Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is because of our record of finishing top 4 in the minor round the past five years, people have short memories and think why would you sack a coach who always gets you around the mark to challenge.
Plus Koch has, verbally, set the pass mark as making the 8 so the only way out next year is we either not make the eight, Hinkley retires, Koch is deposed, crowds diminish or some sustained booing every match.
Probably none of those things will happen so I’m relying on the recent information provided that there’s stuff happening behind the scenes as we speak…
We can only hope, of course.

That's if we have any hope left - after being dragged through the mincer so many times 🥺

i think for the long term benefit of the club although it will hurt we need to lose early games have an embarrising loss or 2 then maybe after about 7 or 8 rounds koch, the board and ken will see it themselves that there is no grand final again and ken parts ways with the club. if we are thereabouts and enter finals that will be a bad result we will only be wasting time.
Hope we get a tough draw,

They will let him see the year out as a mark of respect.

They aren't firing Ken half way through, no way known.

He won't walk either, resign yourself to the fact of that, I have. The place is a shadow of the club and brand I bought into. It's ****ing Aldi now.

He won't walk either, resign yourself to the fact of that, I have. The place is a shadow of the club and brand I bought into. It's ****ing Aldi now.
What if he wins a prelim and gets smashed in the Granny, they will compare it to 2007 and the Swans 2024 and extend him for a further 2 years.

Don't laugh, this is a possibility we may have to face but history tells me he can't get past a prelim.

The way things have gone so quiet concerning Hinkley, I have given up hope that he leaves.

The last time I heard from Tredrea on 5aa whilst he was camping, I didn't like what I was hearing, very positive in our season and where we finished, so I expect he will just blend in with the rest of the board members now.

The problem is because of our record of finishing top 4 in the minor round the past five years, people have short memories and think why would you sack a coach who always gets you around the mark to challenge.
Plus Koch has, verbally, set the pass mark as making the 8 so the only way out next year is we either not make the eight, Hinkley retires, Koch is deposed, crowds diminish or some sustained booing every match.
Probably none of those things will happen so I’m relying on the recent information provided that there’s stuff happening behind the scenes as we speak…
Yeah but the entire point is that we don't challenge, we don't even go close to challenging. If we haven't used up all the fuel tickets and more just getting there, the wizardry of Stinkers coaching and strategy will get us the L every time.

What if he wins a prelim and gets smashed in the Granny, they will compare it to 2007 and the Swans 2024 and extend him for a further 2 years.

Don't laugh, this is a possibility we may have to face but history tells me he can't get past a prelim.

He isn’t getting us to a GF.

There are people in Australia who've been sentenced to long term prison sentences for violent crimes and released on parole during the time Ken Hinkley has been coaching at Port Adelaide.

I took a week of long service leave last month. When we hired Hinkley I worked in another industry.

Agree, things would have to be insanely dire for us to sack him early. Maybe if we mathematically can't make the 8 with several weeks to go.

It isn't happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, things would have to be insanely dire for us to sack him early. Maybe if we mathematically can't make the 8 with several weeks to go.

It isn't happening.

If history has taught us anything with Koch Portz, Ken not making a GF and Ken not getting sacked is a given.

I have an uncomfortable feeling that Collingwood and that sneaky oily campaigner Paul Connors took advantage of the weakness of your board for not having the cojones to sack Kern and knowing your club wouldn't hold Dan Houston's public word (aka bullshit, he was lying though his teeth) that he would stay if no appropriate trade could be accommodated in his wish to return to Vic.

This is where now retaining Hinkley is actively damaging your club more than many outsiders/neutrals and Ken Rimmers like Gerard Whatley think.

Other clubs and player managers now know that Port Adelaide are now cheese eating surrender monkeys now at the trade table.

Koch and his entire faceless board of shills and yes men have never been held accountable.

Is your next AGM an open forum for club members to be allowed to have their say (even if non-voting or constitutional rights) ?

A mass tirade against Koch and Ken and the board from several disgruntled members at your AGM couldn't hurt surely ?

What's Peter Hore up to these days ? I would pay good money to see him throw Eggs at Kochie and other Port board shills at your AGM

If that doesn't work, might be time to consider fan staged protests and boycotts outside Adelaide Oval after ever Port game and possible training sessions at Alberton (like the Glazer Out movement with Manchester United fans several years ago)

I realize many of you disenfranchised Port supporters feel 'powerless' to have any impact, but if you gather enough of your Klan who have had enough.

Esp if your dickhead board gives Kern an extension before next season is over, that's the type of action I would instigate if I was a PAFC fan/member.

Having said that I am a bit inebriated right now and fired up watching a Charles Bronson classic right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back