Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker is going to cost more. Feels like it's not structured right where WC arent dropping down without keeping a top 10 pick (but are under paying) but then we are doing this on non-final draft positions. Going off my totally unbias ladder predictor

RICH OUT: Bolton, Baker
RICH IN: 3, 15

WCE IN: 8, Baker
WCE OUT: 3

FREO OUT: 8, 15
FREO IN: Bolton

I think that's an overpay for Bolton personally and would hope Freo get some salary paid for this much, think WC shouldnt be moving down the order and think if Richmond are open to losing Bolton, they should pay Baker more and try to keep him. But that's just me
Bolton is a cheap buy for freo at these 2 picks mate i think your freo Bias in play here

I asked this question before but would you even let Young for these picks or a 26 year old Walters ?

Shai is a super star and match winner

Baker is going to cost more. Feels like it's not structured right where WC arent dropping down without keeping a top 10 pick (but are under paying) but then we are doing this on non-final draft positions. Going off my totally unbias ladder predictor

RICH OUT: Bolton, Baker
RICH IN: 3, 15

WCE IN: 8, Baker
WCE OUT: 3

FREO OUT: 8, 15
FREO IN: Bolton

I think that's an overpay for Bolton personally and would hope Freo get some salary paid for this much, think WC shouldnt be moving down the order and think if Richmond are open to losing Bolton, they should pay Baker more and try to keep him. But that's just me
There’s no way we’re dropping out of the top 3 to 8 (10-12) for Liam Baker. Hoping he re-signs for the tigers soon and we can leave it to you guys to duke it out for Bolton.

You have to be realistic here
If you were to trade #3 the chances are you only get 12 +13 but in your scenario you get Baker for free
I think we’d trade 3 to GCS for 8 and 10, I don’t think we’d trade 3 to Freo for 12 and 13.

Bolton is a cheap buy for freo at these 2 picks mate i think your freo Bias in play here

I asked this question before but would you even let Young for these picks or a 26 year old Walters ?

He also has negatives and isnt always a match winner. Not many players go for a top 10 pick and another late first on top, with nothing back. That's a very large haul. It all depends on the approach to the trade, if Richmond arent letting him go without extortion, I hope the club isnt interested. There's too many intangibles involed to compare to Young but that would be a fair price if he was 26.

A perfect comparison is Neale, who we lost in contract while effectively rebuilding and we lost for 6, 19 and 55 while giving back 30.

There’s no way we’re dropping out of the top 3 to 8 (10-12) for Liam Baker. Hoping he re-signs for the tigers soon and we can leave it to you guys to duke it out for Bolton.
I 100% agree but didnt start the spitballing. I've said many times that I dont understand why WC are chasing Baker, it's a silly idea unless they believe they are significantly further along in a rebuild than everyone else thinks.

He also has negatives and isnt always a match winner. Not many players go for a top 10 pick and another late first on top, with nothing back. That's a very large haul. It all depends on the approach to the trade, if Richmond arent letting him go without extortion, I hope the club isnt interested. There's too many intangibles involed to compare to Young but that would be a fair price if he was 26.

A perfect comparison is Neale, who we lost in contract while effectively rebuilding and we lost for 6, 19 and 55 while giving back 30.
Let me ask you this what would you have expected for a 26 year old Walters ?
In a good team shai lights it up and destoys teams foward and midfield - We have seen it many times

Shai is easily worth a top 3 pick this year but the 2 picks you mention dont get pick #3

Gold Coast wont trade these picks to the eagles
They are trading them to Richmond ;)

Now freo and Eagles - get into the cot
Not according to Caroline Wilson (not that that means jackshit). They’ll want high picks next year for their NGAs or possibly this year to get ahead of Lombard.

