Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch and Co. Just don't want to be seen as being wrong so they cling to the hope that every new year with new recruits and changing assistants occasionally will see Ken breakthrough. But we all know ken isnt capable make no mistake even though he doesn't show it koch is pissed we haven't got the flag yet under ken.
He knows kens failure is his failure and doesn't want to go down in history as a failure leader at our footy club
I've said before and chewy is correct the board are now split re. Ken they were not 12 -18 months ago. Tredrea has got alot to do with that. There will be NO extension for ken.
2025 is his last chance. I know we have thought that before but this time it's true.
Either ken is collecting the Jock Mchale medal grand final day next year or he floats off into retirement never to be seen at Alberton again

Koch and Co. Just don't want to be seen as being wrong so they cling to the hope that every new year with new recruits and changing assistants occasionally will see Ken breakthrough. But we all know ken isnt capable make no mistake even though he doesn't show it koch is pissed we haven't got the flag yet under ken.
He knows kens failure is his failure and doesn't want to go down in history as a failure leader at our footy club
I've said before and chewy is correct the board are now split re. Ken they were not 12 -18 months ago. Tredrea has got alot to do with that. There will be NO extension for ken.
2025 is his last chance. I know we have thought that before but this time it's true.
Either ken is collecting the Jock Mchale medal grand final day next year or he floats off into retirement never to be seen at Alberton again
To steal a phrase that I’ve seen in this forum often, it’s the sunk cost fallacy.

The degenerate gambler thinking he’ll cover his losses by chasing that one big final score.

If Ken salutes on the Dias and delivers a drought-breaking flag in Season 13 it won’t be a “I told you so” moment, it’ll be a break-even moment at best.

Him finally providing a tangible return on 13 years of massive investment, but not enough to put him comfortably in the profit zone.

Part of the development of players is that they have the ability to win the key moments, win finals and win the ultimate final, not just be AA or club B&F's smooching all over Ken. After 12 years, Ken has not instilled that resolve in any of them, they have all failed their duties, be it kicking points or miskicking the ball, or deliberate out of bounds, or whatever stuff ups, or not showing up at all. Ken is shit at development, and always will be.
Our players are NOT finals players, thanks mostly to Hinkley's woeful game plan. It works OK against the lesser teams, but when the heat is applied against the big boys, our blokes don't know how to handle it. Hinkley has coached the same way for the last decade, so how can anyone have any faith that 2025 will be any different?

No disrespect but I will never believe anyone again.

Our players are NOT finals players, thanks mostly to Hinkley's woeful game plan. It works OK against the lesser teams, but when the heat is applied against the big boys, our blokes don't know how to handle it. Hinkley has coached the same way for the last decade, so how can anyone have any faith that 2025 will be any different?
It is entirely Hinkley, not mostly. It's why no matter how much the playing group changes or which new assists we try, we still have the same problems.

When you boil it down the club has never had the balls to sack him. They're just going to see out his contract next year and blow smoke up his ass when he leaves.
Thats what good football clubs do according to Koch.
Pre Koch - Port's longest premiership drought was 12 years.

Our current drought is about to extend to 21 years, and Koch & Hinkley are entering their 13th year at Alberton.

So my question is this - what on earth does David Koch know about what constitutes a good football club?

It is interesting to say the least as to how skilled so many of you are at reading comprehension.

I wrote prior to the B&F that my presumptive deadline was false. I said to wait after the trade period. And yet so many of you are cracking up because he's not gone by the B&F.

I also never said anywhere that he was 100% going, or 100% staying. But like that really matters to you all, anyway.

I reiterate the notion that no decision has been made definitively either way. Take it at whatever value you deem it. Heck, print it off and use it to wipe your arse for all I care.

In the meantime I will not be replying to any comments directed at me - positive or negative, and will instead be using the trade period as a time to focus on my health seeing as I am still in hospital and well and truly ready to get out of here.

We’ve truly become a better version of the Saints: just a team who’s in no man’s land, won’t get better, won’t get worse, just happy to be here, and no real change will be made any time soon.

Teams like the Eagles and Tigers are bottom 4 now, but you know they are building properly and actually have a path to success.

12. Richmond (3 GF’s, 3 flags)
13. Brisbane (2 GF’s, 1 flag)
14. Port (—)
15. Western Bulldogs (2 GF’s, 1 flag)
16. Melbourne (1 GF, 1 flag)
17. Gold Coast (—)
18. GWS (1 GF)

It is interesting to say the least as to how skilled so many of you are at reading comprehension.

I wrote prior to the B&F that my presumptive deadline was false. I said to wait after the trade period. And yet so many of you are cracking up because he's not gone by the B&F.

I also never said anywhere that he was 100% going, or 100% staying. But like that really matters to you all, anyway.

I reiterate the notion that no decision has been made definitively either way. Take it at whatever value you deem it. Heck, print it off and use it to wipe your arse for all I care.

In the meantime I will not be replying to any comments directed at me - positive or negative, and will instead be using the trade period as a time to focus on my health seeing as I am still in hospital and well and truly ready to get out of here.
Mate. It's done. He's here next year. Deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see if you posted like that during the year no one would've believed or followed your rubbish.

But you didn't. You wrote to fool people.

Anyway, good luck with your health and here's to a speedy recovery.

Ken Hinkley is the lowest form of life, akin to David Koch. It's no wonder we're in the position we are. The disdain they have for the members and supporters is palpable. I'm going to make it very evident at the AGM the feelings are reciprocated.
Do we know yet when the AGM is? I might join you!!!

The club I once idolised and had so much passion for now makes me sick your a absolute clown Koch you spineless f*#kin prawn 12 years and we're going another year with this fraud for what !! Why !!
the legends that built the foundations for this once ruthless, successful club would be rolling in their graves you can go f*#k a goat Absolute sh*t show

A deadline after the trade period makes zero sense. If someone other than Hinkley is to be coach, it would be before the trade period at the very latest.

Unfortunately the most likely action from our spineless club is inaction.

Last edited:
Best way Koch can go about it now is to just tell Ken that 2025 will be his last year no matter what and that Josh Carr will take over.

And if Ken doesn’t like that then he can leave right now and everybody else wins.

1. Hinkley has a contract for 2025. That’s the default position. This doesn’t require a decision. It is what will be unless a decision is made to change it.
  2. It would be very rare to see a coach who has just got his team to a prelim get sacked with a year to run on his contract, let alone in the time after trade period.
  3. It's clear they have a transition plan for Carr to take the reins and, given his reluctance to leave Adelaide for family reasons, they don’t fear losing him to another afl coaching gig, so there’s no pressure to make a decision to make the change early.
  4. The sources in question are not in the majority otherwise moves would already have been made. Tredrea being absent from last night is not a good sign either.
  5. The majority of the board and leadership of the club are content with the status quo because they can present a healthy balance sheet to the AFL and continue to grow the passive supporter base.
  6. Ken’s defiant attitude reeks of someone who has been given assurances about next year.
  7. Koch’s spin about this season being a success tells you that we’ll be rolling into season 2025 with essentially the same coaching group, minus Luke “who dat?” Kelly.

This is the reality.
This is their plan; stick with the status quo.

Mate - I can kind of understand why Port fans want him gone yesterday: we're all fed up with being in football purgatory. But at the same time, I think some of the comments directed at you have been completely unfair - there's only so much you can post in the public domain.

And I hope your stir craziness is over soon. My son was in hospital for 9 months - visiting him every day was bad enough: never mind what it was like for him!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back