Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to understand how stability is more important than success. The people in charge at Alberton clearly think it's OK to wallow year after year as a mid table club, rather than go all out to win a premiership. It's mind boggling.
Because you are thinking like an unreasonable member who wants the club to be successful. If you think like our AFL appointed chairman and the majority of our board it makes perfect sense. The board is tasked by the AFL with delivering sustained mediocrity. Financial stability without ever being able to truly threaten any of the Victorian clubs for a flag. That is why the "interstate" clubs, especially little battler clubs from Alberton, are allowed to play in the expanded VFL.

If he walks on his terms it's like he's saying he's too good for us to stick around. I'd prefer that we sacked him for non-performance, but that's probably just my vindictive streak.
Im with you, dd prefer to see him sacked. But either way, him being allowed to go on his terms means he's gone and thats a good result. Maybe saves the club some money too.

If he walks on his terms it's like he's saying he's too good for us to stick around. I'd prefer that we sacked him for non-performance, but that's probably just my vindictive streak.

Sacking for non-perfomance overwhelming failure is totally justified and long overdue.
Vindictive Negative feelings are totally justified and long overdue

Because you are thinking like an unreasonable member who wants the club to be successful. If you think like our AFL appointed chairman and the majority of our board it makes perfect sense. The board is tasked by the AFL with delivering sustained mediocrity. Financial stability without ever being able to truly threaten any of the Victorian clubs for a flag. That is why the "interstate" clubs, especially little battler clubs from Alberton, are allowed to play in the expanded VFL.

That right there, sums up our current and foreseeable plight, true but sickening.
Another gift from the great mind of koch head.

Get the manure trucks ready.

Just trying to understand how stability is more important than success. The people in charge at Alberton clearly think it's OK to wallow year after year as a mid table club, rather than go all out to win a premiership. It's mind boggling.

Was recently treated to a fresh round of some often rabid defences of the status quo across socials, along the lines of:

• you don’t want to be one of those clubs that sacks coaches at the drop of a hat do you?

Um: a new senior coach for 2023 would be just our fifth since Russell Ebert wasn’t renewed 35 years ago. the spectral extremes that try to paint this groundswell as a whimsical and premature knee-jerk are wild.

• how many clubs sack coaches and make Grand Finals?

Um: within 1-7 years? pretty much all of them? you know how many clubs have made a GF with the same coach (who previously hasn’t) after 10 seasons? zero.

• “It’s not the SANFL anymore stupid, we’re playing with the big boys now. It’s very difficult to win”

Um: jesus f**king aitch…

Here, we take what Koch, Hinkley, Rucci and whoever says with a pinch of salt, but again, the constant massaging is having a concerted effect on a lot of people.

Rather than being seen as rightly exasperated agents of common sense in advocating for long overdue change, we’re increasingly seen as agents of destruction actively seeking to harm the club by agitating for something of a ‘needless’ revolution, because all the incumbent movers and shakers are doing their absolute best anyway.

Short of a wooden spoon season, or Kenny choosing to sling his hook, nothing will change.

Im with you, dd prefer to see him sacked. But either way, him being allowed to go on his terms means he's gone and thats a good result. Maybe saves the club some money too.

I would prefer a contract termination, not because I want Hinkley to hurt in some way, but as a sign that the board is evolving and recognising a new direction is necessary. There's about three or four new directors since the last extension I reckon.

Getting that desperate for his departure, I'd drive to his house, pick him up and drive him to the airport. Am even willing to pay for the ticket. Hell, I'll even carry his bags in.

'Unaccompanied baggage to Camperdown please. No, I do not know why the suitcases appear to be leaking blood'

I would prefer a contract termination, not because I want Hinkley to hurt in some way, but as a sign that the board is evolving and recognising a new direction is necessary. There's about three or four new directors since the last extension I reckon.

Got that dreaded feeling that any new additions are not going to be on 'our side' but merely to pamper the ego of koch the condescending invertebrate.

Was recently treated to a fresh round of some often rabid defences of the status quo across socials, along the lines of:

• you don’t want to be one of those clubs that sacks coaches at the drop of a hat do you?

Um: a new senior coach for 2023 would be just our fifth since Russell Ebert wasn’t renewed 35 years ago. the spectral extremes that try to paint this groundswell as a whimsical and premature knee-jerk are wild.

• how many clubs sack coaches and make Grand Finals?

Um: within 1-7 years? pretty much all of them? you know how many clubs have made a GF with the same coach (who previously hasn’t) after 10 seasons? zero.

• “It’s not the SANFL anymore stupid, we’re playing with the big boys now. It’s very difficult to win”

Um: jesus f**king aitch…

Here, we take what Koch, Hinkley, Rucci and whoever says with a pinch of salt, but again, the constant massaging is having a concerted effect on a lot of people.

Rather than being seen as rightly exasperated agents of common sense in advocating for long overdue change, we’re increasingly seen as agents of destruction actively seeking to harm the club by agitating for something of a ‘needless’ revolution, because all the incumbent movers and shakers are doing their absolute best anyway.

