Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again why are our past Legends so scared to be vocal and call our the mediocrity at Port Adelaide. Where Roy keane when you need him
It's ****ing weird. You'd think there was a couple of past players disgusted, like you see at literally every other club, not afraid to call it out and damn the consequences.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Ginever is the most disappointing imo he's become nothing but a safe talking limp noodle.
He lost his job at Port, was muzzled, and now works for a club sponsor.

The overwhelming majority of people protect their job rather losing it by speaking out about people kicking around a piece of dead cow.

But surely, surely there's at least one person that thinks this isn't right, this isn't Port Adelaide, and will vocalise it?

There's. Not. Even. One.

Even Tredders or Choco or Cahill say things in a roundabout way, rather than simply saying, Ken's record at Port would historically not be tolerated, nor would it at any other club. It's mind blowing he is still coach.

Ginever is the most disappointing imo he's become nothing but a safe talking limp noodle.
Ask me what I think about the senior staff at my place of employment on live radio, then ask me over a beer at the pub. What you hear will be very different.

Why? I gotta pay the bills.

I hear what you guys are saying but fukc me Stephen Rowe has more balls on air calling out Adelaide's bullshit.. while his son was there no less.
After years of licking their arse clean. 5 years of no finals and his son likely to be cut meant the 2nd half of this year he has decided enough is enough.

But surely, surely there's at least one person that thinks this isn't right, this isn't Port Adelaide, and will vocalise it?

There's. Not. Even. One.

Even Tredders or Choco or Cahill say things in a roundabout way, rather than simply saying, Ken's record at Port would historically not be tolerated, nor would it at any other club. It's mind blowing he is still coach.

Tredders called Ken out on the 2021 PF, they argued before they went on air at AA the Friday after the PF and the second half of the interview was rather tense. Not long after that he lost his jobs in the media due to his vax stance.

He hasnt changed his opinion.

Tredders called Ken out on the 2021 PF, they argued before they went on air at AA the Friday after the PF and the second half of the interview was rather tense. Not long after that he lost his jobs in the media due to his vax stance.

He hasnt changed his opinion.
He still goes less direct than Camry counterparts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He still goes less direct than Camry counterparts

What does that even mean and who are the counterparts.

It does feel like aside from crap like defending the camp & various fruchoc topics the camry media go harder on stuff relating to the actual football.. perhaps because they know coaches don't get an eternity to deliver at West Lakes.

They went pretty hard at Sando, and also Pyke after the camp. Nicks hasn't had much criticism outside of Ricciuto, but he's on the board so I'm not sure that counts.

The Adelaide media (and club) has a black belt in knowing when to turn on its own.

It’s what they do. It’s probably hasn’t hurt them in turning over coaches, but at its core it’s the same thing that’s alienated nearly every great of that club.

They’ll turn hard on nicks soon enough and blame him for their problems.

None of this is to say don’t criticise port and the lack of pressure put onto them, it’s deserved,
But the crows are not a good example of healthy outside pressure, not at all.

I couldn't give a rats toss bag what the Camry Crows' sycophants in the media say about their coaches. Measuring ourselves against the Camry Crows is a clear sign of what a loser culture our club has embraced.

It's not measuring anything it's highlighting that Port people in the media are as weak as piss just like the club.
Port people in the media is a very small sample. Timmy G knows that if he wants to keep his job he needs to defend Hinkley because that is what Camry Crows do, they want him to be at Ports forever.

I don't like whacking Tim I know he's a great guy, I just feel he's falling into being a people pleaser at the moment.

I dunno the whole dragging Hinkley era exacerbates everything.

The Adelaide media (and club) has a black belt in knowing when to turn on its own.

It’s what they do. It’s probably hasn’t hurt them in turning over coaches, but at its core it’s the same thing that’s alienated nearly every great of that club.

They’ll turn hard on nicks soon enough and blame him for their problems.

None of this is to say don’t criticise port and the lack of pressure put onto them, it’s deserved,
But the crows are not a good example of healthy outside pressure, not at all.
If Nicks doesnt make finals, or maybe just misses, the crows will sack him. They knew they had to give him time after the camp BS fallout, but 4 years and no finals and 6 in total, and the crows will react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back