Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sack him. Genuinely think I'm done with port until then.

There is no point, I can't control anything and I've seen the Hinkley t.v. show before and It had bad ending I don't like watching.

Will keep my reserved seat membership but drop the other one.

My life would genuinely improve in standard too, enjoy guys and girls, loved the banter

I was only 10 in 2003 so I don't know too much about it, but for those that have a better understanding or memory of that time, was there about the same discontent with Choco at the end of 03 after another premature finals exit as there is with Hinkley now? Or did he have a bit more respect as he was still relatively new to the role? ...

Oh yeah, the heat was on Choco. Massively. That "chokers" tag was an albatross farken.

There was a real urgency of "we HAVE to win one" with that team. Bucky & Boults desperately wanted a flag to finish off the job they started in 1992 spearheading the AFL campaign.

Hell, Allan Scott, the club's major sponsor and big benefactor shitcanned Choco in public, just imagine the shitstorm if Sanjeev Gupta came out with something like:

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 10.16.47 am.png

View attachment 1233725
Ken Hinkley describing his team after 9 seasons at the helm. Young. Developing.

9 seasons.

Imagine torching the primes of Schulz, Boak, Gray, Wingard, Jonas, Ebert, Westhoff, Hartlett and Dixon and trotting out that line a decade into your tenure.

We should do the right thing by Aliir and sell him to Real Madrid in the next window.

View attachment 1233725
Ken Hinkley describing his team after 9 seasons at the helm. Young. Developing.

9 seasons.

A three year player Smith tore us apart. Macrae and Bont are not old fogies. Hinkley is full of crap and he takes control of every presser with his longwinded dribble to use up time and answer fewer questions, and last night, "now is not the time to talk about it" ... ??? There's the core of our soft underbelly.

I am warming to Nathan Buckley more and more by the day.

When? The reality is as we know is we will get some fluff media crap from Kochie, Richo will send a nice members email and summer skiing on the River here we come!

Meanwhile Schofield might leave, other assistants moved on (someone has to take the blame) and we’ll be back bigger and better with the 2022 model, flashing new lights and a bigger smoke machine!

I’m in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't hate ken but think he just needs to give someone else a go at coaching this group.
Is Voss in charge of our midfield coz we were pantsed in the clearances. They often had an extra player there, now combine that with their better

structures, a greater spread of reliable kicks, Lycett struggling and voila we couldn't get a sniff of it. Truth is it seemed like we were never in it :(

I am warming to Nathan Buckley more and more by the day.

First throw the kitchen sink at Clarko. Exhaust all possibilities to coerce him - a McDonald’s franchise, waterboarding, a $20 voucher to the Port Club.

Failing that, Buckley at the helm with Choco as a senior advisor would be a very palatable outcome.

We need to consult the Carlton board for some tips on how to sack a head coach. They've got the experience and tactical nous to get it done.

Step one is leak it to the media I would presume.

First throw the kitchen sink at Clarko. Exhaust all possibilities to coerce him - a McDonald’s franchise, waterboarding, a $20 voucher to the Port Club.

Failing that, Buckley at the helm with Choco as a senior advisor would be a very palatable outcome.

tenor.gif

Ken needs to resign. Not only for Port but because I’m seriously concerned over his own mental health (not trolling or disparaging him). He was absolutely broken and can’t seem to deal with pressure. Important qualities if we want to win the premiership

Ken needs to resign. Not only for Port but because I’m seriously concerned over his own mental health (not trolling or disparaging him). He was absolutely broken and can’t seem to deal with pressure. Important qualities if we want to win the premiership
Seriously I'm so sick of this narrative. Gee, I don't handle pressure well. I think I'll become an AFL coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back