St Kilda vs Fremantle,4:40pm at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints are a team I used to like but since their football dept dropped the ball with Ross Lyon there are alot of moron supporters coming out of the woodwork.

Like to see them get fligged most weeks these days.

Saints are a team I used to like but since their football dept dropped the ball with Ross Lyon there are alot of moron supporters coming out of the woodwork.

That's funny because I used to like freo until they started winning and 'alot of moron supporters' came out of the woodwork, seriously they're everywhere and as bad as Eagles supporters, who was the reason I preferred freo. It's hard living in WA these days.

Pretty dominant win for Freo without their star player against a team that has had the wood over them.

Saints fans were pretty confident going in to this one and despite some junk time goals when Freo had put the cue in the rack, they were destroyed.

Good performance from Montagna, though. Still going strong.

Why would he be in trouble? He tried to jump over the guy, was clearly brought forward by his own momentum. Surely the MRP wouldn't be so stupid as to think he did it on purpose when his near-career ending injury was caused by a similar impact.

Solely because the match review panel have a long and proud tradition of making incredibly stupid decisions.

Pretty dominant win for Freo without their star player against a team that has had the wood over them.

Saints fans were pretty confident going in to this one and despite some junk time goals when Freo had put the cue in the rack, they were destroyed.

I'm glad we didn't lose by 12 goals like your mob did

yes it somehow the clubs the fault that Lyon dealt behind our clubs back and his managers (who we were negotiating with)

We went through official channels like every other contract extension for any coach in world sports. Lyon was just sneaky

A few people hating on the Saints because we still have influential older guys. Truth is, we are only half way through our rebuild, we've had two cracking drafts the last two years but Richo said himself before the match today that we are another two drafts away from building the list he wants.

We are being patient and are pretty happy with the way things are going. The fact that our kids still have Roo and Joey and the likes to learn from will only be beneficial for them in the long run. By the time these guys are ready to hang up the boots Billings, Dunstan, McCartin, Goddard etc. will have close to 4 years of footy under their belt and ready to take the mantle.

We still have some work to do on our list, another key defender and a few polished outside runners, but we'll have a couple more years of going hard at the draft and a butt load of salary cap space to work with. Some people love kicking clubs when they are down, but really we couldn't have done too much better than we have over the last two years.

yes it somehow the clubs the fault that Lyon dealt behind our clubs back and his managers (who we were negotiating with)

We went through official channels like every other contract extension for any coach in world sports. Lyon was just sneaky

"Official channels" .. what world do you live in! St Kilda didn't offer one of the best coaches in the game a decent contract, Freo did and he took it. Fairly straightforward business process. You need to get over it, your club's probably on the right track now, certainly the coach seems to know what he's doing.

I do not no one Saints fan that was actually confident about this game? We might have had a bit of a laugh about having the wood over them (an amazing game from is last year and the game where we played a WAFL side) but that loss was expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not no one Saints fan that was actually confident about this game? We might have had a bit of a laugh about having the wood over them (an amazing game from is last year and the game where we played a WAFL side) but that loss was expected.
Some people are actually dumb enough to really believe that some of us were genuinely tipping a 10+ goal win.

"Official channels" .. what world do you live in! St Kilda didn't offer one of the best coaches in the game a decent contract, Freo did and he took it. Fairly straightforward business process. You need to get over it, your club's probably on the right track now, certainly the coach seems to know what he's doing.
Negotiating with someones manager is not Official channels now?

We were offering him a pretty good contract of 4 years with good coin.

I think you sir are crazy

Lol what, st kilda was negotiating with a man who still had a year on his contract. While he blindsided the club with secret meetings. If he had told the club he was fielding offers then maybe you have an argument.

We had more inside 50s and MORE contested possessions.

We had 19 scoring shots to 21

The saints guts and hardness is fantastic. We lack finish and poise. Hooefully that comes with experience for the youngsters we have AND hopefully with the players we replace the oldies.

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda vs Fremantle,4:40pm at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back