Yes and we can give them all the late picks they want for points
They don’t need points, they have them already. They’ll want to transfer their picks to next year were they will need a shittonne of points and whatever else Laura cooks up or trade up for your pick #2 or our pick #3 before a Lombard bid. Or players like Bolton and Rioli, late picks are useless for them this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don’t need points, they have them already. They’ll want to transfer their picks to next year were they will need a shittonne of points and whatever else Laura cooks up or trade up for your pick #2 or our pick #3 before a Lombard bid. Or players like Bolton and Rioli, late picks are useless for them this year.
They Certainly dont need another 18 year old kid at pick #3

Let me ask you this what would you have expected for a 26 year old Walters ?
In a good team shai lights it up and destoys teams foward and midfield - We have seen it many times

Shai is easily worth a top 3 pick this year but the 2 picks you mention dont get pick #3
I dont think he's easily worth a top 3 pick because he's not consistent enough though I understand that's not probably popular with Richmond supporters. For 26 year old Walters, 8 and 15 is perfectly fair. The contract status makes it all difficult to do comparisons but 8 and 15 is reasonable for Walters at 26.

I suppose, I'll relent and say Richmond would want 8 and 15 with no money paid. It makes me uncomfortable but not outraged so probably close. Doubt many Freo posters would be happy with it.

I do think Richmond wont pick up the phone unless there is a top 10 pick involved. For whatever Freo do, one of our teams missing the 8 makes everything a lot easier

I think every single club will find room on their list for the #3 draft pick, no matter who they are, every single year.
GC are a different kettle of fish

They have more top end kids they know what to do with and they will all look to get out if no success
Picks dont mean jack and they toss them out for nothing (Bowes + #7)
#2 - Weller the list goes on

This year they have Lombard next year another 3 more academy kids along with 4 last year
Dimma wants results and needs mature players to lead the way
You guys even got #19 with that Brodie you have in the reserves

They really dont value picks as they have been drowned in them

You letting Bolton go is banking on the fact that Tigers acknowledge the rebuild though

If the Tigers don't want to do that then this is an open/shut case, it won't happen.

Basically, if Richmond genuinely think they'll challenge in the next 5 years while Bolton is still around then wrap this thread up. Hopefully for your sake, (and ours a bit lol) your list manager acknowledges it will take longer or require some aggressive list moves.

I dont think he's easily worth a top 3 pick because he's not consistent enough though I understand that's not probably popular with Richmond supporters. For 26 year old Walters, 8 and 15 is perfectly fair. The contract status makes it all difficult to do comparisons but 8 and 15 is reasonable for Walters at 26.

I suppose, I'll relent and say Richmond would want 8 and 15 with no money paid. It makes me uncomfortable but not outraged so probably close. Doubt many Freo posters would be happy with it.

I do think Richmond wont pick up the phone unless there is a top 10 pick involved. For whatever Freo do, one of our teams missing the 8 makes everything a lot easier
Walter ok for #8 + #15 but Freo demanded #2 for Weller #7 + 2nd rounder for Cerra ?
and i remember the Cerra thread and most freo supporters were wanting carltons first born

What player do you get at pick #3 ? Shai is a known gun in a top team and could mean a premiership for fremantle
#3 is his value if he was up for trade

Richmond have already shut it down

Freo would have to come up with an offer too good to refuse

Think - Weller
I don't see how 8 and 15 is much different to Weller?

Last trade we have similar was WCE trading out of #2 for picks 8 and 12 (There was some other picks thrown about by WCE too, hard to judge the full picture)

Then with Weller we gave GC something back for #2 IIRC

so 8 and 15 already meets your Weller criteria?

Walter ok for #8 + #15 but Freo demanded #2 for Weller #7 + 2nd rounder for Cerra ?
and i remember the Cerra thread and most freo supporters were wanting carltons first born

What player do you get at pick #3 ? Shai is a known gun in a top team and could mean a premiership for fremantle
#3 is his value if he was up for trade

Pick #2 for Weller was because it was the best pick they had, same for Carlton with Cerra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back