Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as Koch and co are in charge, does anyone truly believe we have a real shot at winning a flag no matter if it’s Carr or whoever as head coach?
If he has a decent game plan and can motivate the players to 'turn up' every game, then yes!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

People wanting to use their brain should be hypothetically asking the question, "why was Ken so headstrong and almost pleading when he asked for 'one last crack at it' on 5AA the day before the B&F?"
Was that a Club endorsed radio spot? or did Ken (and his trusty sidekick Norts) line that one up without anyones prior knowledge?

Was that a Club endorsed radio spot? or did Ken (and his trusty sidekick Norts) line that one up without anyones prior knowledge?

No idea on that one, sorry.

Tredders was probably told clearly that Hinkley is going nowhere mid year.. I'd probably take a caravan to the moon myself.

Noel's Caravans turned Blighty into Alf Stewart

hq720.jpg

🎙️| Ange Postecoglou on if he’s accepted that he can’t succeed at the club, similar to Antonio Conte:

“Mate, if I accepted that what am I doing here? Seriously - if I accept that this is somehow impossible to change I am really stealing a living. Seriously, why am I here?
I don't believe that and I never have. And if I fail to do the failure is on me, it's nothing to do with the club. It's on my because I know that coming into it that the club hasn't won anything for x amount of time.
I know the tag on the club, I know all these things when I accepted the position so it's no good me saying now 'you know what? I can't do this, it's impossible no matter who you have'.
I made the decision to step into it knowing all these things. It's not a secret. It was not like getting in here and going 'Jesus Christ, this club hasn't won anything for 14 years - can you believe it?
I accepted that challenge so I can't sit here complaining that it's harder. It's why I'm here and it's up to me to change that. And if I don't then the failure's on me.
The reason I think the past is irrelevant is because I can't change that. I wasn't here, I wasn't part of it - and maybe it was impossible, I don't know but from where I sit here right now I don't see it as impossible. I think it is achievable and that's why I'm going to do everything in my power to change it.”

🎙️| Ange Postecoglou on if he’s accepted that he can’t succeed at the club, similar to Antonio Conte:

“Mate, if I accepted that what am I doing here? Seriously - if I accept that this is somehow impossible to change I am really stealing a living. Seriously, why am I here?
I don't believe that and I never have. And if I fail to do the failure is on me, it's nothing to do with the club. It's on my because I know that coming into it that the club hasn't won anything for x amount of time.
I know the tag on the club, I know all these things when I accepted the position so it's no good me saying now 'you know what? I can't do this, it's impossible no matter who you have'.
I made the decision to step into it knowing all these things. It's not a secret. It was not like getting in here and going 'Jesus Christ, this club hasn't won anything for 14 years - can you believe it?
I accepted that challenge so I can't sit here complaining that it's harder. It's why I'm here and it's up to me to change that. And if I don't then the failure's on me.
The reason I think the past is irrelevant is because I can't change that. I wasn't here, I wasn't part of it - and maybe it was impossible, I don't know but from where I sit here right now I don't see it as impossible. I think it is achievable and that's why I'm going to do everything in my power to change it.”

Great contrast to Hinkley and co.

Best part is that Port had actually been successful only 8 years prior to their arrival. The little battler club that could never hope to win narrative is entirely of their own creation.

Well I suppose we can keep blaming Hinkley all we want but here we are again after another disasterous final series and they say it's a pass mark.

All we want is a change of coach after 12 years of the same old, why is that too much to ask.

It's obvious our problems start with our Chairman, CEO and the board. To put it quite simply, they are comfortable, egotistical people that have no idea about football, yes if we were measuring success on financial results we are doing well but this is supposed to be a football club.

If we were any other business in any other industry Ken would be looked as a failure, a man that has failed to deliver whatever the targets required are, unless that business wants to become a bottom feeder and get eaten by the bigger fish.

I'm just so confused as to why a simple decision cannot be made, these decisions are made every day in all industries.

