Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After grand final weekend I am yet to talk to a port supporter who has any enthusiasm or excitement for next year..

We look miles off the pace of the top 2, probably another 3-4 will go past us as well.. all of this with the prospect of another 2 years of shitting the bed in finals if we actually make them..

Nice work kochie thanks for that..god I hope the afl take this moron off our hands
The thing is even if we do well in the minor round we don't get to enjoy it.

Just like this year every uninspiring win is just a meh.

When you know what is coming in finals time the minor round wins are meaningless. In fact they are annoying.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When you know what is coming in finals time the minor round wins are meaningless. In fact they are annoying.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should judge Ken on finals. Oh wait…

You generally need 13 wins in a season to guarantee playing finals. Whether you win 13 in a row or 13 spread over the season is irrelevant and is dependant on what opposition you play when. The home and away is all about qualifying for finals. Finals is when the serious stuff starts.

But we have "playing finals is overrated" and "playing finals is scary" Daddy Donuts coaching and David "just making finals is success" Koch in charge.

You generally need 13 wins in a season to guarantee playing finals. Whether you win 13 in a row or 13 spread over the season is irrelevant and is dependant on what opposition you play when. The home and away is all about qualifying for finals. Finals is when the serious stuff starts.

But we have "playing finals is overrated" and "playing finals is scary" Daddy Donuts coaching and David "just making finals is success" Koch in charge.
When you win them doesn't matter but who you beat ultimately does.

Wins in finals over the last 9 years: Ken Hinkley 2 wins. Michael Voss 2 wins. Adam Kingsley 2 wins. Voss and Kingsley started coaching within the last 2 years​

Pathetic Ken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't last a day working for Ken Hinkley Football Club I would be odds on to tell someone to get *ucked in the first hour. The rest of the day would be spent with HR.
Marcelo Bielsa (Argentine soccer coach), when he was a player, he asked to get out of a club after one day of practice:

The head coach doesn’t understand anything about soccer.

Its still a honeymoon period for Big Ange, but Hinkley would never get this type of support from Port fans. He does't get us to play the way we want to.

"Ken has reshaped our playing list several times across the last decade" - PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson, 16 August 2023

Only a club like Port Adelaide can dupe so many supporters every year with a template of messages

keep paying up

👇

View attachment 1818858
Matthew - truly great clubs are measured by premierships, not winning 13 minor round games in a row. Or has the Creed been revamped by Koch?

You don't even have to mention his record to know he isn't up to it. Just sit him and McRae side by side for 15 minutes and have them talk about football and you'll see it's a no contest. Heck, just get them to talk about anything and you'll probably pick it up. It's beyond belief that the people who run our club can't see this. It's what makes me think it's not actually incompetence but the more cynical 'we're just a little battler club, we can't expect to compete with Collingwood' mentality that is to blame.

Its funny how the expectations of Port Adelaide have changed over the course of this season.

Beginning of the season we were expected to compete by all and sundry.
End of the season we were told by all and sundry we were silly for thinking we’d compete.

…and now come the beginning of trade period suddenly we’re back in the window.

We Exist to be Gaslighted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back