Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (8) released 16/7

Season (2) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)

TBC (2) :
• Callum Jamieson (Knee) - No change
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle) - New

Short Term (2) :
• R20-21 Jeremy McGovern (Rib/Lung) - 1-2 weeks (Was 1 week)
• R20-21 Liam Duggan - 1-2 weeks (New)

Test (2) :
• Matt Flynn (Ankle) - No change
Jake Waterman (Knee) - New

Jack Petruccelle has been removed from the injury list having recovered from his hamstring injury and is available for selection

Gavin Bell just said on SEN that they’ve found an issue with Hewett over the weekend that will prevent him from playing this weekend

Didn’t say what it was but did say it was unrelated to his foot issue

More to come in todays injury report apparently

He has an injury and won’t play this weekend but wouldn’t say what to except it’s not related to where his foot op was.

Will be in tonight’s injury report apparently

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He has an injury and won’t play this weekend but wouldn’t say what to except it’s not related to where his foot op was.

Will be in tonight’s injury report apparently

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

giphy.gif

IS.ANYONE.ACTUALLY.SURPRISED.

Gavin Bell just said on SEN that they’ve found an issue with Hewett over the weekend that will prevent him from playing this weekend

Didn’t say what it was but did say it was unrelated to his foot issue

More to come in todays injury report apparently

Honestly, once they announced he was gonna miss 12+ weeks with the foot surgery at the start of the season I pretty much wrote him off for the year. I'm sure dangling the carrot of a game at the end of the season would be a good motivator for him, but I'd rather they just get him right for next year.

Hewett has developed some minor bone stress in his foot, separate to the area he underwent surgery on in March to remove an issue with his sesamoids.

The dynamic 20-year-old midfielder will require a period off legs which will preclude him from playing football for the remainder of the campaign.

“Elijah had a big return-to-play session last Thursday and had a really good session. Unfortunately, he had a bit of foot awareness post-session, so we did some investigation,” High Performance Manager Mat Inness told westcoasteagles.com.au.

“There’s low-level bone stress, which is not in the same spot as he had his original injury.

“With the time of the year, long-term athlete, we don’t want to take any risks with him so we’re going to take him off legs for a couple of weeks."

Elijah Hewett - Foot - Season
Noah Long - Knee - Season
Cal Jamieson - Knee - TBC

Jeremy McGovern - Ribs/Lung - 1 week
Jack Petruccelle - Hamstring - 1 week

Matt Flynn - Ankle - Test
Dom Sheed - Hamstring - Test

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always thought we weren't gonna see Hewett again until next year anyway. I'll still keep the faith in him, I remember Shuey could barely get on the park his first couple years and ended up coming good.

We seem to have a competent strength and conditioning team this year so I'll keep the faith. It's not like we're pushing for a finals spot or anything.

The longer Hewett is out the bigger his legend will grow. It's already at pretty crazy levels considering the number of games played and injury history. By the time he is fit this board will be expecting peak Judd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back