Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership numbers are all nonsense now. You can buy a membership for a pet.

Also there are lots of people, myself included, desperate for change yet who still sign up because the club is far bigger than the current parasite custodians.
This. I keep my memberships because I dint know how many more years I'll get to go with my Dad and I keep the kids because I want them to be Port people when we remember who the **** we are.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think it's that high. Something could be taken out of that Tredrea v Abernathy vote.

If the incumbent Kathy Nagle had’ve stayed in, Tredrea wins in a landslide.

The whole “only 2023 members are eligible to vote” fiasco cost him a sh¡tload of protest ballots, too.

For our clubs own good for the future we need to have a year like gws did in 2022 a talented list which didn't deliver in the first part of the season pretty much over half way through and moving ken on then.

We're currently 10th in premiership betting for 2025 despite finishing 2nd in the H&A this year and finishing top 4 in 4 of the past 5 seasons. Speaks volumes about what the football world thinks of us - and yet these same people advocate us keeping Hinkley. Time for the club to make a decision on whether it wants to be a proper football club in the premiership business or a franchise existing to make up the numbers and add an extra game to the fixture.
It's almost like the punters realise the importance of being able to win finals if you want to win a flag.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone said earlier in this thread that walking out after our first game against Melbourne at the end of 2011 was the most optimistic they had felt ever since. I think that the work done by the CEO Mark Haysman at the time goes very much underrated. Those in charge at the time deserve the credit for getting us out of the ditch we were in at the time, not Ken, Koch etc.

If the current admin and coach had a skerrick of the courage and determination we had then, to make us a better club, we would be streets ahead of where we are now. I don't know if Haysman had any connection to the club before coming on board, but he worked himself into the ground to get us to Adelaide Oval, and seeing him celebrating in the rooms at the end of that game, despite having already had to step down, was brilliant to see. I remember him also coming to the club on later occasions and mixing with the players and supporters.
Matty Primus may not have been the best coach at the time, but he gave it absolutely everything he had to try to make us better, and was selfless enough to step down when the time came. And I don't believe there was a single supporter who didn't feel for him on the day he walked away. We all knew that whatever he did, it was for the club and not for himself.

Contrast all that with what we have today.

Ive come to realise all this sack hinkley thing, all this hope that things are going to change, is all generated right here on this forum. By a very small minority. Its not happening. I know lots of Port supporters that dont post here, who love Hinkley. thats the majority.

Rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If the incumbent Kathy Nagle had’ve stayed in, Tredrea wins in a landslide.

The whole “only 2023 members are eligible to vote” fiasco cost him a sh¡tload of protest ballots, too.

Leading up to the vote and also since the vote, from interactions with supporters invested in the club that indicated their intentions to vote or stated that they did, obviously not a large random sample, but interesting nonetheless, and basically ranging in age from 35 to 80, there were:
  • the voters in late 60s and over supported Abernathy simply because they affiliated with him as a favoured old time past player, but about three did so because they didn't want Tredrea as in their view will bring trouble (these three also support Koch ... "best thing to have happened to our club"). Strangely I wouldn't call them happy clappers.
  • the rest steadfastly supported Tredrea with their reason being because they want change.

And yeah, I do interact with a cross section of a lot of supporters. I'm attached to Alberton. I'm from the Timmy G era agewise.

Younger supporters had this defeatist attitude of "I might vote but it's not gonna make a difference anyway, it's not what we need, we just need to play better".

At the Giants final fiasco we were surrounded by pro Hinkley player blamers, it was like the bay was exclusively given to those types ... so I emphasise 'surrounded'. My mate put the blame on Hinkley, out of frustration, and suddenly whingers were coming at him from all sides. Interestingly, well actually it's puzzling, a lot of these ruffled feather types were well into their 70s.

I am flabbergasted by the really mature types that defend mediocrity. You'd think that they know better.