I'm sure our sponsors would want to be associated with winners, not a team that collapses under the slightest bit of pressure in finals.

What am I missing here, the supporter base is divided, the board seems to be divided, I just don't understand why the club would want to bite the hand that feeds them, supporters and sponsors are surely losing patience, along with the unannounced supposed coach in waiting.
One warning for the club, you play with fire you will get burnt.

We will survive as a business but flounder as a football club.

Sack Hinkley.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna become Rory the rat and Kenny #1 fan. This club isn't worth anything except laughing at so why not lean into it. I hope next year brings us a few Kenny jigs after narrowly beating a middling team, and go with a triple threat forward line of McEntee, Evans, and ratkins, with the super sub narkle to add some sparkle

Then we make the 8 and kerny gets another two years 😍🤞🏼🤞🏼

That's still punching above our weight for a little battler club! Plus we can finish above the crows! Go the power!!! 💪🏼

It's obvious our problems start with our Chairman, CEO and the board. To put it quite simply, they are comfortable, egotistical people that have no idea about football, yes if we were measuring success on financial results we are doing well but this is supposed to be a football club.

That, and the belief a truly poor year (say, 6-17 or worse) would see crowds plummet, every player not born on the LeFevre Peninsula go AWOL, and all new works at Alberton Oval collapse in on themselves.

So we grin and bear getting routinely schooled by the worst Crows squad in history.

We grin and bear getting humiliated in finals — home or away — every year.

We sacrifice draft picks, trade capital, and salary cap on largely B-tier recruits to keep treading water in purified mediocrity for as long as possible.

And claim all of it is “exceeding expectations” while boasting that “nobody expected us to make top-2/top-4/top-8 at the start of the year [gee, wonder why?]” in the first place.

And following this trade period, the table is set again.

• “Port won’t make the eight”
• “I rank their list about 10th”
• “Hinkley’s up against it”

Off the back of the best midfield in the comp, Port will probably finish 4th-8th in 2025, and all the usual “Hinkley = miracle worker”, “where are the Hinkley Haters?!”, “why would you even think about replacing him with someone who is untried?” narratives will be on blast throughout, in pursuit of another extension that he’ll probably get under the circumstances.

And we’ll lose by 10 goals to Carlton in week 1 of finals before the ink is dry.

That, and the belief a truly poor year (say, 6-17 or worse) would see crowds plummet, every player not born on the LeFevre Peninsula go AWOL, and all new works at Alberton Oval collapse in on themselves.

So we grin and bear getting routinely schooled by the worst Crows squad in history.

We sacrifice draft picks, trade capital, and salary cap on largely B-tier recruits to keep treading water in purified mediocrity for as long as possible.

And claim all of it is “exceeding expectations” while boasting that “nobody expected us to make top-2/top-4/top-8 at the start of the year [gee, wonder why?]” in the first place.

Off the back of the best midfield in the comp, Port will probably finish 4th-8th in 2025, and all the usual “Hinkley = miracle worker”, “where are the Hinkley Haters?!”, “why would you even think about replacing him with someone who is untried?” narratives will be on blast throughout, in pursuit of another extension that he’ll probably get under the circumstances.

And we’ll lose by 10 goals to Carlton in week 1 of finals before the ink is dry.
This post sums it all up in a nut shell perfectly.

This is something that the board need to read.

Hinkley: We've got a long way to be like the Richmond footy club.

RFC: finished spooners and holding one of the best draft hands in modern history.

It's all so disingenuous. Our lowest crowd average was barely under 20k while at the peaks of a rebuild and in a forced tenancy at a stadium in the middle of nowhere that sported the branding of our largest rival.

I reckon the Crows might be on the up next year.

The first Showdown loss will bring the heat for Hinkley.
The Crows imo will pass us next year because when they have issues they address them to become better, at Port we just keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result.

Really though it has gotten to a point where it's bizarre, this situation has become unbelievable, we made finals and that is our pass mark, are they on the same planet, or are we Koch's little business experiment.

