Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched an interview today of a guy that has won gold medals in rowing at three consecutive Olympic Games and is currently competing at the pinnacle of an unrelated sport. He was headhuntered for that sport because he is a winner. He made the comment that success isn't a surprise and went on to explain that each of his gold medals was the culmination of four years of planning, execution and hard work.

Meanwhile Daddy Donuts says we just need a bit of luck and would be totally surprised by any success.
You are spot on with this example. Its one of the key reasons why he is so unsuited to the role and the reason he has always failed.

Kane Cornes says that Ken Hinkley will need a Grand Final to get a contract extension (He will immediately abandon this when it becomes clear we won't be doing that, and blame the list)

Gerard Whately says that Port are in a mini rebuild with no expectation of performance and talks about how Ken Hinkley is the perfect man for the job, even discussing a contract extension so he can see through the rebuild.

Dom Cassisi is elected to the board at the AGM.

The membership department issue everyone who has ever held a Port membership before a free membership, this includes pets and the dead. We break our membership record. Koch claims victory.

We take a reach with pick 13 and a flanker with pick 29.

Ken Hinkley finally raises the roller shutters again 4 days prior to Round 1 and says that we've addressed last year's issues and we're ready to compete this year. Note that he doesn't specifically say we're ready to win the flag. He also says that he's been in footy a long time.
Triggering

They are going past us next year regardless of their free agents.

No they aren't, their list sucks. It sucks so bad.

We have a massively inflated opinion of the Crows because we shit the bed against them 3/4 of the time. They finished 15th for a reason, and their midfield and backlines are workmanlike at best.

Don't get me wrong, they'd all have to get ebola for us to avoid dropping a showdown to them, but that's absolutely not a reflection of the relative talent on the lists.

All of our prime movers aside from Aliir are young and will get better.

🎙️| Ange Postecoglou on if he’s accepted that he can’t succeed at the club, similar to Antonio Conte:

“Mate, if I accepted that what am I doing here? Seriously - if I accept that this is somehow impossible to change I am really stealing a living. Seriously, why am I here?
I don't believe that and I never have. And if I fail to do the failure is on me, it's nothing to do with the club. It's on my because I know that coming into it that the club hasn't won anything for x amount of time.
I know the tag on the club, I know all these things when I accepted the position so it's no good me saying now 'you know what? I can't do this, it's impossible no matter who you have'.
I made the decision to step into it knowing all these things. It's not a secret. It was not like getting in here and going 'Jesus Christ, this club hasn't won anything for 14 years - can you believe it?
I accepted that challenge so I can't sit here complaining that it's harder. It's why I'm here and it's up to me to change that. And if I don't then the failure's on me.
The reason I think the past is irrelevant is because I can't change that. I wasn't here, I wasn't part of it - and maybe it was impossible, I don't know but from where I sit here right now I don't see it as impossible. I think it is achievable and that's why I'm going to do everything in my power to change it.”

Accountability

Clinging onto hope tommorow there will be breaking news coming out of port. But in reality more chance of me winning powerball.
Does anyone know if we are at least bringing in a new assistant to replace the kelly guy or are we watching the budget again?

Clinging onto hope tommorow there will be breaking news coming out of port. But in reality more chance of me winning powerball.
Does anyone know if we are at least bringing in a new assistant to replace the kelly guy or are we watching the budget again?

No announcement they've quietly already got the replacement, promoting Sutcliffe.

No they aren't, their list sucks. It sucks so bad.

We have a massively inflated opinion of the Crows because we shit the bed against them 3/4 of the time. They finished 15th for a reason, and their midfield and backlines are workmanlike at best.
If they do go past us it won't be because they go up the table into the finals, even though their list next year will be stronger than this year. It will be because we drop like a lead balloon because of injuries to key players or the rotting carcass of Hinkley is too much for anyone to bare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this info or just a guess? tells me they are lazy and watching budget again, mind you it would be an upgrade on kelly and better than promoting Hartlett which i was scared they were going to do
To be fair Hartlett in that role where Hinkley would just ignore everything he says would do less damage than being SANFL coach.

Maybe he'll be better with better players but to come in first year and take us to the first spoon in 100 years is not a great start.

Last edited:
This just reminded me about how Cornes tried to say that it might have been mistaken identity and that it was actually Paul Rizonico who did the taunting. Someone who the club doesn’t publicly list as a staff member and who I’ve never heard of (yes I know he played for Port but well before my time and I didn’t know he even worked for the club).

There’s footage, literally ****ing 4K footage, of Ken Hinkley doing the aeroplane gesture and mouthing off to someone who would’ve been devastated in that moment, and who is likely the reason Ken hasn’t lost his job. But nah, chief mouthpiece of the protection racket has to pull out an utter crackpot theory for literally no reason at all.
View attachment 2147739

What are you on about mate? That comment from Cornes was about an incident in a previous game, where Ken and Rizonico made gestures in the direction of the Hawks bench after the siren (both seemingly innocuous). They showed the footage. The context was that Hawthorn felt Ken has had a crack at them over multiple games.

What are you on about mate? That comment from Cornes was about an incident in a previous game, where Ken and Rizonico made gestures in the direction of the Hawks bench after the siren (both seemingly innocuous). They showed the footage. The context was that Hawthorn felt Ken has had a crack at them over multiple games.
Blame the Tiser for having a paywall I suppose, cause there’s no other way to see the video. All the more reason for me to continue spitting on their HQ whenever I visit Adelaide

Blame the Tiser for having a paywall I suppose, cause there’s no other way to see the video. All the more reason for me to continue spitting on their HQ whenever I visit Adelaide

It was freely available on Twitter. Fair enough if it didn’t make your feed. In any event, they were simply aggregating his comments made on Footy Classified, an entirely different media property

Last edited:
I thought I'd drop a few blokes talking about winning like before Koch and Hinkley.

This reminds me of the Tredrea “he’s too serious, he’s too intense, he doesn’t have any fun” grizzling from certain players when the big man was in his pomp.

Don’t like it, p¡ss off to St Kilda or Carlton.

Oh wait…

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back