Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge news or is it a rumour on Seven News.

Apparently Port is one of five or six Clubs on the AFL 'watch list' with the AFL monitoring the Club's finances. The AFL apparently will not allow the PAFC to sack Ken Hinkley if we make the eight this year. However if we do not there is a clause that will allow us to pay Hinkley out on a one year deal.

I am not sure how it all works but it is interesting that it is being mentioned. The fire under Hinkley is being fanned by the media.

It is also interesting that despite the Chinese experiment and assurances of it guaranteeing our financial future from David Koch and Keith Thomas we are still on the AFL's watch list.
We are stronger financially than we were obviously but as we still have a large debt like some other clubs we will be on the watch list for a while and as long as were servicing the debt the afl will be happy with that. However payouts will cause issues but membership drops will too so its a balancing act. I think the afl will allow a 1 year payout but definately not 2. But if ken chooses to leave it will be the best outcome for all.

It's looking more and more likely that it will either be Hinkley or Voss coaching Carlton next year.

QuickVibrantBichonfrise-size_restricted.gif

Hinkley progress? What’s Paul Roos talking about

7 years hasn’t won a final since 2014

First win in a month.

10 wins in the last 26 games.

Everything’s rosy then?

Hinkley duped the media in a 7 year honeymoon

Oh I know

Roos played with Hinkley at Fitzroy.

Blight coached him at Geelong.

Whateley’s a Cats man.

They care about Ken, not Port.

CF0E6A0B-7F8F-4DD4-9A8B-4CBC2A48A347.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All it takes is a loaded comment from the coach in the last round of the year and we'll get the rub of the green for 4 weeks. But Hinkley has no balls to call the bulls**t out.
Its not the coach making a comment though. Port doesn't have anything like the fairy tale that the AFL ran with for the Bulldogs. All of the 2016 final series was pretty well celebrating the Bulldogs breaking their drought.

Hutchy pushing hard for Hinkley to Carlton

He's been doing it for weeks...no idea why.

Why would we want a coach that you guys desperately want out?

Also what do you guys think of Voss? A bit hard to know how much the teams performance is due to the assistant coach, but there's constant talk about him to Carlton. Potentially as senior assistant, not head coach.

Hinkley progress? What’s Paul Roos talking about

7 years hasn’t won a final since 2014

First win in a month.

10 wins in the last 26 games.

Everything’s rosy then?

Hinkley duped the media in a 7 year honeymoon

Oh I know

Roos played with Hinkley at Fitzroy.

Blight coached him at Geelong.

Whateley’s a Cats man.

They care about Ken, not Port.

View attachment 721248

What do you guys think about Koch being quite demanding and polarising in public though?

Internally the expectation is probably fair, but imo he shouldn't be putting so much public pressure and extra scrutiny on the club, coaches and players.

Still don't think his comments telling Voss 'to do your job because we pay you' in reference to interviewing with Carlton was smart, especially since Voss said he had received clearance and support from the club to do the interview...

No one wants to work for a boss who will throw you under the bus publicly like that. I reckon his public comments would hurt Port's chance of attracting top head & assistant coaches.

Can Paul Roos, and I can't stress this enough, **** off and stop ruining football? Get absolutely ****ed.

That stuff about the AFL "allowing" us to sack Hinkley is bullshit as well. What if we have a REALLY successful time at our upcoming "Sausage Sizzle for a Sacking" event and raise $1,000,000 in the mean time? What if John Butcher finally gets what he deserves and wins Powerball and sponsors the club on the condition that they sack the coach who ruined his career?

In any case, the AFL can get doubly ****ed because:

a) They appoint our stupid board who got us in this mess to begin with and

b) For giving the Swans a cost of living allowance which allowed Paul Roos to play the most turgid football of all time and still win a flag so he can strut around living off his reputation which could only be more inflated at this point if he came out of retirement and played a few seasons for Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back