I would love to know the actual cross section of those voters. Really would because usually there's only 2000 votes, and that's appalling. I reckon the young generation don't bother, just not that invested or maybe they don't conceptualise that's how change comes about ... well at normal autonomous clubs anyway.

loser 1

Screen Shot 2024-10-06 at 1.44.55 pm.png

loser 2

GZKcmOIWEAA9vFL

Leading up to the vote and also since the vote, from interactions with supporters invested in the club that indicated their intentions to vote or stated that they did, obviously not a large random sample, but interesting nonetheless, and basically ranging in age from 35 to 80, there were:
  • he voters in late 60s and ovetr supported Abernathy simply because they affiliated with him as a favoured old time past player, but about three did so because they didn't want Tredrea as in their view will bring trouble (these three also support Koch ... "best thing to have happened to our club"). Strangely I wouldn't call them happy clappers.
  • the rest steadfastly supported Tredrea with their reason being because they want change.

And yeah, I do interact with a cross section of a lot of supporters. I'm attached to Alberton. I'm from the Timmy G era agewise.

Younger supporters had this defeatist attitude of "I might vote but it's not gonna make a difference anyway, it's not what we need, we just need to play better".

At the Giants final fiasco we were surrounded by pro Hinkley player blamers, it was like the bay was exclusively given to those types ... so I emphasise 'surrounded'. My mate put the blame on Hinkley, out of frustration, and suddenly whingers were coming at him from all sides. Interestingly, well actually it's puzzling, a lot of these ruffled feather types were well into their 70s.

I am flabbergasted by the really mature types that defend mediocrity. You'd think that they know better.

I would love to know the actual cross section of those voters. Really would because usually there's only 2000 votes, and that's appalling. I reckon the young generation don't bother, just not that invested or maybe they don't conceptualise that's how change comes about ... well at normal autonomous clubs anyway.
As I/we slot into this category, our vote was for Tredrea without any hesitation, as did friends/acquaintances. I'm not sure why the senior age group can be classified as happy clappers having watched Port from the 50s/60s.

What Koch and co did to try and thwart Tredrea was absolutely disgraceful but that story was told long ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is interesting to say the least as to how skilled so many of you are at reading comprehension.

I wrote prior to the B&F that my presumptive deadline was false. I said to wait after the trade period. And yet so many of you are cracking up because he's not gone by the B&F.

I also never said anywhere that he was 100% going, or 100% staying. But like that really matters to you all, anyway.

I reiterate the notion that no decision has been made definitively either way. Take it at whatever value you deem it. Heck, print it off and use it to wipe your arse for all I care.

In the meantime I will not be replying to any comments directed at me - positive or negative, and will instead be using the trade period as a time to focus on my health seeing as I am still in hospital and well and truly ready to get out of here.
The Boy who Cried Wolf
Aesop

There’s a bloke you could set your watch to

We're currently 10th in premiership betting for 2025 despite finishing 2nd in the H&A this year and finishing top 4 in 4 of the past 5 seasons.
Tbh, those odds are overs. With Hinkley coaching we should be odds on the make finals but 15-18th in the premiership betting.

We're currently 10th in premiership betting for 2025 despite finishing 2nd in the H&A this year and finishing top 4 in 4 of the past 5 seasons. Speaks volumes about what the football world thinks of us - and yet these same people advocate us keeping Hinkley. Time for the club to make a decision on whether it wants to be a proper football club in the premiership business or a franchise existing to make up the numbers and add an extra game to the fixture.
I think the odds actually play into Ken's hands with the media... they can trot out how we shouldn't be making finals, but time and time again Ken gets us into top 4 with an average list... so why isnt he re-signed already?

I think it's a bit of everything, but predominantly that Hinkley won't work with anyone who might challenge or be a threat. We've lost plenty of rated assistants for the same reason, so now we just have good "clubmen" who won't rock the boat.

Anyone who's worked in a large company would be familiar with this. Get to a level beyond which you are capable, then staff your team with yes people.
Very familiar with it. And it sucks big time in both work & private environments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back