Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Carr should have gone West.
He had a chance to coach Richmond year before as well I know they are rebuilding but how often does an opportunity come to coach 1 of the big 4 melb. Clubs.
he has definately been promised the port job as I see it which is why I'm convinced 2025 will be kens last year regardless of results.

The problem is because of our record of finishing top 4 in the minor round the past five years, people have short memories and think why would you sack a coach who always gets you around the mark to challenge.
Plus Koch has, verbally, set the pass mark as making the 8 so the only way out next year is we either not make the eight, Hinkley retires, Koch is deposed, crowds diminish or some sustained booing every match.
Probably none of those things will happen so I’m relying on the recent information provided that there’s stuff happening behind the scenes as we speak…

I guess it depends as David Koch says "how you look at the data" On face value they see a Prelim as one win away from making a GF. While technically true I think there is a bit more to it and others have gone into great detail over the Hinkley era on our overall record against the good teams.

I look at the reality that you have to win a minimum of three finals in a season to win a Premiership. By this measure are we truly around the mark? We have a total of three final wins in a decade and lost five of our last six finals by an average of nine goals.

How smoked is this club? honestly

I can't think of a more stale presence in Australian sport.
Its just covered in a thick soupy fog of piss vapor. I can't even recognise it. It's an embarassing insular westboro cult.

Last edited:
Remember seeing a comment the other week on another clubs board

Pretty much saying, Port fans over there are stuck, never able to leave the bile of a game day thread, and it's spread out over the span of every day for 10 years.

He had a chance to coach Richmond year before as well I know they are rebuilding but how often does an opportunity come to coach 1 of the big 4 melb. Clubs.
he has definately been promised the port job as I see it which is why I'm convinced 2025 will be kens last year regardless of results.
He wanted to be in SA for personal reasons, so I understand him staying but in saying that, it doesn't mean he's the best candidate for head coach of Port Adelaide.

He's definitely going to have his work cut out for him as long as the people around him are the same dip ships we have now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back