Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has Ken achieved besides the 1-2 year anomaly to even suggest he deserves another contract extension.

I’m still trying to work it out.

2013: 13-11 with a side packed with young potential, backed by a world class fitness regime.

2014: 16-9 and an excellent finals series, but absolutely pissed top-2/4 down the drain.

2015-2019: hindenburg.gif

Really looking forward to the media painting us as ungrateful arseholes when he ships his Scrooge McDuck vault back to Victoria.

Hinkley has convinced the PAFC board to treat 2020 as if it’s his first year of coaching

I make finals this year I deserve an extension, forget the fact that I’ve coached for 7 seasons and not won a final since 2014

I’m not sure why people measure the success of a coach by finals?

Our club doesn’t

Great to see all the the past players and coaches at the Gala night. It must have hit home to Hinkley, how his level of mediocrity is something that has not been acceptable at the PAFC.
I hope Ken has come to the realization that he is a very very small part of the PAFC. With no runs runs on the board he must have felt way out of his depth, with all the past greats.

Sack Hinkley at first opportunity in 2020.

Last edited:
My dad got me a signed poster today at GFG of Tom Jonas. one of the signature's on the back is Ken's. I had mixed emotions of being grateful and feeling uneasy at the same time.

#sacksignature

Great to see all the the past players and coaches at the Gala night. It must have hit home to Hinkley, how his level of mediocrity is something that has not been acceptable at the PAFC.
I hope Ken has come to the realization that he is a very very small part of the PAFC. With no runs runs on the board he must have felt way out of his depth, with all the past greats.

Sack Hinkley at first opportunity in 2020.

lol nah. Hinkley is all you'se werent in the AFL then, it's harder now.

And what you’re saying is perfectly fine, but the delusional zealotry within that particular group has reached a level that makes me wonder if things like ‘The Creed’ and the ruthlessness that saw Port Adelaide continually win and evolve into a national powerhouse was actually some weird The Leftoversesque parallel dimension we’re no longer a part of.

quoting this solely forThe Leftovers reference, god that was a good show

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley fact 1

1992 third in the brownlow medal count

giphy.gif

“At the end of 2017 we made difficult decisions and those decisions were based around that we didn’t think we had a group who were going to win a premiership for us so we made some decisions as a football club,” Hinkley explains.

Not just me, but as a football club with our list management. We made some decisions to put us in a position to win a premiership and that is what we have set out to do.

“We had a really clear plan about what we were trying to achieve. We at Port Adelaide don’t set out to play finals.

“I get fascinated by people saying you’ve got to play finals. My belief is you want to win the thing, if playing finals is the end goal then I think you are failing.”

“At the end of 2017 we made difficult decisions and those decisions were based around that we didn’t think we had a group who were going to win a premiership for us so we made some decisions as a football club,” Hinkley explains.

Not just me, but as a football club with our list management. We made some decisions to put us in a position to win a premiership and that is what we have set out to do.

“We had a really clear plan about what we were trying to achieve. We at Port Adelaide don’t set out to play finals.

“I get fascinated by people saying you’ve got to play finals. My belief is you want to win the thing, if playing finals is the end goal then I think you are failing.”
Oh dear. Will the bs ever end? If he really believed that, he should admit he's failed FOR 7 YEARS and move on. Why did you sign a contract with such pathetic kpi's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back