Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkley is "good" at making us a solid regular season side. That's what Koch wants from him, that's what he delivers.

But a coach worth talking about competes for and wins flags.

History will forget him.
Port fans certainly won't - the Hinkley era will be remembered as the darkest period in our history. At least when we lost to Hawthorn by 165 points in 2011, I was genuinely devastated about it: if it were to happen under the current coach, my thoughts would be, "That's disappointing, but at least it might hasten change."

The propensity of this club to stand still is staggering, you should always be looking at bringing in new people & ideas regardless of where you are positioned or in our case the delusional idea of it.

Standing still is death in professional sport. An entire football heartland all around you just lol.
Oh but the only team that's won more games than us is Brisbane, and look what they just did. Surely with an ounce more luck next year, our fortunes will improve 🥴.

Havent been on here much lately but Sutcliffe promotion WTF is this a f*#kin joke 😳 ??
thanks Koch for ruining this club I'm speechless this club is a shell of its former self absolutely makes me sick how can you promote him seriously he's a dud bring in someone from outside with a bit of knowledge but nah promote a happy clapper from within to save a few bucks that doesn't have a ounce of mungrel in him f*#k me what a circus

Having spent two hours Wednesday night arguing with my Ken loving brother about all of his failings - and getting nothing back except "If every club in the league was coached by one person someone would win a flag and someone will finish 18th" and his fears that if that leech is removed we might end up like North Melbourne after sacking Scott - I realise that most Port supporters - including him - don't actually care about winning a flag. Not remotely - As soon as I bring up his awful finals record he just says "Maybe they are better clubs than us" = He has not the slightest hurt that we are uncompetitive in finals - he just doesn't care. he would rather we get destroyed and be completely uncompetitive in Prelims than make a Grand Final and possibly lose that. There is no hunger - making finals satisfies them. I am seriously done with the complete lack of hunger, desire, self-awareness or accountability for god-awful performances from the club to the board to the supporter group - Just make this stinking fraud coach eternal and leave them to it! It's just not worth getting upset any more because the club doesn't give a stuff what I think.
This is the same mentality that the idiots running our club have, it's called fear to make change, don't rock the boat, metathesiophobia, trepidation.

We have no hope while these type of supporters are condoning this garbage.

Looks to me that Carr is just happy to have a job in SA, he shows no drive to want want the top job.

He's off my list, nothing will change as long as all the other pieces of shit are still there.

In hindsight, if Sicily makes that set shot, he's gone.

Spoke to someone who i trust more than my usual informant last night as i wanted to do some digging to see whats happening at this stupid club, he was suprised i rang him but he was good enough to tell me Josh has definately been promised the job but thats all he would say, now it must be either for 2026 or if there is no timeline he is a really paitent guy and is willing to wait for Ken to decide when he has had enough, therefore im not sure if Josh is the right guy if thats the case. I suspect its 2026 regardless what happens next year but i think we still need to hope we have a poor season to make sure of this, like i said in a previous post they all need to go koch, richo and davies and start fresh with some footy people. Ridiculous situation.

I do not believe at all that Hinkley's position was saved by Sicily's missed kick, or any 'skin of the teeth' event. I believe that this club believes that it is only a matter of time before Hinkley takes us to the premiership, and that the club will continue to reappoint him until it happens, because they expect it to happen. So, I expect that the only way Hinkley is not coach of Port in some future time is when the bottom falls out in a big way and the list contains next to zero talent, or an event causes him to physically be unable to be a coach.

I take Koch's dumb claim of making Hinkley a 20 year Port coach very seriously, and that means Koch plans to be the chairman for 20+ years, or however long it takes for him to gloat about being a chairman of a premiership club, or until he realises that the window of success is long gone and he skedaddles.

It kind of looks like Carr is not desperate enough to be Port's coach asap and get his hands on that talent we have ... OR perhaps it is because he knows that he does not have enough board support behind him. If he was to indicate an ultimatum that he cannot wait longer and that he's willing to get a senior gig elsewhere, I reckon the current boys club would turf him out anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="Us against the rest" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Not sure if this is any help. I take no responsibility.

That’s getting rid of emojis all together, including txt messages. I’d rather not do that . I thought there was a setting on BF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The problem is Koch, a ken sacking will translate as a koch failure. His ego is too big for that he doesn't want his legacy at Port to be seen as not achieving the ultimate prize and being a loser. He wants to be remembered as a hero chairman in decades to come.
He is clinging to hope ken can ultimately deliver but he has backed the wrong horse.
He and ken are born losers. Time is running out for him and ken .
When that day does come hopefully next year he will have no choice but to fall on his sword and be forced to leave along with ken and be remembered as failures
The day they both leave in disgrace will be sweet, yes very overdue but very sweet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back