Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the only club in the history of humans to have a handful of medium term injuries to a bunch of slightly above average players.

Also, it's a bit rich for a coach to blame the absence of individual players rather than collective failings when he willfully traded two of his best players in the previous off season.

Well the Richmond reserves still managed to travel and and beat us.

Hinkley please quit, you are embarrassing.

The last four Grand Finalists,

• West Coast: Gaff, Naitanui, Sheppard

• Collingwood: Scharenberg, Wells, Moore, Reid

• Richmond: Rance, Higgins, Graham

• GWS: Ward, Coniglio, Deledio

And that’s just the ones on the day, not including Treloar’s double-hamstring tear, Whitfield’s untimely appendix removal, Josh Kennedy’s leg issues that caused him to miss a third of 2018 and Riewoldt’s PCL that caused him to miss half of 2019.

Scraping the bottom of the excuse tin now.

I think injuries are a fair excuse, i mean, imagine how hard it would have been to win in 04 if we had season ending injuries to our captain and one of the most dominant ruckmen the competition has ever seen AND our best midfielder who was only a year removed from a Brownlow Medal runner up placing.

Would have been Impossible!

Don’t talk about injuries when we couldn’t even beat Richmond at home with three quarters of their team missing.
Was that the game where TJ put in a captain's game with a team leading clanger count.
Speaking of teams and injuries I was in Melb for the Rich v Geel game early June when the Cats annihilated them.
The tiges had a long list of injured players for quite a while but seemed to deal with it and recover all right.
Pus head would be better off giving a snake lessons in laying low.

Last edited:
The last four Grand Finalists,

• West Coast: Gaff, Naitanui, Sheppard

• Collingwood: Scharenberg, Wells, Moore, Reid

• Richmond: Rance, Higgins, Graham

• GWS: Ward, Coniglio, Deledio

And that’s just the ones on the day, not including Treloar’s double-hamstring tear, Whitfield’s untimely appendix removal, Josh Kennedy’s leg issues that caused him to miss a third of 2018 and Riewoldt’s PCL that caused him to miss half of 2019.

Scraping the bottom of the excuse tin now.
Yep contact sport after all. Throw in wake boarding as well, hitting water at high speed can be a bit iffy.
Probably a cheap shot but right now i'm no-body's friend, least of all the guy who bluffed his way to another 2mill at our expense,
fractured a proud club and burnt a playing list well capable of a lot more than hovering around 10th in an 18 team comp.
All is not lost tho' boys n girls we've probably unearthed a wizzkid in the Assistant Video Analysis role.

Why wear nice clothes when a 40c rag from the op shop will do the same job?
Why eat a scotch fillet when a packet of plain rice will also fill you up?

Because nice clothes or a scotch fillet won't cost you x20 your weekly wage, assuming you earn a median full time wage and haven't taken out a car loan with disgusting interest.

If you love cars or have an interest, buying new/expensive is worthwhile. For an average Australian, its a very poor financial move. Speaking of poor financial moves, Hinkley should be sacked

Ken on Melbourne radio blaming our poor season on injuries it seems...
“We didn't get Charlie Dixon back (from a serious leg injury) until halfway through last year, Hamish Hartlett didn’t play until after the Shanghai game (in round 11), Ollie Wines basically had three broken bones in his body during the season, Jack Watts (leg) virtually missed the whole year and Robbie Gray probably wasn’t in his best condition (because of injuries) the whole way through, even though he still managed to play,’’ he told Melbourne radio.
what a loser...this is him justifying to himself why he is still a head coach...

So out of his depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think injuries are a fair excuse, i mean, imagine how hard it would have been to win in 04 if we had season ending injuries to our captain and one of the most dominant ruckmen the competition has ever seen AND our best midfielder who was only a year removed from a Brownlow Medal runner up placing.

Bang on the money

What a stark contrast to the mentality of a premiership winning group and the one we are stuck with now

Rather than stand up to the challenge our players, coaches and management cry “it’s too hard” and lay down. Then they spit out every excuse in the book rather than taking ownership. I can’t stress enough how weak and pathetic it is

We've got a long way to go before we're anything like the Port Adelaide Football Club m8

Ken reflects on his contract extension...

(Note: Sound doesn't appear to be working on mobile devices, use a computer)

Last edited:
"We believe this group is so much better than the group we've had in the past" - Hinkley, November 2019

Yes, because the team that got within 3 points of beating Hawthorn in a preliminary final at the MCG smack bang in the middle of their three peat, containing 14 players aged 25 and under, 20 players aged 27 and under, which then added future All Australian and B&F Paddy Ryder to its mix, was so short on talent and ability.

It's crazy that this charlatan has been able to sell this idea to the club's board as well as the media that he's some type of master coach who just hasn't had the talent at his disposal all these years, and that a few years of early draft picks will finally provide him with the talent he needs to finally break through and finish 8th.

Sack the campaigner.

Last edited:
"We believe this group is so much better than the group we've had in the past" - Hinkley, November 2019

Yes, because the team that got within 3 points of beating Hawthorn in a preliminary final at the MCG smack bang in the middle of their three peat, containing 14 players aged 25 and under, 20 players aged 17 and under, which then added future All Australian and B&F Paddy Ryder to its mix, was so short on talent and ability.

It's crazy that this charlatan has been able to sell this idea to the club's board as well as the media that he's some type of master coach who just hasn't had the talent at his disposal all these years, and that a few years of early draft picks will finally provide him with the talent he needs to finally break through and finish 8th.

Sack the campaigner.

We've got a long way to go before we're a team like Port Adelaide 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back