Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there's 10 players who'll be upset if Hinkley is sacked it becomes more important than ever to sack him. What a putrid culture that is being bred down there.
They can all leave with him for all i care, no matter who they are. And if a new coach comes in and they stay they'll forget about ol' Uncle Ken in about a week.

What a joke. If Cornes is throwing that old chestnut out there then there's definitely talk down there he's on the way out, and Hinkley's trying to go the spoil. F**k him, and f**k them.

I call bullshit. Any player who wants success is not going to leave if we replace Hinkley with someone like Clarkson.

If they do, they're not the sort of players that you want hanging around anyway.
This is not the point.

The point is how does a sychophantic psychofantic failed-fireman seagull stats-obsessed tagger cum footballer (at times) make a living in media with this sort of inane desperate crap?

Answer: South Australia.

If there's 10 players who'll be upset if Hinkley is sacked it becomes more important than ever to sack him. What a putrid culture that is being bred down there.
They can all leave with him for all i care, no matter who they are. And if a new coach comes in and they stay they'll forget about ol' Uncle Ken in about a week.

What a joke. If Cornes is throwing that old chestnut out there then there's definitely talk down there he's on the way out, and Hinkley's trying to go the spoil. F**k him, and f**k them.
Nailed it.

I would have thought 9-10 players being upset if he goes would be quite normal. For Kano to bring it up as having any sort of meaning shows him for lightweight he is as a “journalist”.

The underlying inference is an extension of Hodor Theory.

Not only did Hinkley rescue the club from becoming the Apple Isle Oblivion, he’s the only man capable of preventing it from happening going forward.

I'm sure there are players that like Hinkles, probably duds like Jonas, DBJ, Dixon etc..
On the flip side, I do know that our young gun players (you know who they are) think Ken is a toss, and they're the ones I would be listening to.

What makes it even weirder is that before he got there they had finished 15th (this was the year we finished 14th and Ken took over), 15th and 14th. He took them from that to 6th and then a premiership immediately after arriving.

So basically he is in reality what people like to pretend Ken is.

I'm not standing up for Ken here because he is shit and want him gone, but had we had the helping hand from Umpires and AFL that Western Bulldogs received in their flag year, we arguably would have won both 2014 and 2020. Beveridge is as average as Ken but was gifted a premiership. It's easy to forget over time how blatant that was I guess, not sure Dan Hannebery would agree though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have real questions about where Kane Cornes is getting this info anyway. I have it on pretty good authority he has no friends left among the playing group and they don't talk to him. So, this would either be a stitch up being orchestrated by one, or both, of two people close to Kane who are desperately trying to save their jobs - His brother, or the coach.

I'm sure there are players that like Hinkles, probably duds like Jonas, DBJ, Dixon etc..
On the flip side, I do know that our young gun players (you know who they are) think Ken is a toss, and they're the ones I would be listening to.
Ken Is a toss.. and if the young ones think that... Then I'm all for playing youth.

I'm not standing up for Ken here because he is s**t and want him gone, but had we had the helping hand from Umpires and AFL that Western Bulldogs received in their flag year, we arguably would have won both 2014 and 2020. Beveridge is as average as Ken but was gifted a premiership. It's easy to forget over time how blatant that was I guess, not sure Dan Hannebery would agree though.
Not entirely disagreeing with this, but at absolute worst if you say they are the same, Bevo has still achieved it all in 2 less years, and still has the Dogs ahead of us on the ladder this year.

Attacking him the way Kornes did while ignoring the elephant in the room is ludicrous.

I don’t get the public orchestrated backing he gets, like a well oiled machine.

My guess is it’s because it’s an AFL directive. We’re paying our penance.

That's 30 odd players that are cool with it. The odds are in favour of him gone. Sack him.
Kane Cornes is just pure trouble. Always put himself before club, now putting his brother and Hinkley before club. The more i think about this the more i think it's pure and utter nonsense.

My guess is it’s because it’s an AFL directive. We’re paying our penance.
No, mate. AFL have bigger fish to fry. Like which of Auld or Dillon replaces Gillon and keeps their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back