Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Tend to think similar I said 8th to 10th. If we finish that low, with the talent on our list it will be all on Ken and can't see him surviving So we have to go thru pain in 2025 for longer term gain with a new coach for 2026 just frustrating we will be wasting a bloody whole year though. Koch is an idiot

This year was a real pivot point for me, was the perfect point to move on with change.

The board and Koch aren’t up too it.

I have no faith in any change soon.

Can someone (polling group like Morgan's) run a secret members poll to vote do we think Hinkley is the best coach for us and deserves an extension?

And show us the results?
I think even most of those that think he’s OK at the moment feel that it’s all a bit stale by now and would welcome a change, even if it’s just for the sake of change.

I think even most of those that think he’s OK at the moment feel that it’s all a bit stale by now and would welcome a change, even if it’s just for the sake of change.

This is a good call. If we flipped the question and asked "would you be upset if Hinkley was replaced?", I think you'd probably be lucky to find 10% of people who would answer that they'd be upset.

Our record this year was horrible. We won 16 H&A games in 2024 and only 5 were against top 8 teams (including the Hawks & Swans games). We then get to finals and choke.. again.

If we receive a semi hard draw in 2025 we are finished.

I know lots of Port supporters that dont post here, who love Hinkley. thats the majority.

I think the majority doesn’t mind. Just check the number of people who care enough to bother voting.

Thus, there would be two minorities: one, that hates him; another, that loves him. Ultimately, those minorities are the ones who actually determine stuff.

We must outnumber the other minority. We did it when we elected Tredrea. Hence, there are a concrete sign that we are bigger.

However, this in itself isn’t enough. Our constitution is heavily “oligarchic”. There’s a “democratic” element, but it’s too weak. It makes forcing changes harder.

This is great when the leadership is good. However, it’s awful when the leadership is bad. Our leadership is bad, and there lies the issue.

We must both be and look ridiculously bigger than the regime apologists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back