking flag in Season 13 it won’t be a “I told you so” moment, it’ll be a break-even moment at best.

Him finally providing a tangible return on 13 years of massive investment, but not enough to put him comfortably in the profit zone.
Even though you think it’s a break-even moment, at best, they’ll ram so many “I told you so’s” down our throats than you can poke a stick at. Add to that, the smugness coming out of their collective behinds will be enough to change the polarity of the magnetic poles.

The entire situation is unprecedented. Sacking him now would only be unprecedented because we’ve allowed a whole bunch of other unprecedented things to occur beforehand.

True, but how many have paid out a massive final year contract to get rid of a prelim final coach?

Has it ever happened?

No way this mob would suck Hinkley's dick one night and then sack him days later.
Honestly the delusions in here that Kens still not going to be here next year is akin to trumpions believing he's still president.

They're not sacking him.

The only realistic thing that could occur now would be the club announcing that next year is Ken's last year and Carrs taking over in 2026. This seems to be the most obvious.

Ken Hinkley was never being sacked. He just would have not been extended last year. When this thing finally ends, which IMO will be after one more contract extension (another 3 years maybe?) it will be Port Power and Ken Hinkley mutually decide to part ways after 15/16 years, thanks for saving our club etc etc

Don't know that there is wide spread anger so much at Chewy for bad news. Most would appreciate his insight.

I would say more frustration and disappointment at the club going so gung ho Hinkley at the b and f when it looked like there was hope.

Chewy did say he knew a lot more than he was saying and he of course would protect his sources but in the absence of information crap flows in.

Don't know that we have any more real information than we had before the finals or at the end of last year.

He has a contract and there are some at the club who disagree with him.

Nothing has changed.

Bloody hope it does soon.

Ken Hinkley was never being sacked. He just would have not been extended last year. When this thing finally ends, which IMO will be after one more contract extension (another 3 years maybe?) it will be Port Power and Ken Hinkley mutually decide to part ways after 15/16 years, thanks for saving our club etc etc

I was resigned to it when we beat the Swans by 112.

Koch has never had the stomach or knowledge to get rid of him when it’s been utterly deserved, so there was no way it was happening after that.

Probably never, but how many coaches have lost four of them without getting any further?

Your point isn’t the point to a ‘stability’ based board.

And nearly all in the AFL are that these days because of the dollars involved.

I don't discount what you are saying here because you bring up some good and interesting points.

I would say that what Hinkley may do is create an environment that they enjoy and can mean that in some respects that in some players brings out the best of themselves in their football.

But what I would counter with is, how much of this comfortable environment becomes detrimental to us when the challenge of finals happens.
Exactly development is not just getting a player to 'this player can play great footy', it's 'this player can play great footy when everything is on the line' (I.e. finals and to a lesser extent the big games the club under Hinkley repeatedly fails in). Even within the shitshow that is Hinkley's gameplan, there's been a dearth of individual great games in our finals under him. At best as a developer of (non-tall) players he rates a B (of talls a C if you want to be generous). Which is really no less than you'd expect from a senior coach, especially one who should have refined and learnt more (hahahaha) over a 12 year tenure.

tl;dr - Ken's no better at developing players on average than other senior coaches, so it doesn't counter his poor gameplan and inability to make changes in game.

I've been here before. Don't stick your neck out with inside info for internet clout because as soon as its bad news its all your fault and they want to cut your balls off.

People want the inside info but as soon as something doesnt go to plan you get hung for it. Fwiw, what Chewy has been saying has been right. Ken staying doesn't change that. Koch is balls deep with Ken as is Davies, as is Bitchardson. Note Ken specifically mentioned them as backing him. He didn't mention anyone on the board. It's not as clear cut at that level and that is where his source(s) are.

I would hazard his sources are one or both of Snowden and Tredrea. These guys are 100% not on board with Ken.

In any case, we didn't get the result we wanted. Yet. Either way, don't shoot the messenger. It's a complex situation that unfortunately looks like it will run its full course before we get a chance for change we so richly need. I felt physically sick after the B&F. Truly. It was the most unprofessional event i'd ever seen from the club. It addressed none of the failures and took no responsibility for our short comings. All a big mass own fart huffing cringe fest.

It might be gut wrenchingly awful now, but trust me when they all get the ass which is inevitable - we can bathe in their blood and their legacy will be nothing but a meme. The wheel turns, but for us it has turned very, very slowly.

You keep on making posts like this and you’ll ruin your whole reputation as shitposter-in-chief!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back