2nds SANFL Mini Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pritty sure Seb Packer was added to the Crows list at the end of 1991 to be available for play in the 1992 season as a predraft concession pick, the same way we were able to list Mark Ricciuto.

He wasn't drafted or have a draft round or number that i could fine and he wasn't on the crows first list. I can only assume the was a concession pick in either 91 or 92.

I thought the inaugural squad had to have at least two representatives from each club? I vaguely recall Bickley listing that as the reason he was given a go at all. Or was that only on the full squad but not the trimmed down version?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I cannot remember reading anything like that. It is common knowladge now that Mark Bickley was the last player added to the inaugural list but I don't think they would have imposed a rule that would have made them have 2 players from every SANFL club. I'd suggest that it was for the summer training squad of 70 odd players.

It would be interesting if you could find a link to some literature on the first squad.

Nah, sanderson was 16 years old when the Crows started training. Definitely wasn't there from the beginning. I think we had 10 concession picks or something after we started (not including our initial list).

So was Ben Hart. Rules regarding age was different in 91/92.

We could list 5 in 91 - Sanderson, hart, Matthew Kelly, Peter turner and Grant Tanner (who went onto at a few games at Geelong)

92 - Ricciuto, packer, and 3 others.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I cannot remember reading anything like that. It is common knowladge now that Mark Bickley was the last player added to the inaugural list but I don't think they would have imposed a rule that would have made them have 2 players from every SANFL club. I'd suggest that it was for the summer training squad of 70 odd players.

It would be interesting if you could find a link to some literature on the first squad.

I suspect it was for the 70 players, you're probably right.

I believe he was one of the last selected there too (though they weren't done in any kind of recognised order - just he was a bit of an afterthought) but again I'm only going on memory. It's been years since I read his autobiography and I don't own it, I borrowed it from the library years back.

So was Ben Hart. Rules regarding age was different in 91/92.

We could list 5 in 91 - Sanderson, hart, Matthew Kelly, Peter turner and Grant Tanner (who went onto at a few games at Geelong)

92 - Ricciuto, packer, and 3 others.

This is stretching the memory..I think the concession was 10 previously undrafted SA boys were allowed to be picked up by the Crows before the 1992 season. Pretty sure it wasnt 5+5 over 2 years.

This was one of cornes better successes with players like Modra, , Wellman also added to some of the names above - Packer, Turner, Roo, Sanderson, Hart. Perhaps Randell Bone and Chris Groome also. I think M Kelly wasn't part of this list and was in the initital squad of 52.

Macca19 has a good memory of is period I believe

I thought they train with their SANFL clubs once a week? My mistake

they train friday nights unless the power / crows ask them not to but the still have too attend the player meeting on that night plus in finals they are released for all nights if the sanfl team makes the finals and the afl team doesnt

they train friday nights unless the power / crows ask them not to but the still have too attend the player meeting on that night plus in finals they are released for all nights if the sanfl team makes the finals and the afl team doesnt

There you go:thumbsu: So I think iit is fair to say Crouch will be spending a bit of time with Collins this year... He will be a busy boy:)

I thought I read on the AFC site the he would be doing all of his training with the Crows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds SANFL Mini Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back