Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Your beef is getting old.
Your gullability is getting old.

I don't like lying and I don't like BS and he's full of it.

The only beef I have is this imbecile guiding gullible people to think that if Sicily kicked that goal that Hinkley would be gone.

There has been millions of opportunities to get rid of Hinkley at any time and at the leisure of the board but he's stayed having done nothing of note.

What people aren't understanding is that they will do whatever they heck they want and its all going to go badly and they need an excuse factory and a false hope factory and Chewy is doing well with both of them.

Last edited:

This is horseshit i'm sorry. This is a lie being fed to your sources to justify inaction. I could accept it in 2017, but in 2022? No way is that legit.

Destitute North and St Kilda have sacked coaches recently. Gold Coast sacked a coach with 18 months left on his contract.

A good club would have just done it and dealt with the financial fallout. Hell, plenty of bad clubs have done. The idea that financial middle of the road club Port Adelaide is uniquely unable to sack coaches is complete bullshit.

I can't speak to St Kilda's financial position but North's is healthy. St. Kilda also had a 6 month payout clause on Ratten I'm pretty sure. Port fücked up big time not having that on Ken's contract. But the debt levels (in particular I believe debt with the AFL) in combination with the remaining year on his contract made it a non-starter.

I personally think if they really wanted to do it, they would have found a way, but at the time it wouldn't have been an easy process.

If they got Clarkson they would have sacked Ken because it was going to be financed by a few big benefactors of the Club. And they made a big play for Clarkson but one of Clarkson's demands for getting the job was so outrageous that no reasonable Board would have accepted it.

Given what happened with Clarkson and the racism media story, had Clarkson been at Port at the time there's no chance JHF would be at Port.

Last edited:
I can't speak to St Kilda's financial position but North's is healthy. St. Kilda also had a 6 month payout clause on Richardson. Port fücked up big time not having that on Ken's contract. But the debt levels (in particular I believe debt with the AFL) in combination with the remaining year on his contract made it a non-starter.

I personally think if they really wanted to do it, they would have found a way, but at the time it wouldn't have been an easy process.

If they got Clarkson they would have sacked Ken because it was going to be financed by a few big benefactors of the Club. And they made a big play for Clarkson but one of Clarkson's demands for getting the job was so outrageous that no reasonable Board would have accepted it.

Given what happened with Clarkson and the racism media story, had Clarkson been at Port at the time there's no chance JHF would be at Port.

St Kilda sacked Ratten in 2022 after he'd just signed a 2 year contract extension. He had 2 years on his deal.

Gold Coast, who are even more beholden to the AFL than we are, sacked Dew with 18 months left on his contract.

I just don't and will never accept the financial excuse at the end of 2022. It can't possibly be true unless we're actually managing our finances very poorly and we're on the bones of our arse despite trumpeting membership records every year.

I can't speak to St Kilda's financial position but North's is healthy. St. Kilda also had a 6 month payout clause on Richardson. Port fücked up big time not having that on Ken's contract. But the debt levels (in particular I believe debt with the AFL) in combination with the remaining year on his contract made it a non-starter.

St Kilda 2-yr extended and sacked Ratten inside 100 days. It can be done if the will is there.

Respectfully, the Club couldn't give two shits if yourself or anyone else for that matter threw in their memberships. The Club in terms of revenue is significantly up compared to this time last year (well over 1M).
We know they are comfortable with the status quo, but are there any there who realise that ditching Hinkley would allow them to have the current happy clappers AND get most of the disaffected back and be even further up, even with the cost of paying him out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda sacked Ratten in 2022 after he'd just signed a 2 year contract extension. He had 2 years on his deal.

Gold Coast, who are even more beholden to the AFL than we are, sacked Dew with 18 months left on his contract.

I just don't and will never accept the financial excuse at the end of 2022. It can't possibly be true unless we're actually managing our finances very poorly and we're on the bones of our arse despite trumpeting membership records every year.

I got the Rs mixed up.

Pretty certain that Ratten had a 6 month payout on his deal.

Gold Coast can do whatever they like because they are essentially run by the AFL, and the AFL wanted Hardwick as their coach.

What I don't buy is anyone suggesting that financially they couldn't do it this year.

