Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You just know if Brisbane had won a Rucci propaganda article was ready to go and the true believers would have lapped it up “ Chris Fagan who has been under pressure shows what stability and sticking with the Senior Coach can do” Even though Brisbane were in worse shape when Fagan arrived compared to Port…. And he has coached for 7 years not 11… played finals 5 consecutive seasons and they have actually made a GF. But apart from that…..
Hell still write it anyway.

Just about making a GF instead of winning one.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

tzq1THCQpw-3.png

We finished the season by going 3-6 and they gave him a two year extension, after already being statistically the least successful coach ever.
It didn't matter how we finished the season because his two year extension was signed during the bye. The club was just waiting for a win in August to announce it.

Some of the thread titles on the Port board are bloody magical, well done all.

I'm passing through trying to find anything on Brynn Teakle, he looked AFL standard to me.
Dont play him as a ruck. I reckon he can play CHB - Billy Frampton style.

He was playing CHF for East Freo when we picked him up in the mid season draft and tried to turn him into a ruck as Sam Hayes stagnated in the SANFL as he doesnt have much of a tank to ruck all day.

I'm passing through trying to find anything on Brynn Teakle, he looked AFL standard to me.
m8 if you think what we have to say about Ken is harsh, I'd suggest not reading the Teakle thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard that Hinkley is well aware of the daddy donuts nickname and doesn’t like it one little bit
Many people called Rucci on his SEN show and used the term around the time we lost the showdown in Rd 3. He tried to stop callers/texters using it. He would of told Hinkley. He is so far up his arse he would have sent a message direct to his brain.

Last edited:
Ivan Clearly on what he wanted the culture of Penrith Panthers to be when he rejoined 5 years ago

" know we wanted to become a team that was consistent and reliable, something that our fans are proud of, definitely made a decision to like winning , was you know we had to win, um I mean that sounds obvious but we were sort of just tried to create that kind of environment that anything else was unacceptable"

Ports coach Ken hinkley "finals are a bit scary"

Last edited:

Teakle isn't a footballer. He's a headless chook.

He might show something eventually, I know our coaches had some good things to say about him - we simply played him way too early in his career, and with far better options available at the time we played him. This led to him putting in poor performances (but performances at the level you would expect at that stage), but also copping negativity as part of the larger problems with selection that have plagued the club for the past 11 years.

In short I still don't think he is a total write-off, but I wouldn't expect wonders from him at AFL level in 2024 (or probably 2025 either). Seems a good bloke so hope he proves me wrong though.

Have you actually seen him play?

He played one game where he looked AFL standard and broke his collar bone in the second quarter. Can't blame Kenny Hinkley though as he's had an entire list of potatoes thrust upon him.

Matthew Lobbe is Head of.Developmemt and ruck coach. We are handicapped.
Under Donuts' reign rucks have always been an issue. Lobbe had a great year 2014 under Shaun Rehn but Hinkley quickly put an end to that by getting rid of Rehn (ironically) because of his poor communication skills.
Ryder was proven when he came. Did he improve in our system? I think not. Lycett is meh.
Sammy in my eyes should have been a lead ruck for at least the last two years but there's always been nagging issues, fitness, follow up, versatility. (Their issues, not mine)
The lack of development within the programme of our talls is stark.

Last edited:
Ruck is the easiest position on the ground to fill. There's only 18 jobs going for professional rucks in the world. Everyone should have a good one.

Port: paid top dollar for a tandem ruckman, who is now a shuffling husk;

Collingwood: jettison their highest-paid player and resolve to give their good-solid backup a go;

Verdict: poor Kenny™ 😔

You can't have a senior coach who is scared of finals, that's by his own admission saying they're scary. That mentality filters down to the players and they play accordingly. It happened in the 2021 Preliminary Final disaster, and it showed its head again this year leading into the finals.

If Hinkley is scared of finals, he's in the wrong job. That's obvious to anyone with any basic knowledge of professional sport. You look at Craig McRae and Collingwood who have embraced the challenge of being the AFL's biggest club and the pressure that comes with it and compare it to us who shirk the issue when the pressure comes. The reason we can't compete when the heat comes in September is right there.

I can understand Hinkley being scared of finals with his playing and coaching resume. Lost two GF's, one of which Geelong were obliterated by West Coast. 3 losing preliminary finals as coach, and now a straight set exit as coach. No wonder he's scared of finals, his teams don't perform in them.

But he's the problem, his litany of excuses don't hold water. The problem we have at Port Adelaide is the chairman buys into Hinkley's excuses and is now the cheerleader for failure.

If anyone can't see that issue with the senior coach and continues to back him then they're happy to just exist in the AFL, and aren't worried about winning a Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back