Phantom Draft Snoops Annual Mock Draft..

Remove this Banner Ad

As Royal Eagle will tell you I am a Brookes fan and would think he is a def rookie chance. Bit surprised the other WA posters don't have v high. Just seems a smart clever fwd.

Will this be updated now that NM have said they will be hte only club using their compo pick??

Coz that will change the entire draft ordering and possibly which players clubs decide to take!

Will this be updated now that NM have said they will be hte only club using their compo pick??

Coz that will change the entire draft ordering and possibly which players clubs decide to take!

yeah i will probably do some re-adjusting this week but as fate has it it is the Karnezis pick which goes and I am going to drop him down anyway so it may not make to many changes anyway. I am pretty sure of the player I am going to drop out. Might be one or two I want to bring in as well.

Top stuff Snoop great work. Ive also seen a bit of the WA boys definitely think Sweet and Brookes are worth a pick love their work. Also hoping chalwell can jump up the order a bit and go in about round 3 and pushing round 2. Will also be interesting to see where Cam Bruce will end up. One of my favourites but is getting on a bit, wonder if he will generate much interest.

Top stuff Snoop great work. Ive also seen a bit of the WA boys definitely think Sweet and Brookes are worth a pick love their work. Also hoping chalwell can jump up the order a bit and go in about round 3 and pushing round 2. Will also be interesting to see where Cam Bruce will end up. One of my favourites but is getting on a bit, wonder if he will generate much interest.

Thx pal
How do you rate the WA talls of Hamp, Chalwell and Menagola.

Thx pal
How do you rate the WA talls of Hamp, Chalwell and Menagola.

Really rate Chalwell i think he can surprise a few people in the draft and i don't mind Menagola either. Don't know too much about Hamp but from what ive seen he looks ok nothing too special. I see you have anton first but i'd have tyler with the other two not far behind.

Really rate Chalwell i think he can surprise a few people in the draft and i don't mind Menagola either. Don't know too much about Hamp but from what ive seen he looks ok nothing too special. I see you have anton first but i'd have tyler with the other two not far behind.

Knock out agree 100%

couple of the WA mids I struggled with were:

Butcher - Reminds me of Mark Hutching from last year. I just worry his skills arent quite as good as they should be

Elari - seems to have had a good year but the height must be an issue albeit was lightning quick.

Black - talked about heavily at the start of the year so went to Champs very keen to see him and whilst I think he was carrying an injury doesnt appear to be on the radar. Personally I think he would be better going WAFL for a year or two.

Adreoli - I like him but I dont rate him as highly as others. Good pace but not elite, kicking good but not elite and can just cough it up a bit at times.

Also keen on where Shadbolt, Phillips and Sweet as mature agers would rank for you

Hey snoop.

What can you tell me about Jordan Schroder?

What position does he play, what type of player is he? tank? skills?

Thanks mate, love your work as always..

PS: There will be a few players coming your way that I would love to hear your opinion of ;)

About to do a write up on him in the Phantom Draft as I just selected him. I didnt have him originally but when I update this over the next few days he will go in.

Midfielder with the Cannons who stands about 180cm and is already a fairly solid kid. Plays midfield and as importantly has the ability to go fwd and hurt offensively. Very aggressive so can win his own ball but equally adept being a receiver. Foot and hand skills are both very good and one of the things you notice is he weights his kicks well which as an old fwd is something I always look for in midfielders (Melksham one of the best I have ever seen at this). He is a bit 'meat and potatoes' but they are very good 'meat and potatoes' and every club needs them. I would think of a guy like Jim Bartel....big shoes to fill but it is that type of player.

Go the AFL website - they probably have some vision of him I would think.

Hope that helps.

Draft Range: 60 - Rookie

Not sure what your process is, but I would love to hear your thoughts on Faulks and Mzungu, and where they may have sat in the draft.

Myzunga I actually had in my mock goign to Freo at #53 (?) so I think that is about the pick they traded for him if memory serves.

Faulks I thought was more likely a mature age rookie. Bc of his size his best footy was always going to be 4-5 years from draft date and that is what Freo are now getting.

Myzunga I actually had in my mock goign to Freo at #53 (?) so I think that is about the pick they traded for him if memory serves.

Faulks I thought was more likely a mature age rookie. Bc of his size his best footy was always going to be 4-5 years from draft date and that is what Freo are now getting.

Cheers. Both were upgraded pick swaps with GCS, not straight up pick 58 eg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling that Mzungu would have been taken a little higher than 53 in the draft. He almost had a better year than Liam Anthony did when North recruited him. I would have had him in the 30-50 range, he has all the tools to make it at AFL level.

I think Faulks may have slipped into the rookie draft, but the Dockers have the ability to add him to their list earlier and start his preseason now, huge advantage. I would not be shocked to see the kid playing AFL before the end of the season. He has the speed and spoiling skills, just needs to build a frame and hope he is not like Notte in that regards.

I have a feeling that Mzungu would have been taken a little higher than 53 in the draft. He almost had a better year than Liam Anthony did when North recruited him. I would have had him in the 30-50 range, he has all the tools to make it at AFL level.

I think Faulks may have slipped into the rookie draft, but the Dockers have the ability to add him to their list earlier and start his preseason now, huge advantage. I would not be shocked to see the kid playing AFL before the end of the season. He has the speed and spoiling skills, just needs to build a frame and hope he is not like Notte in that regards.

Mzungu I think will be seen as a steal for the Dockers, considering last year was the first time he put in a preseason instead of playing cricket over the summer, thus his improvement. With an AFL preseason behind him he will definitely improve, he has a good attitude.

I think Faulks will be close to our starting side in 2011.

Freo got these players for next to nothing in the trading period. :D

Thanks for your responses.

Tarquin, the pre-season is a nice bonus for these players, but it sounds to me that the weight issue for Faulks would more determine his position. That is, if he cam bulk up he can become KPP. If not, 3rd tall.

Re Notte, do you see him being rookied.

Mzungu I think will be seen as a steal for the Dockers, considering last year was the first time he put in a preseason instead of playing cricket over the summer, thus his improvement. With an AFL preseason behind him he will definitely improve, he has a good attitude.

I think Faulks will be close to our starting side in 2011.

Freo got these players for next to nothing in the trading period. :D

Not really, you could probably just drafted them anyway with picks you wont be using now. The certainty of knowing you would get them (ie for planning purposes) and also the extra preseason is the main benefit.

Not really, you could probably just drafted them anyway with picks you wont be using now. The certainty of knowing you would get them (ie for planning purposes) and also the extra preseason is the main benefit.

I am not sure that is the case with Mzungu. Faulks may have lasted to 5th round but its better to have them tucked away and work on the first 3-4 rounds.

Where did she say it?

twitter:

Emma Quayle said:
Reece Conca, WA onballer, is shooting up the draft order. He's another big chance to Richmond @ 6. Told you it wasn't settled!

The thing to remember about this draft is that there could be a couple of players picked higher than what seems right, or usual......

.... this is because if they really like someone, they won't get them with their second pick. Could affect the order a bit.

yeah as we all know a lot changes in the last week. I am going to be updating my order today but to honest most will change in the back half.

I'm finding it hard to really get my head around this draft. I think there is around 35ish players which have a strong chance to become AFL players, then after that point, it is slowly becoming line ball calls.

Typically I am struggling to decide on the talls and where they rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft Snoops Annual Mock Draft..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back