Short of a wooden spoon season, or Kenny choosing to sling his hook, nothing will change.
Getting rid of a coach who should have been sacked 5 years ago, doesn't exactly constitute sacking someone at the drop of a hat :).

Got that dreaded feeling that any new additions are not going to be on 'our side' but merely to pamper the ego of koch the condescending invertebrate.

Yeah, didn’t he turf Fiacchi and replace him with Wanganeen (who, bless him, was as compliant as a despotic Chairman could hope for).

I can’t see him green ticking a senior coach who threatens to shake up the conservative monotony that has frozen the joint.

Getting rid of a coach who should have been sacked 5 years ago, doesn't exactly constitute sacking someone at the drop of a hat :).

“He made back to back Prelims just last year! If it was up to entitled idiots like you, you’d sack a coach every year!”

Believe me, Flip. I’ve tried.

Yeah, didn’t he turf Fiacchi and replace him with Wanganeen (who, bless him, was as compliant as a despotic Chairman could hope for).

I can’t see him green ticking a senior coach who threatens to shake up the conservative monotony that has frozen the joint.

Steady as she goes, nothing to see here folks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from being their coach/ex coach why are they so chummy with a bloke in his mid 50's.

Because being ruthless and striving for greatness isn't as important as cushy careers, underachievement and life outside football.

I would like to believe this too. However why would he voluntarily go when life is easy he is getting money for jam. Our board are roofless not ruthless so they are not going to move him on.

I am steeling myself up for 2023 with "Kenny" at the helm and me without membership for yet another year. FML

Yep me too. Where our movers and shakers argument falls down is why has he not been locked away post 2023. Iirc Ken has never coached

in a contract's final year without the safety net of an extension being agreed. No-one wants to rock the boat (Richo especially) because

his job pays pretty well. Staying employed within the AFL entails going with the flow. Settling for 12th? when pre-season the pass mark was a GF

is both slippery and gutless. Don't hand me this bollocks that Ken deserves to oversee our next generation of promising players.

You've had your chances Bucko. Just for once put the club first, do the right thing and naff off at season's end.

I get it the dilemma of us winning games atm but nothing and I mean nothing will ever make up for our last 2 PF's, Russell's tribute game and

who of us here will ever forget his grinning face when Dawson's kick won the showdown :mad:... piss off you've had a good innings.

Just read that 17000 healthy greyhounds are killed each year in the Australian racing industry. If they don't chase or aren't fast enough they are considered wastage. And of course there's the livebating...and 1 on 3 greyhounds are injured on the track.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate this c*** more than I already do.

And they are the most loving, placid beautiful dogs you can imagine too!

**** greyhound racing!

“We’re not in the SANFL anymore, guess you forget how bad things were when he arrived.”

It’s like they’re all in a centralised support hub and have a standardised flowchart.
This narrative that Ken saved the club triggers me massively...he had everything he could ask for and blew it.

This narrative that Ken saved the club triggers me massively...he had everything he could ask for and blew it.

I’ve painstakingly pointed this out on a few pages, pure facts, zero subjectivity, and been called everything under the sun or a ‘Tingles’ troll.

It’s like… 🤷‍♀️

It will 100% be all "we tried these highly rated coaches and they all wanted to bring in their own assistants and overhaul the football program which was money we werent willing to spend and get ourselves into trouble."

A very common occurance on boards dominated by penny pinching accountants.

Last edited:
I’d deadset rather guide my Dad into my Mum, than sit through another year of Hinkleyball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to watch this thx

“We’re not in the SANFL anymore, guess you forget how bad things were when he arrived.”

It’s like they’re all in a centralised support hub and have a standardised flowchart.
The irony is that if we had this attitude we would never have made the AFL. Winning is winning, it doesn't matter if it's a harder comp it is still all that matters and it being a little bit harder is no excuse. These ****ing mongs don't even realise with all the sanfl shit etc we've still been one of the better teams already in the afl so with a return to our traditional aim to win all the time ways more sustained success isn't a real big stretch.

I’ve painstakingly pointed this out on a few pages, pure facts, zero subjectivity, and been called everything under the sun or a ‘Tingles’ troll.

It’s like… 🤷‍♀️
Lol this is what i dont get. Post evidence, provide narrative and historical references. "Lol **** off moit you just tingle scum."

Ok even if you were, what did you post that was objectively wrong? Lol

The worst thing isn't that we've pissed 10 years down the drain, it's that we've also pissed the next 10 years down the drain.

At a time when the Crows were at their lowest ebb, we failed to be ruthless and relentless in our pursuit of success to set ourselves up as the dominant team in town. We've wallowed in mediocrity where making finals (but not a grand final) every 2-3 years, maintaining a positive win-loss ratio, and not finishing bottom four is seen as mission accomplished.

When the wheel eventually turns and the Crows get their shit together in a few years, we'll be living in a post-Hinkley wasteland where even a crack team of forensic scientists from the CSI trilogy won't be able to find a trace of DNA from the once proud PAFC and wondering what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back