Mega Thread Senior Coach Discussion - Neeld v the alternatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some info from a SAUCE.

Apparently the players hate Neeld for the Beamer episode. Would explain why he is determined to overhaul more than half the list.

Could be bullshit but this person has no reason to lie to me and he does have weekly convos with some of the board.
Would not surprise me in the least. Say it's true though, what does the club do? When the players told the club Schwab & Cuddles were sticking their noses in where they didn't belong, the club didn't listen. IF it's true about Beamer then Neeld's position is untenable but then there's the possible perception they're giving into player power by getting rid of him. Having said that he's doing a great job of digging his own grave anyway. Making 2 youngsters co-captains certainly doesn't look like decision made on merit - if it was then you'd back them to show leadership on the field to help dig us out of this mess but they have not performed their roles in that regard because they don't have the skills to do so yet. Making them captains smacks of screw the old regime, I'm choosing my own people for the sake of it.

Got some info from a SAUCE.

Apparently the players hate Neeld for the Beamer episode. Would explain why he is determined to overhaul more than half the list.

Could be bullshit but this person has no reason to lie to me and he does have weekly convos with some of the board.
Did your source say which players?

I find it very difficult to believe that there are many players left on the list that would give a shit about what happened to Beamer...

I find it very difficult to believe that there are many players left on the list that would give a shit about what happened to Beamer...

Given the state of our midfield you'd think the forwards would've been up in arms about it. You know you're in a bad place when people start pining for Brent Moloney's delivery into the 50...

PJ staying on until end 2014 (at least) is really great news.

Really wish the board had made a decision on Neeld though (one way or the other) and taken a position to stand by. I guess Jackson's recommendation was to continue with Neeld and reassess at some point in the not to distant future.
Maybe Jackson hasn't finished his review yet. While I'm all for sacking Neeld eventually it would be pointless to have Jackson on board and give Neeld the boot & not let Jackson do his job properly. It might not seem like it in the midst of all these canings but we actually have time to think our way through this as a club & make decisons with full information at hand.

Didn't name anyone and did not say every player. I probably should have said that. I think we can hazard a guess at which guys it would be.

I'm really getting sick of the shit I hear about our players attitude towards various members of MFC staff. They sound like a bunch of sooks.

Didn't name anyone and did not say every player. I probably should have said that. I think we can hazard a guess at which guys it would be.

I'm really getting sick of the shit I hear about our players attitude towards various members of MFC staff. They sound like a bunch of sooks.
I agree. But I think we got rid of a lot of the leading sooks last year and the year before. And we do need to keep in mind that most (not saying in this case) of the time that you hear these rumours they are either heavily exaggerated or complete BS.

Just for interest sake, anybody care to nominate players still on the list that they think might be dissenting?

I honestly struggle to find many, I would have said Sylvia and Davey last year but I no longer believe that. Possibilities in my mind include Jamar, Frawley, maybe Dunn, maybe McKenzie?

I agree. But I think we got rid of a lot of the leading sooks last year and the year before. And we do need to keep in mind that most (not saying in this case) of the time that you hear these rumours they are either heavily exaggerated or complete BS.

Just for interest sake, anybody care to nominate players still on the list that they think might be dissenting?

I honestly struggle to find many, I would have said Sylvia and Davey last year but I no longer believe that. Possibilities in my mind include Jamar, Frawley, maybe Dunn, maybe McKenzie?

Pretty much who you said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be anyone really. After he left everyone was quick to cast him as a selfish knob & an unskilled hack but Beamer was damn good in 2011 & he did a bit of work with the younger players too & would likely have had a fair bit of respect in the playing group. Anyway, he's gone now & you'd think players would have moved on from that. If there was any Neeld related dissent, you'd think it was just because of the way Neeld goes about things.

Yeah they will turn a sentence into 1000 words. It's quite amusing the football media at the moment. I mean can it get anymore out of control?

Hmm.

He's safe for another day so I'll put away my axe for now.

Our best bet is that he actually believes his own spin, and this is a kick in the arse to show that his performance isn't good enough and that his job is truly on the line.

I wish they would just come and say either a) we will back him till the end of the season then re-evaluate b) we will back him till the end of his contract. give us something!

I suppose it's a 'he has one more chance to turn this ship around and show he knows how to coach".

When I was at the infamous Geelong 186 game, I remember thinking that if it was ever revealed that the players weren't trying that day, or any day, I would go down to training and give them a f'n mouth full. That thought still remains today. There is no excuse for a player not putting in effort. None. Maybe if the coach has slept with a players wife, or something to that extreme. But besides that it can never be the tail wagging the dog.

I have a bad feeling we still have some players in our side purposely taking their foot off the pedal. I have my suspicions as to who, but if I/we get verification, these players need to be publicly named, shamed and never allowed back near the club. These guys are earning thousands upon thousands of dollars to play a sport many of us find a hobby/luxury. If you're not happy at the club, leave at the appropriate time and/or go through the proper channels. Never, ever, disrespect the club or the fans by not trying. Just give me the proper verification and I'll be down there.

I've had it since 186. It comes and goes sometimes...

Looking at some of Dunn's efforts against Bruest last weekend...

But then again we're talking about Dunn here. He was 'raised' during the era of non competitiveness and poor work ethic. It probably isn't deliberate that he trails his man by 10m and fails to react

Pretty much who you said.

IF this is the case and IF the board are aware of this, those players should be stood down with immediate effect

I'm sick of the tail wagging the dog at Melbourne, it's been that way for decades

If they disrespected their company / boss in an every day job, they'd be out on their arse

IF this is the case and IF the board are aware of this, those players should be stood down with immediate effect

I'm sick of the tail wagging the dog at Melbourne, it's been that way for decades

If they disrespected their company / boss in an every day job, they'd be out on their arse

I think there will be some more "trades" at the years end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back