Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically we're not sacking anyone because we (and other clubs as well) barely have enough cash flow to pay the coaches as it is. We can't pay him out and I doubt the AFL would allow it, since they effectively control our board.

But we do need to make sure his contract isn't renewed on just the first half of 2020.

What pathetically low standards.
We should see it as a 4-year contract with a penalty clause, added for mere formality’s sake.
Nobody thought we would get in 2020 with that clause still valid. Yet, here we are.

Who would be available and good enough to take on this team if Ken doesn't get extended?
You're right, we must extend Hinkley because as poor a coach as he is at least he's a known quantity.

Brett Ratten was an assistant last season and arguably coach of the year to date. To suggest there are no talented coaches available outside of the 18 head coach bubble is just ******* ridiculous!
Yup, as if there are only 18 people in the entire world capable of coaching an AFL team, and of that 18 the likes of Nicks, Cameron, Shaw, Hinkley and Goodwin being in that number!

It's absurd! In the WHOLE WORLD there isn't a better coach than Nicks??? C'aaaaaaaarn!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are most aware of this sliding doors moment in 2010?

Port picked Primus over C Scott for the senior coach.
Geelong picked C Scott over Hinkley for the senior coach.

Primus > Scott > Hinkley?

Scott dodged a bullet there. Got handed a team that coached itself to a premiership instead

Yup, as if there are only 18 people in the entire world capable of coaching an AFL team, and of that 18 the likes of Nicks, Cameron, Shaw, Hinkley and Goodwin being in that number!

It's absurd! In the WHOLE WORLD there isn't a better coach than Nicks??? C'aaaaaaaarn!
Actually, we need to look broader for our next coach.
I’m sure there are hundreds of thousands of top soccer/basketball coaches who could do a better job than most in the AFL.
Get in a foreign head coach and give him local assistants!

Imagine how he'd go if he was stuck with a sh*t list like Hinkley has been lumped with at Ports.
if i were the Crows i'd be sacking him right now, there are red lights going off everywhere that he simply cant coach. But in the interest of the crows being the new fitzroy he's more than welcome to stay

Not bad for a little club from Alberton

lol imagine Eddie saying "not bad from the little club from *shuffles papers*, Collingwood."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back