Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That comment says to me that they expected to lose to Brisbane and Collingwood but beat the Crows.

So they get one up on their pessimistic forecast, throw it away against our local rival at our own home game, then say, "it's all good, we're still on track."

What a bunch of cucks.

Remember, Ollie said, “it was still a successful year in terms of win-loss” shortly after dipping his head to accept the Brownlow.

I don’t whether this stems from Hinkley, the Mindfulness Consultant, club spin doctors or groupthink from a leadership group helmed by Tom ‘here’s a picture of me skiing to help refute criticism of Ollie’s preseason wakeboarding injury!’ Jonas, but wowee.

Some fresh perspective is needed immediately before anyone else is infected with this garbage.

Why does anyone think winning a flag during covid was somehow less worthy. Last I counted there were still 18 teams trying to win the ******* thing.
You go to the G, infront of 100,000 people, and kick the shit outta a big Victorian team.

Your flag is looked at fondly by everyone.

Winning at the GABBA or Perth, or even worse, in Adelaide would be forever ignored. Let alone the stupid modified shorter games....

I was watching Breaking Bad last night for the umpteenth time and it struck me similar Hinkley is to Walter White. His cunningness and ability to evade any kind of genuine heat is very Heisenberg-esque. Hinkley is at the point now where he has killed Crazy-8, nearly killed Tuco Salamanca, and arranged for Gus Fring to die along with Hector Salamanca. At this point, Hinkley has Koch which is almost like his Hank Schrader and sooner or later Koch will threaten to bury him under the jail.

50,000 dumb campaigners rocked up last week.

1000s of fans flooded the online store for Guernseys

100s lined up outside all night for a second release.

You got yourselves to blame.

I went to last year or so Anzac game from memory. Nothing else since the Prelim screw up.

15,000 rock up each week. s**t will happen.

The way the board is atm, probably thinking, money rolling in, fantastic, wasn't before Hinkley...
Yes, Koch is basically about the $$$ and bottom line for the club.
He pats himself on the back for his ‘success’.
Problem is the cost cutting and ‘stability’ has decimated the football part of the club, you know, the actual reason we pay our membership and buy merchandise.
He has miscalculated.
We aren’t members to be carbon neutral or fo make our community proud, we are members to watch our team excel.

Last edited:
50,000 dumb campaigners rocked up last week.

1000s of fans flooded the online store for Guernseys

100s lined up outside all night for a second release.

You got yourselves to blame.

I went to last year or so Anzac game from memory. Nothing else since the Prelim screw up.

15,000 rock up each week. s**t will happen.

The way the board is atm, probably thinking, money rolling in, fantastic, wasn't before Hinkley...
Seemed a bit extreme when I first read it, but in essence I reckon you're right.

If enough people who are tired of Hinkley stinkleying things up, just boycotted going to games, they'd start to get the message pretty fast when attendances dropped by 10 or 20 thousand.

Seemed a bit extreme when I first read it, but in essence I reckon you're right.

If enough people who are tired of Hinkley stinkleying things up, just boycotted going to games, they'd start to get the message pretty fast when attendances dropped by 10 or 20 thousand.
I rocked up to every single game under the Primus era. He wasn't to blame. The clubs financials held us back. I wasn't going to compound that.

Right now.... That's not the same. I'd never advocate to stay home. This is one of the rare exceptions. Short term financial pain is needed to send a message.

Filling the coffers with a PB release does SFA

🤔 Kane been suckin up to ken for years.

Kane>>>>>>ken>>>>Glenelg>>>>>>>>> then maybe port.
There's no way he wouldn't, Ken's the same coach taht let Kane strut to 300 games and retire after round 5 in a season we had a lot to prove in. Any coach worth the ground he stands on would've said "nah mate, you're either ending it at 295 or you're here for the whole season". And now 8 years later we have Kane in the media, as notorious as anyone for how unreasonably harsh he can be on unsuspecting targets, cupping Ken's balls and using his place as the only Port person in the national footy media landscape to campaign about how harsh we all are on Ken. I mean ffs this bloke said Tredders is "kicking with the wind" for saying Hinkley needs to go, THERE'S A ****ING REASON THERE'S GALE FORCE WINDS SAYING KEN NEEDS TO ****ING GO! TREDDERS DIDN'T INVENT THAT FMD campaigner!!!!!

Worse thing about the Wines interview besides the negative mindset was the admission that teams had worked out how to defeat their gameplan, then in the same breath defending the coach whilst saying it wasnt his fault. He then says that they in effect will need to devise new strategies to overcome this. Basically he is saying that gameplan is failing whilst defending the architect, its just bizarre.

You go to the G, infront of 100,000 people, and kick the s**t outta a big Victorian team.

Your flag is looked at fondly by everyone.

Winning at the GABBA or Perth, or even worse, in Adelaide would be forever ignored. Let alone the stupid modified shorter games....
You can only beat what is infront of you.

Worse thing about the Wines interview besides the negative mindset was the admission that teams had worked out how to defeat their gameplan, then in the same breath defending the coach whilst saying it wasnt his fault. He then says that they in effect will need to devise new strategies to overcome this. Basically he is saying that gameplan is failing whilst defending the architect, its just bizarre.

You’d think after finishing 11th we would’ve already had this revelation re other teams working us out and perhaps hmm I dunno maybe done something about it over summer.

Nah!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

Port Adelaide vice-captain Ollie Wines has leapt to the defence of senior coach Ken Hinkley, saying it is unfair that he is already having to deal with speculation around his job just three games into the season.
Wines also says the players should be the ones copping it rather than Hinkley, and a 1-2 start to the season would have been expected by many when it comes to the Power.
After the Power lost to fierce rivals Adelaide in the Showdown by 31 points on Saturday night Port Adelaide’s only AFL premiership captain Warren Tredrea said Hinkley’s position at the club was “untenable”.
Hinkley is out of contract at the end of the season and he and the club have agreed to put off talks around his future until August.

I think he mispronounced 233 games.

Has ken come out and responded to Tredders comments or as we know he can't handle criticism and gets his cronies to do it for him.

I mean the guy couldn't even handle a sticker FFS. A gutless w***er of the highest order.
Lol ken wont say a thing. He will get asked directly and be like "ive been in footy a long time" then mumble something useless.

But Kens coaching better than ever.

This isn't the SANFL anymore m8...

Imagine Kutchie after a 5 goal loss to a dogsh¡t Torrens after getting obliterated by Norwood the week before,

“whoa whoa whoa, Ashley Porter. we expected to be 1-2 m8”

I was watching Breaking Bad last night for the umpteenth time and it struck me similar Hinkley is to Walter White. His cunningness and ability to evade any kind of genuine heat is very Heisenberg-esque. Hinkley is at the point now where he has killed Crazy-8, nearly killed Tuco Salamanca, and arranged for Gus Fring to die along with Hector Salamanca. At this point, Hinkley has Koch which is almost like his Hank Schrader and sooner or later Koch will threaten to bury him under the jail.
Walter white was an intelligent scientist. Ken Hinkley is a used car salesman - they are not the same

Has ken come out and responded to Tredders comments or as we know he can't handle criticism and gets his cronies to do it for him.

I mean the guy couldn't even handle a sticker FFS. A gutless w***er of the highest order.

The players have, Koch will
Tomorrow then Ken sometime soon, when Rucci asks him politely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back