Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of these kinds of stories are there?

From memory, there's:
  • Ken saving us from somehow, inexplicably, finding ourselves down 0-5;
  • Ken giving confidence to Marshall, when he was at his lowest;
  • Ken taking the chance on moving Rozee into the centre rather than dropping him;
  • Ken helping Boak's late-career renaissance by putting him back in the middle.
All of these things have a common element in their creation. That seems to be memory-holed. It's ******* magic, it is.

‘Sacrificing his career to play kids’ in 2019 with a team that had a dozen guys aged 27+ in it, and a handful of 30 year olds.

8D53C155-F051-4250-A714-D9ED026699BC.jpeg
F6A3E791-CC3A-482D-903E-CCD0E673999E.jpeg

Great job to miss the eight completely with a premiership age profile, Ken!

‘Sacrificing his career to play kids’ in 2019 with a team that had a dozen guys aged 27+ in it, and a handful of 30 year olds.

View attachment 1614844
View attachment 1614843

Great job to miss the eight completely with a premiership age profile, Ken!
Do our board or leaders do like...any research at all? Any? Measure Ken against KPIs and benchmarks?

I mean, Kochie didnt even know the Crows had some clauses about their board that makes it more member owned down the track. So I would say a resounding no. It's just whatever they gaslight even themselves to beleive.

Do our board or leaders do like...any research at all? Any? Measure Ken against KPIs and benchmarks?

I mean, Kochie didnt even know the Crows had some clauses about their board that makes it more member owned down the track. So I would say a resounding no. It's just whatever they gaslight even themselves to beleive.

And harking back to the prior point, why are they allowed to get away with it — whether it’s earnest ignorance or a wanton disinformation campaign — by a media corps of cheerleaders, sycophants and passive shouldershruggers?

The club set the table nice and early for that year with the “best win in my time here”/“so young so young so young” narrative after beating Melbourne at the MCG in Round 1:

B87111AA-ED7E-4EF1-976B-3B7333D4CBFF.jpeg
C7265074-31CA-408A-8A51-D3A9B53AD572.jpeg 36C8156C-6E36-453A-A1A9-299A70F6343E.jpeg

Of course there were doubters! Your team had recently collapsed from 11-4 to 12-10 (including losing its last 4) and hadn’t won a final since 2014 on your watch, Ken.

And actually, the Port team we put out that day was on average older (by 9 months) and more experienced (by over a season) than Melbourne on the day, who incidentally would finish the year in 17th-place.

“Best win ever!”

And harking back to the prior point, why are they allowed to get away with it — whether it’s earnest ignorance or a wanton disinformation campaign — by a media corps of cheerleaders, sycophants and passive shouldershruggers?

The club set the table nice and early for that year with the “best win in my time here”/“so young so young so young” narrative after beating Melbourne at the MCG in Round 1:

View attachment 1615227
View attachment 1615228View attachment 1615229

Of course there were doubters! Your team had recently collapsed from 11-4 to 12-10 (including losing its last 4) and hadn’t won a final since 2014 on your watch, Ken.

And actually, the Port team we put out that day was on average older (by 9 months) and more experienced (by over a season) than Melbourne on the day, who incidentally would finish the year in 17th-place.

“Best win ever!”
Like another post about ken being hailed a hero for things he ****ed up in the first place. I.e. moving Rozzee into the middle half a season too late, bringing boak bank to life after almost killing his career etc.
He's a master of setting a low bar and then just scraping over while the AFL media tell us he's a genius and we're lucky to have him

I’m get it was a practice hit out but the signs are not good from yesterday. None of the game plan weaknesses appear to have been addressed.

Very conceivable we are 1-4 to start the season with loses to Bris, Coll, Syd, WB.

At that point his ticket is stamped. Kenny won’t stick around once he knows he’s not getting an extension so Carr will get interim job.

Next is to clean out Cornes, Bassett and whoever else has been in the box with Ken and start again. The list is good enough just need someone with the balls to get rid of the deadwood in the box and on the field (Jonas, DBJ, Lycett, Clurey, McEntee).

How a chat with Ken Hinkley turned Port Adelaide forward Todd Marshall into a goalkicking beast​

Todd Marshall was worried he was about to be dropped. Then came a chat that turned the trajectory of the young forward’s career. DANIEL CHERNY reports.

No Cookies | CODE Sports

The crux of this article to me is that things have to hit rock-bottom before Hinkley thinks about doing a tiny bit of work.

He waited until round 3 2022 before he started coaching Todd Marshall in playing his role properly.

But then Hinkley never was a forward’s sphincter.

Oh, and the decision to move Rozee into the middle at half time versus Carlton was made by ‘the coaches’, according to Hinkley. Not by him.

Bejeezuz I want to see the last of this yokel so bad it doesn’t just hurt, it cuts deep.
It was the 'coaches' and not Ken that pushed for Rozee to be moved to the midfield. It's the same 'coaches' that continue to argue against Ken's insistence that our midfield employ a 'tagger', because it creates gaps in the defensive structure. This season, those same 'coaches', minus one that has left, will continue to insist that our wingers be used higher up the field, rather than behind the ball, as is Ken's preference.

How good would it be to not have a Cornes at PAFC. Watch Kane change his tune.
I saw him running this morning around Brighton. Gee he looks more and more like his dad

I didn't bother to stop him to tell him to stop being a mouthpiece for Lord Mediocrity but I'm not a narcissistic campaigner

Unlike him

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone here is forgetting how bad we were in 2012 - 11 years ago! We finished 14th.

Of the teams who finished below us in 2012 - Melbourne, Bulldogs, GWS and Gold Coast - 2 have since won premierships and 3 have made grand finals.

But you Port Adelaide supporters just demand too much!! Get real. This ain’t the SANFL

The funny thing about this 2012 nonsense is thinking what these guys were doing in 2012 ...

- Koch wouldn't have watched a single Port Adelaide game in 2012.

- Richardson would've been trying to get the date on the back of our guernsey changed to 1997.

- Hinkley was busy helping set up the amazing success that has been the SUNS as we began our 12 years and counting winning streak against them.

And here they are lecturing us about 2012. That's right, the supporters who were actually watching as we were beaten by GWS and Matthew Primus took that walk down to the rooms before resigning in tears days later. A coach who actually cared rather than some blow in whose goal is stability and collecting his millions and who will go back to supporting Geelong the moment he belatedly gets the ass.

I like how they silently take credit when it was the previous administration that got the ball rolling & put themselves on the block in the process.
Politics 101. Its just politicians taking credit for things, particularly past administrations.

What do you mean "go back to supporting Geelong"?
He's from a town an hour from Geelong. He played over 100 games, including their 3 GF losses, for them. He was also assistant coach in the drought breaking 2007 and subsequent 2009 premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back