Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, we need to look broader for our next coach.
I’m sure there are hundreds of thousands of top soccer/basketball coaches who could do a better job than most in the AFL.
Get in a foreign head coach and give him local assistants!
We have Cahill.

Admittedly, we are doing great on the ladder this year. We are thumping teams we should but still lose to the better teams who prepare against Hinkley's game plan. We could theoretically still be premiers this year. We just need three games where we play on pure emotion, elation and physicality whereby we win regardless of tactics against our game plan. We would need to be underdogs and the opposition has to underestimate us, and umpires to officiate properly, for three games in the finals. Highly unlikely, but still possible at this point of time.

Does that vindicate Hinkley?

For me, the simple answer is no. The decision to extend Hinkley's contract in 2017, one year before his contract expires, is simply mind baffling. That decision was based on a belief and faith not grounded in reality, and certainly not based on merit. We lost an elimination final as favourites and you award the coach for a job well done? No, you let coach 'play out' his final year and see where that takes us and then negotiate a new contract based on merit. 2017 was a year that the Club management could have shown some real leadership. Instead they collapsed under the coach's threat of leaving.

If Port Adelaide win the Premiership this year, imagine how many times we could have won if we actually had a competent coach.

Janus as coach, El Scorcho as senior assistant and we just watch the world burn.

As long as Jase Cripps sticks around to teach the next generation the secret art of the uncontested double-fist that’ll do me.

Janus as coach, El Scorcho as senior assistant and we just watch the world burn.

I think with Hinkley out of the way, eliminating Janus's need to be contrarian, our football philosophies probably wouldn't be that far apart.

First order of business: Redraft Butcher.

I think deep down we all know where our season is headed. Under Hinkley the club in one way or another has let itself and supporters down, every year there is something that derails our season.

Who honestly believes that we can defeat an in form West Coast, Brisbane or Geelong, we struggle to beat the likes of Carlton, yes we won over a depleted Richmond and again the Hawks will be well undermanned.

Under Hinkley we will never ever get to the ultimate prize, it's such a waste of talent. Port Adelaide the new Melbourne footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Barca have just sacked their manager they appointed in Jan after an 8-2 thumping by Bayern.

Meanwhile at Alberton ...

Barcelona generated just over 10 per cent more revenue than the next highest revenue earner in the world in the 2018/19 season in a sport with no draft and no salary cap. They then finished second to a poor Real Madrid team in La Liga, were flogged by Bayern in the CL and their current squad is an ageing unbalanced mess by their lofty standards. They have also had a revolving door of managers in recent years burning through six since Guardiola left in 2012. Not exactly a great reference point at the moment...

View attachment 938483
On the couch premiership profile saying what you guys have said all along, port Adelaide have one game plan and therefore cannot win a flag.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think we are the only one of those clubs not to have played anyone in the current bottom 7 over that period. The worst team we have played is the Bulldogs and they are only out of the eight on percentage.

View attachment 938483
On the couch premiership profile saying what you guys have said all along, port Adelaide have one game plan and therefore cannot win a flag.
And Gerard Healy called Hinkley a "great coach" only a few short weeks ago despite 7 years and counting of evidence. You can't make this sh*t up.

Barcelona generated just over 10 per cent more revenue than the next highest revenue earner in the world in the 2018/19 season in a sport with no draft and no salary cap. They then finished second to a poor Real Madrid team in La Liga, were flogged by Bayern in the CL and their current squad is an ageing unbalanced mess by their lofty standards. They have also had a revolving door of managers in recent years burning through six since Guardiola left in 2012. Not exactly a great reference point at the moment...

Ok. For bonus points explain Claudio Ranieri at Leicester.

2016-2019 a combined 2 wins, 19 losses vs the teams that finished top 4.
This is the most damning stat of all. Even if we make finals we look terrible against the teams we'd be playing.
Add 1 and 3 if you look at the 4 teams below us this year. Even that 1 win was against a WCE team that had cracked the shits about playing in Queensland and would probably do what Geelong did to us if we played them this week.
His amazing 2017 that earned him his current extension involved us beating 6th placed Sydney and 8th placed WCE as the only 2 top 8 teams we beat for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back