Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Koch the least successful chairman in the history of the PAFC?
Yes. Problem is he's not behaving like a chairman. The chairman and the board should be striving for the club to win, to be the best and keep the leadership in the club accountable. We're at the point that David's ego has gotten in the way and so he is selfishly sticking fat rather than conceding change is needed.

I believe he would know full well that premierships are the only measure of succes and the club has failed under his watch. He just moves the goalposts for appearances. His ego comes first, before the club. Worst chairman in our history and the AFL by a mile.

It goes hand in glove with the idea the club is entertainment. A media product rather than something people deeply care about.
I can't believe that a guy whose claim to fame is as a buffoon on a morning TV show would think like that.

Can anyone confirm what the situation is with our debt. I have read some statements on this forum that we are projected to be debt free by 2025?

Is this really true?

If it is, are there any plans to relinquish AFL control and transition to a membership-led club, with a member appointed board and member elected President?

(Actually I know the answer. The real question is why aren't the current management making plans or even contemplating it? i.e. they seem oblivious to it.)

Yes. Problem is he's not behaving like a chairman. The chairman and the board should be striving for the club to win, to be the best and keep the leadership in the club accountable. We're at the point that David's ego has gotten in the way and so he is selfishly sticking fat rather than conceding change is needed.

I believe he would know full well that premierships are the only measure of succes and the club has failed under his watch. He just moves the goalposts for appearances. His ego comes first, before the club. Worst chairman in our history and the AFL by a mile.
Certainly not even remotely in the class of hard as nails, passionately Port to the bootstraps, but still visionaries - such as McLean, Webber, Boulton, et al, who did all in their power to make our club the greatest of all.

And **** anyone else who didn't like us. None of this cowtowing to please all, to the extent that we now are afraid to be *****y enough to be winners anymore!

You were either with us - or loathed us.

And that's how we liked it 😉

Certainly not even remotely in the class of hard as nails, passionately Port to the bootstraps, but still visionaries - such as McLean, Webber, Boulton, et al, who did all in their power to make our club the greatest of all.

And **** anyone else who didn't like us. None of this cowtowing to please all, to the extent that we now are afraid to be *****y enough to be winners anymore!

You were either with us - or loathed us.

And that's how we liked it 😉
But this is not the SANFL anymore…

100%.

He will come up with some random stat and the data, longer he'll fail, more obscure it will be.

Unfortunately suspect by the time he's done it will be something like "highest home attendance on Thursday nights when temperatures stayed under 12 degrees"

Can anyone confirm what the situation is with our debt. I have read some statements on this forum that we are projected to be debt free by 2025?

Is this really true?

If it is, are there any plans to relinquish AFL control and transition to a membership-led club, with a member appointed board and member elected President?

(Actually I know the answer. The real question is why aren't the current management making plans or even contemplating it? i.e. they seem oblivious to it.)

IIRC, the only time Koch was asked he scoffed it off and said it wasn't required because he's already the chairman.

I think the trigger point for us will be when the Crows get their board back in member hands in 2028. It'll be very hard to justify why the courtroom franchise is a real football club and 150+yo Port Adelaide isn't. Hopefully we have some of our heavy hitter past players ready to push hard.

IIRC, the only time Koch was asked he scoffed it off and said it wasn't required because he's already the chairman.

I think the trigger point for us will be when the Crows get their board back in member hands in 2028. It'll be very hard to justify why the courtroom franchise is a real football club and 150+yo Port Adelaide isn't. Hopefully we have some of our heavy hitter past players ready to push hard.
Seems a total pipedream right now. We would need a significant change in governance. All we have now is self involved parasites. None of them would condone having to stand for election.

The great unwashed should know that the board constructed at Kochies behest, know best.

Seems a total pipedream right now. We would need a significant change in governance. All we have now is self involved parasites. None of them would condone having to stand for election.

The great unwashed should know that the board constructed at Kochies behest, know best.

It's a pipe dream now. Maybe not forever though.

In 2028 when the Crows supporters cotton onto the fact that they can vote in their board and we can't (making them a more legitimate football club than we are), i'm very much hoping there will be enough public pressure to force the change.

We actually need Crows supporters to hang shit on us for this like nothing before it, and I certainly think they will, because i'll go on their board and tell them to. It needs to be a scandal. I'm long beyond worrying about embarrassment for the club, the club doesn't care. The only way we can avoid being repeatedly clowned by Koch and co is to get them out.

Certainly it's something that i'd hope we have the likes of Ginever, Tredrea, Fiacchi et al planning for, that 2028 date. It's even something I can see the pro-Hinkley types like Kornes being on the right side of because we're fundamentally in the right. It's crucial to everything we've fought for. The Prison Bars, sacking Hinkley, the Co-Captains, all of it. It's the final boss of fighting against our own club.

My guess is that Koch will retire rather than facing an election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I beg to differ (unless you're saying post 96 = not senior for PAFC?)
Apparently we've taken down our h onour roll on the club site, but Duncanson was chief in 99 https://australianfootball.com/clubs/honour_board/Port+Adelaide+Magpies/318

Apart from the PAMFC being a separate entity from 1997-2010, if counting the whole split-PAMFC era as the reunited PAFC’s, post-1996 they’re second tier premierships to the ‘senior/first tier AFL’.

That’s my read, anyway.

So Justin Westhoff became the first top flight PAFC 200 Gamer since 1870 to retire without a premiership, rather than Corey Ah Chee.

Was asked that just last week. All you can do is laugh.
I usually tell them that if you applied the same logic at the end of 2012 their beloved Kenny would never have got the job in the first place.

I realise I am just wasting my breath. :(

He's that close

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Apart from the PAMFC being a separate entity from 1997-2010, if counting the whole split-PAMFC era as the reunited PAFC’s, post-1996 they’re second tier premierships to the ‘senior/first tier AFL’.

That’s my read, anyway.

So Justin Westhoff became the first top flight PAFC 200 Gamer since 1870 to retire without a premiership, rather than Corey Ah Chee.
Fair. and on reflection there's a chance Dunco was made pres at a 1999 AGM which would've been post-flag.

Still, Kochies record is the same as the regime he hangs shit on

Was asked that just last week. All you can do is laugh.
You can literally throw Macrae, Voss and Kingsley at them. Three "who else would you get" kind of guys that have turned their respective clubs around, literally in the past 12 months or so and it's not good enough. Nothing short of digging up Norm Smith, extracting his DNA and cloning him Jurassic Park style will be a good enough replacement for Kenny in their eyes.

You can literally throw Macrae, Voss and Kingsley at them. Three "who else would you get" kind of guys that have turned their respective clubs around, literally in the past 12 months or so and it's not good enough. Nothing short of digging up Norm Smith, extracting his DNA and cloning him Jurassic Park style will be a good enough replacement for Kenny in their eyes.

Haha, yes. The funny is, if we’d answered “Kingsley” 12-18 months ago they’d have only my opinion’d us into oblivion.

Haha, yes. The funny is, if we’d answered “Kingsley” 12-18 months ago they’d have only my opinion’d us into oblivion.
deepimpact_big_wave.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

First 5 games in 2022 : 0-5
Middle 11 games 2022 : 8-3
Last 6 games 2022, first 3 games 2023 : 3-6
Middle 13 games 2023 : 13-0
Last 9 games 2023 : 3-6

On paper that's almost a pass, but the inability to either prepare in the pre-season, or run out a full season doesn't scream renewal.

Presumably because our football analyst is also a Hinkley, these statistics get hidden from the happy clappers on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back