Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

"No decision has been made" but Koch nailed his colours to the mast again last night, lest there was any doubt Hinkley will coach in 2025.

The B&F was either a showing of hubris or (more likely) confirmed that the people in charge of the club are comfortable with the status quo.

It's over, move on.

Is there any update on Ms Soldo?
Or is Eyevarn now solo?
Melted on the way back to her home planet like the Nigel Mansell wax figure in The Grand Tour

A coach isn't getting sacked after the trade period, it's done. Chewy's sources who I'm sure believed they were going to meet to discuss the coaching situation have been hoodwinked into playing the waiting game but the other side of the debate who never intended to even entertain any discussion on the coach.

At best we'd see a succession plan but Ken has made it abundantly clear he won't agree to that, so that's not happening either.

And, if we win a few games in a row, the likes of Cornes and Caro will push for an extension. The only way we fight that is by making games as toxic as.possible. Sack Hinkley banners everywhere.

It is interesting to say the least as to how skilled so many of you are at reading comprehension.

I wrote prior to the B&F that my presumptive deadline was false. I said to wait after the trade period. And yet so many of you are cracking up because he's not gone by the B&F.

I also never said anywhere that he was 100% going, or 100% staying. But like that really matters to you all, anyway.

I reiterate the notion that no decision has been made definitively either way. Take it at whatever value you deem it. Heck, print it off and use it to wipe your arse for all I care.

In the meantime I will not be replying to any comments directed at me - positive or negative, and will instead be using the trade period as a time to focus on my health seeing as I am still in hospital and well and truly ready to get out of here.

Ok bro, like calm the farm, yea. I get that your probably still in pain, but just because there are negative comments on here that go against what your saying, people can have their opinions positively or negatively on the situation, but don’t put us all in the same basket.

We should be fighting as one against the hierarchy, like we have been instead fighting within ourselves in a public forum because ultimately the hierarchy wins in that case. We may have lost the battles along the way, but we can’t lose the war.

I would like to see updates from you about what’s going on at the club. I consider yourself, Chewy316, as one of the most reliable insiders on here.

Get out of hospital, get better, give us all the info that you can, and let’s take on the hierarchy.

Last edited:
I've been here before. Don't stick your neck out with inside info for internet clout because as soon as its bad news its all your fault and they want to cut your balls off.

People want the inside info but as soon as something doesnt go to plan you get hung for it. Fwiw, what Chewy has been saying has been right. Ken staying doesn't change that. Koch is balls deep with Ken as is Davies, as is Bitchardson. Note Ken specifically mentioned them as backing him. He didn't mention anyone on the board. It's not as clear cut at that level and that is where his source(s) are.

I would hazard his sources are one or both of Snowden and Tredrea. These guys are 100% not on board with Ken.

In any case, we didn't get the result we wanted. Yet. Either way, don't shoot the messenger. It's a complex situation that unfortunately looks like it will run its full course before we get a chance for change we so richly need. I felt physically sick after the B&F. Truly. It was the most unprofessional event i'd ever seen from the club. It addressed none of the failures and took no responsibility for our short comings. All a big mass own fart huffing cringe fest.

It might be gut wrenchingly awful now, but trust me when they all get the ass which is inevitable - we can bathe in their blood and their legacy will be nothing but a meme. The wheel turns, but for us it has turned very, very slowly.

I've been here before. Don't stick your neck out with inside info for internet clout because as soon as its bad news its all your fault and they want to cut your balls off.

People want the inside info but as soon as something doesnt go to plan you get hung for it. Fwiw, what Chewy has been saying has been right. Ken staying doesn't change that. Koch is balls deep with Ken as is Davies, as is Bitchardson. Note Ken specifically mentioned them as backing him. He didn't mention anyone on the board. It's not as clear cut at that level and that is where his source(s) are.

I would hazard his sources are one or both of Snowden and Tredrea. These guys are 100% not on board with Ken.

In any case, we didn't get the result we wanted. Yet. Either way, don't shoot the messenger. It's a complex situation that unfortunately looks like it will run its full course before we get a chance for change we so richly need. I felt physically sick after the B&F. Truly. It was the most unprofessional event i'd ever seen from the club. It addressed none of the failures and took no responsibility for our short comings. All a big mass own fart huffing cringe fest.

It might be gut wrenchingly awful now, but trust me when they all get the ass which is inevitable - we can bathe in their blood and their legacy will be nothing but a meme. The wheel turns, but for us it has turned very, very slowly.
Davies staying was a big poo in the kettle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still believe in Chewy316 ...

Its all we have left
I want Chewy316 to continue post updates about him maybe going, even if they don't end up being true. At least it's a bit of positivity in my day as I imagine it

At best we'd see a succession plan but Ken has made it abundantly clear he won't agree to that, so that's not happening either.

Which is exactly why I think the best way for Koch to go about it is to tell Ken that 2025 is his last year no matter what the circumstance, then Josh Carr gets his job.

Hinkley will more than likely spit the dummy and walk out, that way everybody wins.

A coach isn't getting sacked after the trade period, it's done. Chewy's sources who I'm sure believed they were going to meet to discuss the coaching situation have been hoodwinked into playing the waiting game but the other side of the debate who never intended to even entertain any discussion on the coach.

Don't be so sure about that. This is a unique situation in that the future head coach is already at the club. There's no especially good reason why they couldn't make a move on him between now and when pre season training begins.

The nost plausible outcome, as is afl convention, is that in the final year of a contract the moment the wheels fall off, or look like falling off, the coach gets the arse. 6 games down at round 10? Arse. Public pressure helps too. Haven't seen that in the afl for any coach tbh.

To steal a phrase that I’ve seen in this forum often, it’s the sunk cost fallacy.

The degenerate gambler thinking he’ll cover his losses by chasing that one big final score.

If Ken salutes on the Dias and delivers a drought-breaking flag in Season 13 it won’t be a “I told you so” moment, it’ll be a break-even moment at best.

Him finally providing a tangible return on 13 years of massive investment, but not enough to put him comfortably in the profit zone.
One flag in five GFs and Sydney are under the pump…are the players not tough enough, is the highly respected coach good but not good enough, is the culture not capable of winning when the pressure on.

Port - nought from twelve, no GFs, consistently fragile in finals and Koch says “nearly there…”

Don't be so sure about that. This is a unique situation in that the future head coach is already at the club. There's no especially good reason why they couldn't make a move on him between now and when pre season training begins.
And here we go again. Raising hope. With all due respect that sounds ridiculous. Don't you think it would be better to post when it's fact & not speculation given what's gone down in this thread. The last thing we need is to be fighting among ourselves. Or is that part of the plan. As I said the only person I trust is Tredders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back