Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And the thing is, it’s nothing you don’t see a stack of on most socials — and from otherwise genuine ‘salt of the earth’ Port people.

If Ken was signed to a 5-year extension today, and then proceeded to finish say, 10th, 7th, 10th, 5th, 10th, these people would be over the moon, stridently calling for another to take him into the 2030’s.

At this point ‘Cult’ isn’t a throwaway line — short of going winless and taking a spoon I’m not sure there’s a catalyst that can turn these types anymore.

Great post.

Sums things up so well. The thing about being a Port supporter was not to be, or need to be spoonfed. Quite the opposite really. We prided ourselves on the 'us against them' mentality, and some of our greatest triumphs were after being widely written off by the anti-Port SA media.

I have used the term 'True Believer' in other posts, not knowing it had been adopted, bastard-child like by the happy clappers. But I am a True Believer in the PAFC as it was, but recent times, the last 5-7 years, have shaken and reduced that belief like never before. Get these snivelling invertebrates out of OUR CLUB NOW

SACK HINKLEY

He benefited from the covid cost cutting very early in the year, having accepted a pay cut and getting his contract extended early. Thus, he never actually coached through 2020 under much pressure at all.
His contract was extended in 2021.

1659589916331.png

That’s exactly what Ed wants, he doesn’t want a stand alone Tassy team….. that’s his agenda.

Maybe the AFL comes in and says, we’ll help pay for your stadium if you take North…..

And I genuinely hope the Tassie government stand firm on the principle of having their own team

Thing is, if COVID hadn't hit the vfl coffers so hard it would almost have been done by now. Well made official and entry date, colours, etc been rolled out by now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hinkley was one of the great thinkers of the game or whatever the hell he said then wouldn't there be oppo teams smashing down the door to pry him away from Alberton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back