Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I expect a bit more from you that facetious BS. Walls is also an absolute w***er, and we have no experience with him other than that. Gotta love literalists.
Don't make dumb blanket statements if you don't want people to point out the consequences of those dumb blanket statements.

Walls is of course cooked as an AFL coach. As is Choco. His time has been and well and truly gone. May as well bring John Cahill back.

We don't.
Nah, we do, in great lumps. And just cause something went bad once, does not mean that's all it can ever be, your honour. We've seen how good it can be. Anyway I never intended to turn this thread into a Choco for Coach thread. Back to the important business at hand .....

Sack Hinkley.

As a coach yes but in a player development role is a different kettle of fish.

Choco at Richmond/Melbourne is a very different kettle of fish to Mark Williams at Port Adelaide, regardless of the role.

I’ll always have a soft spot for him but his time at the club in an official capacity is done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's a pity because he's good in the development area.
Reckon Stephen is the one who fits that role well for us - knowledgeable, balanced, reflective and not at all keen on grabbing the spotlight. Mark would never be comfortable flying under the radar at Port - and the media wouldn't let him either.

In terms of balance at a professional sporting club with egos flying everywhere I reckon these things are vitally important (as I'm sure anyone who has a memory of a certain former coach and footy ops manager having a shouting match in front of the media in the PAFC carpark will agree)

Last edited:
Reckon Stephen is the one who fits that role well for us - knowledgeable, balanced, reflective and not at all keen on grabbing the spotlight. Mark would never be comfortable flying under the radar at Port - and the media wouldn't let him either.
He would've been a good AFL coach Stephen.

Choco without control freak mania.

In terms of balance at a professional sporting club with egos flying everywhere I reckon these things are vitally important (as I'm sure anyone who has a memory of a certain former coach and footy ops manager having a shouting match in front of the media in the PAFC carpark will agree)
Hadn't thought of this before, but you're right, they'd have a field day and Choco was never short of a controversial quote for the media.

Hadn't thought of this before, but you're right, they'd have a field day and Choco was never short of a controversial quote for the media.
Choco has a great capacity for empathy, as his development roles with several clubs have shown. And I'm not just talking about players but the supporters.

Who doesn't miss those times when he dragged the third quarter huddle over to the true Port fans in the outer at West Lakes to drive us and his team to greatness in tight games?

But he does not suffer fools lightly and is never afraid to call out the BS excuses that drive the AFL media hangers on. He calls it as he sees it and is prepared to deal with the consequences later.

I love everything Mark Williams stands for when it comes to honesty, commitment and integrity. He IS everything we love about our club.

But straight shooters like Choco would be roasted alive by the shallowness of the AFL media in 2022 when all that matters is the cheap click bait controversy. His time has gone.

Last edited:
Choco has a great capacity for empathy, as his development roles with several clubs have shown. And I'm not just talking about players but the supporters.

Who doesn't miss those times when he dragged the third quarter huddle over to the true Port fans in the outer at West Lakes to drive us and his team to greatness in tight games?

But he does not suffer fools lightly and is never afraid to call out the BS excuses that drive the AFL media hangers on. He calls it as he sees it and is prepared to deal with the consequences later.

I love everything Mark Williams stands for when it comes to honesty, commitment and integrity. He IS everything we love about our club.

But straight shooters like Choco would be roasted alive by the shallowness of the AFL media in 2022 media when all that matters is the cheap click bait controversy.
Provide him (and the Club) with a professional publicist / PA to deal with the media, and create new broader media boundaries.

Get ahead of the game.

I advise all the Sack Hinkley crew to stay away from 360 tonight… essentially a 10 minute lovefest between Gerard, Robbo and Chris Scott talking about how brave, plucky and inspirational Kenny and his team are.

Get away from this site for a day and come back to find Mark Williams' return as senior coach being discussed. I need a freakin' holiday!!!

Some people around here look at that guy through the footballing equivalent of beer goggles, i swear.. The guy almost burned the joint to the ground.

You know how as an adult you look back on your childhood as endless sunny days and frolics at the beach while forgetting all of those boring school holidays stuck inside playing Monopoly because it's pissing with rain outside? That's similar to how too many people view the tenure of Mark Williams as Port Adelaide coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back