Let's say Hinkley is on 900k. They'd have to pay that irrespective of whether or not he's coaching in 2025. Luke Kelly was on roughly 100k and they haven't replaced him. If you sacked Hinkley and made Carr senior coach, he's probably getting a 300kish upgrade on salary, and then if they brought in a senior assistant to replace Carr there's another 300ish. So the net increase on next year's spending would be 500k.

I don't believe for a second given the Club's current debt levels and revenue they've generated, that an extra 500k in footy expenditure would blow out the budget, the soft cap etc. And if they were smart about it they'd pay Ken out over 13 months to spread the payment to two seasons which lowers the expenditure in the immediate even more.

I got the Rs mixed up.

Pretty certain that Ratten had a 6 month payout on his deal.

Gold Coast can do whatever they like because they are essentially run by the AFL, and the AFL wanted Hardwick as their coach.

What I don't buy is anyone suggesting that financially they couldn't do it this year.

Let's say Hinkley is on 900k. They'd have to pay that irrespective of whether or not he's coaching in 2025. Luke Kelly was on roughly 100k and they haven't replaced him. If you sacked Hinkley and made Carr senior coach, he's probably getting a 300kish upgrade on salary, and then if they brought in a senior assistant to replace Carr there's another 300ish. So the net increase on next year's spending would be 500k.

I don't believe for a second given the Club's current debt levels and revenue they've generated, that an extra 500k in footy expenditure would blow out the budget, the soft cap etc. And if they were smart about it they'd pay Ken out over 13 months to spread the payment to two seasons which lowers the expenditure in the immediate even more.
They would also get an uplift in members if Hinkley was sacked.
They would well and truly be ahead..

Imagine losing 5 of your last 6 finals by an average of 9 goals but Hinkley is safe because we managed a solitary finals win in there by 3 points at home against a lower ranked side that hit the post with a set shot in the dying moments of the game. If you don't laugh you will cry at the absurdity of it all.

Sutcliffe will be the difference.

Get ready 4 SUTCLIFFE MAGIC
Magic Fingers Family GIF

This is what would be expected from "Sutcliffe's" magic.

I reckon in Ken’s mind he wants to see through to the point where Butters, Rozee, JHF, Bergman, Luko, Georgiades and co collectively reach their peak years (25-28) which he thinks will give him a best chance to win one. No way is he voluntarily stepping down or agreeing to a succession plan. So by Koch’s definition of making the 8 being a pass mark and with our level of talent it’s a reasonable bet Ken’s here for a few more years. Koch is waiting for the easiest possible sacking to eventuate (us finishing low on the table) or we’re continuing with this current setup for the foreseeable future. The board is absolutely stacked, the football department remains the same, no one is changing anything. If Tredders did have a plan to gain enough numbers to remove the coach, I think it’s obvious that whatever work he’s put in isn’t enough.
He’s probably gone on the road to mentally recalibrate and get as far away from a hugely challenging, mentally exhausting process that failed to achieve what he was after.
Having spent two hours Wednesday night arguing with my Ken loving brother about all of his failings - and getting nothing back except "If every club in the league was coached by one person someone would win a flag and someone will finish 18th" and his fears that if that leech is removed we might end up like North Melbourne after sacking Scott - I realise that most Port supporters - including him - don't actually care about winning a flag. Not remotely - As soon as I bring up his awful finals record he just says "Maybe they are better clubs than us" = He has not the slightest hurt that we are uncompetitive in finals - he just doesn't care. he would rather we get destroyed and be completely uncompetitive in Prelims than make a Grand Final and possibly lose that. There is no hunger - making finals satisfies them. I am seriously done with the complete lack of hunger, desire, self-awareness or accountability for god-awful performances from the club to the board to the supporter group - Just make this stinking fraud coach eternal and leave them to it! It's just not worth getting upset any more because the club doesn't give a stuff what I think.

Are you confident he is gone for 2026? im told Carr will definately be next coach but like everyone else on here i would like a timeline.

They have too much respect for Kenny - they won't announce shit until they 'really' have to.

Ken and his manager after a few wins will have Caro and Kane through the media pumping it all up for a 2 year deal, bookmark it.

Then our stupid Chairman will open his trap and say 'August'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back