Remove this Banner Ad

Worldheroxx

Team Captain
Suspended
Dec 20, 2008
south america
AFL Club
West Coast
Is anyone else surprised the saints are $3.50 to beat the cats? To me it seems closer to an even money bet. Their form hasn't been great lately which has pushed out the price but it will mean nothing once the final starts, and usually when teams have a bit of a lull before the finals it bodes well for them EG geelong last year

I think Geelong deserve to be favourites, but the odds have really ballooned out to a pretty ridiculous margin in my opinion, considering we've won 2 out of the last 3.

Well worth a bet at those odds, with likely wet weather also, and no Pods (although he hasn't had a kick against a top side anyway).

I'd take them straight out and with the line (which should be 30+ at that price).

There are some pretty good odds on Freo this weekend too...I like them at $8 over 40 points

Maybe the Ins for Geelong compared to the last time we played - and got beaten - might be swaying the punters.

Mooney played his first game back after a few weeks out - Scarlett played his first game back after a long spell and was underdone. Add the Ins this time around of Ottens - Corey - Hawkins - Chapman - Kelly.

Saints were without Reiwoldt (who Taylor has beaten the last few occasions) and Gram.

Strange odds in my opinion ? Saints by under 40 pts is a great value bet I reckon.

As has been said elsewhere.
Those prices are just a reflection of the premiership betting.
Therefor the cats have to be short.

It's not a true reflection of the tightness of this game.

If you are a saints supporter you'd have to back them.

The guy that apparently had 100k @ $5 on the flag should be doubling up here

That's good value. I think the Saints will win, their gameplan holds up very well against Geelong, they've won the last 2 H&A matches and only lost the GF by a goal after leading all game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

probably gonna chuck money on the saints and the dogs, i think the saints will get up, hoping so anyway..

lol at people saying 3.50 are really good odds, I won't bother backing a horse a 3.50 because its 2 short.

i want to go back in time and read this again so i can get that magnificent care free laughing fit i just had back. man that was good

Mentioned it in a differnet post that we are way over the odds espicially the line at +18.5 on sportsbet considerng it will be wet. As tempting as it is i dont like putting money on my team when there is already so much to lose from the match.

lol at people saying 3.50 are really good odds, I won't bother backing a horse a 3.50 because its 2 short.

You are some cluey punter man.

Do you understand the difference between a footy game (2 participants) and a horse race (multiple participants)? $3.50 is shortish in racing terms, it is long odds in footy terms.

It is long odds if you consider Saints have beaten Cats 3 of last 4 (inc. NAB Cup which I know means not much) and the one loss we probably should have won.

Cats should be faves but I would expect the game to start much tighter in the betting than it is now.

Decent odds, $10 gets you $35 for a game about 54:46 in Geelongs favour.

Watch odds drop on Thursday if Jack Steven (kicked 3 goals againts geelong round 13) gets back into the side;););)

I think you are all forgetting the September factor.

September Cats are not the same as H&A Cats.

The Cats have won 8 out of their last 9 finals. Their season starts in September and this has been their mindset for the last 3 years. They are primed and ready and their whole season has been about preparing for this month of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints at $3.50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back