It's at the point of being amusing, we wait for the next strange thing they do, I can only laugh now, I've been waiting for the obvious decision to be made since 2017, I'm now emotionally & financially detached and used to the comedy of the new PAFC.

Watching the good clubs go about it and then the way Port go about is depressing.

Last edited:
The Crows imo will pass us next year because when they have issues they address them to become better, at Port we just keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result.

Really though it has gotten to a point where it's bizarre, this situation has become unbelievable, we made finals and that is our pass mark, are they on the same planet, or are we Koch's little business experiment.

It's at the point of being amusing, we wait for the next strange thing they do, I can only laugh now, I've been waiting for the obvious decision to be made since 2017, I'm now emotionally & financially detached and used to the comedy of the new PAFC.

Watching the the the good clubs go about it and then the way Port go about is depressing.
1 of 2 things will happen.

1. Crows will go past us.
Or
2. Nick's will get sacked. (Then they will go past us)

In the mean time 🤪 how's the stability.

Hinkley: We've got a long way to be like the Richmond footy club.

RFC: finished spooners and holding one of the best draft hands in modern history.

It's all so disingenuous. Our lowest crowd average was barely under 20k while at the peaks of a rebuild and in a forced tenancy at a stadium in the middle of nowhere that sported the branding of our largest rival.

And it’s not like they didn’t broadcast these beliefs, either.

Koch: “little club from Alberton, we’re not BHP”

KT: “enormous clubs that we compete against… Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, West Coast, Essendon. all of them significantly bigger than us”

It’s led to a culture of being deathly afraid of losing the logical gains made since the nadir of the Football Park era, rather than properly capitalising upon them with the onfield success that should’ve followed.

1 of 2 things will happen.

1. Crows will go past us.
Or
2. Nick's will get sacked. (Then they will go past us)

In the mean time 🤪 how's the stability.

If Aussie Rules Footy is still a thing in 50 years, and hasn’t gone the way of the typewriter due to TikTok Dancing Champions League, the 2013-202* era will be seen as the greatest wasted strategic opportunity in Port’s entire history.

The Crows have essentially tapped out as a serious entity, especially since the 2017 Grand Final.

Their drafting has been diabolically poor for the better part of 15 years.

They still haven’t been able to recruit anybody of note who isn’t South Australian or has South Australian ties (although maybe James Peatling joins Tom Lynch in the ‘relative nobody craving an opportunity who becomes a super player’ stakes), hell, even then they famously paid through the neck for the astronomical bust that was the destiny capture of prodigal son, Bryce Gibbs.

They still don’t have a proper homebase, and have spent the past umpteen years training in a demolition site.

They also managed to do three things I never dreamed was possible:

• won a wooden spoon in an 18-team competition (2020);

• they finished a season with fewer AFL-audited members than Port Adelaide, even despite the bizarre 70/30 AO Members split (2015);

• they finished a season with lower average home crowds than Port Adelaide (2021);

And yet here we are, splitting the Showdown ledger at 50/50 since Koch & Hinkley took the reins — despite finishing above them 10 seasons out of 13 — and generally rowing about with one oar in a river of self-congratulation for a series of impressive minor round finishes despite the monotonous September disasters that inevitably follow.

With the talent and golden opportunities it has accrued during this period, Port should’ve unequivocally gone past the Crows across all fronts and finally retaken its place as undisputed hegemon in this state for the first time since 1990 — more (AFL) flags, more members, and higher crowds than anyone else.

With all the sustainable knock-on effects of capturing hearts and minds of younger generations well into the future, while rinsing tragics like us of infinite cash in the form of maximum monetary engagement — memberships, attendance, clearing racks at the club store, drinking ‘The Precinct’ dry, and beyond.

But instead we’re more than content with the current holding pattern, marking time until David Koch and the great Ken Hinkley decide to leave of their own accord, and the Crows inevitably get back on their feet and contend again in front of capacity crowds, which will no doubt happen sooner than most, including myself, think.

Urgh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back