Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it does. You got these new recruits at talking footy saying that they "didn't know anything about the club" and "they can't wait to play in the prison bars" all in the one interview. It's Norton's legacy.
There was a question asked to Jack Lukosuis about how good the facilities were and Jack just said all you really need is a weights room, a pool and a couple of showers and it was at the time that he hadn't been told to talk up the Performance Centre or whatever it is called but I like that he saw it simply and answered that way.

Genuine question: what is the point of this (marginal) financial gain if it is not being used to properly fund the football department?

At the moment, we are a social club with a couple of football teams tacked on. You get the impression this board would get rid of them too if they could get away with it.
I worked for a number of companies over a number of industries during my working life and they all had a number of people on their boards that had good knowledge and understanding of the core business. We don't seem to have that at Port. The AFL appointed board members are accountants, financial people and a distruptor. The only professional sporting knowledge on the board comes from the two member elected board members and that experience has doubled since Tredrea was elected, despite Koch's opposition, in February.

It's no wonder that we have become a social club and an entertainment business were winning in a professional sporting competition rates well down on the board's priorities.

The most annoying thing about this whole era is Ken would've been fine as a right the ship guy until the stage was set for a real coach to take it to the mountain top, obviously we've gone past that mark and beyond to an excruciating amount of time.

You never get that time back man it's probably cost two genuine flag tilts maybe more.

The most annoying thing about this whole era is Ken would've been fine as a right the ship guy until the stage was set for a real coach to take it to the mountain top, obviously we've gone past that mark and beyond to an excruciating amount of time.

You never get that time back man it's probably cost two genuine flag tilts maybe more.
Credit where credit is due, Hinkley was good for us in 2013/14 but 2015 showed he'd reach his ceiling and I've been calling for him the sacked since 2016. He should have been gone at the end of 2017 when he asked to be released from his contract and his replacement probably wouldn't have been any less successful.

The most annoying thing about this whole era is Ken would've been fine as a right the ship guy until the stage was set for a real coach to take it to the mountain top
Even Moses didn't make it to the promised land after wandering aimlessly in the desert for 40 years. We need to go easy on Ken.

Even Moses didn't make it to the promised land after wandering aimlessly in the desert for 40 years. We need to go easy on Ken.
To be fair Moses annihilated the Amalekites, Hinkley only annihilates greyhounds.

I thought “surely they can never do worse than this, right?” after the 2021 PF. Since then we missed finals one year, went straight sets in another and lost by more than 2021 in a home QF this year. Each time I thought “surely we’re done with him” each time, and yet he’s still here. Even now I’m thinking “how do we get worse” but it’d be so foolish of me to think it won’t happen again, as difficult as it is to imagine a worse spot we could be in.
It can't get worse than a club and its supporters openly despising each other.

It can't get worse than a club and its supporters openly despising each other.

There's never been anything like it in major professional Australian sport, and in overseas sport, it's usually reserved for owners who are actively running their team into the ground, potentially irreparably, or moving cities.

There's never been anything like it in major professional Australian sport, and in overseas sport, it's usually reserved for owners who are actively running their team into the ground, potentially irreparably, or moving cities.
The New York Knicks come to mind.

They played finals last year but before that, not much.

James Dolan was a horrendous owner. Similar in a way to Koch.

I do not believe at all that Hinkley's position was saved by Sicily's missed kick, or any 'skin of the teeth' event. I believe that this club believes that it is only a matter of time before Hinkley takes us to the premiership, and that the club will continue to reappoint him until it happens, because they expect it to happen. So, I expect that the only way Hinkley is not coach of Port in some future time is when the bottom falls out in a big way and the list contains next to zero talent, or an event causes him to physically be unable to be a coach.

I take Koch's dumb claim of making Hinkley a 20 year Port coach very seriously, and that means Koch plans to be the chairman for 20+ years, or however long it takes for him to gloat about being a chairman of a premiership club, or until he realises that the window of success is long gone and he skedaddles.

It kind of looks like Carr is not desperate enough to be Port's coach asap and get his hands on that talent we have ... OR perhaps it is because he knows that he does not have enough board support behind him. If he was to indicate an ultimatum that he cannot wait longer and that he's willing to get a senior gig elsewhere, I reckon the current boys club would turf him out anyway.
Kokhead's original `I want to make Ken Hinkley a 10 year coach' which he made from a background of absolutely zero football knowledge, and then later doubled down on with the even dumber 20 year bit began the death knell of the once proud PAFC and from that point on it was always going to be franchise city here we come!

Ken "useless lump of shit" Hinkley poised next season to go past John Worrall, bob rose and Mark Thompson.

Another 12 grand finals and 7 flags there for daddy with his zero to exceed.

Not Adding Up Season 1 GIF by Freeform

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken didn't want the aeroplane to be his lasting moment said Caro. WE COULDN'T LET IT END LIKE THAT!!

Him not wanting to be remembered for GinnivanGate and thus running it back for season 13 is the equivalent of going back for your hat and losing your shirt.

His legacy will be smouldering ashes by the completion of 2025 and while he’s been enabled by weak leadership above him, he will deserve whatever comes his way because of his apparent lack of any self-awareness.

][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="latinoheat" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Has Clurey posted in this thread yet ?

He’s going to write an autobiography.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What an absolute d*ckhead. As if he'd be remembered at all.
I’ll remember. I hope my future child isn’t as much of a footy history nerd as I am because the mere mention of his name is gonna have me acting like a sleeper agent that’s heard their trigger word.

The excuses for not sacking him have now officially jumped the shark.
  • "Can't sack him because he's contracted and we can't afford the payout"; to
  • "Can't sack him because it's not August"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he made a prelim"; to
  • "Can't sack him because the numbers say he's the winningest coach in Port's history"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he doesn't have the cattle"; to
  • "Can't sack him because even if he does have the cattle he can't kick it for 'em"; to
  • "Can't sack him because who else are ya gonna get?"; to
  • "Can't sack him because remember tarps"; to
  • "Can't sack him because it isn't the SANFL anymore"; to
  • "Can't sack him because he's a good bloke"; to
  • "Can't sack him because you can see the job means so much to him and he deserves another crack"; to
  • "Can't sack him because there'll be a player exodus if he goes"; to
  • "Can't sack him before the B&F because of the look"; to
  • "Can't sack him before Trade Week because lucrative targets need to know who the coach will be"; to
  • "Can't sack him before the national draft because we will look like football hell to draftees and their parents"; to
  • "Can't sack him while heading into pre-season because it will be too disruptive"; to finally
  • "Can't sack him if the defining legacy of his career will be him being remembered for flapping his arms and making aeroplane noises like he's trying to feed a toddler brussels sprouts".
Did I miss any?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back