News Swans Talk in the Media 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few Sponsors pass the sniff test when you get too close. Partly it is capitalism. Personally I have difficulty with Qatar as I would Woodside, News Ltd and assorted other Oz connected companies. FWIW I am also not a fan of insurance companies which promote what is another form of gambling.
Apparently QBE suck as an insurence company too

Apparently QBE suck as an insurence company too

No surprise. I expect all insurance companies suck. I think they exist to make banks look great in comparison.

I'm more sensitive about the Qatar issue because I lived there for a while and saw things that I just cannot reconcile with the stated values of the Sydney Swans.

The club makes public statements of principle and then takes money from (and promotes) a business owned by those who are diametrically opposed to those very same principles. It reeks of hypocrisy & hence I cringe when I see the club loudly proclaiming "look how virtuous we are! We're not taking money from gambling companies!".

I fail to see why the Swans see a need to take Qatari money - even though F1 & a pile of major soccer clubs do too.

Having said that - I'm probably a hypocrite myself, as I still fly Qatar Airways periodically.
Yeah it's reprehensible what happens there. I really get the cynicism as well, like it's hard to take the swans apparent commitment to anti gambling seriously if they are willing to look passed Qatar's modern day slavery. I think you're right to be cynical head honchos at the swans just see where the wind is blowing with the gambling stuff and are protecting themselves/the club. Good outcome though. It shows as well that an organised effort among swans members could get them to end the partnership with Qatar too.

Yeah it's reprehensible what happens there. I really get the cynicism as well, like it's hard to take the swans apparent commitment to anti gambling seriously if they are willing to look passed Qatar's modern day slavery. I think you're right to be cynical head honchos at the swans just see where the wind is blowing with the gambling stuff and are protecting themselves/the club. Good outcome though. It shows as well that an organised effort among swans members could get them to end the partnership with Qatar too.
This is good stuff for the society thread

This is good stuff for the society thread
It's a direct response to a peice of media the swans have put out. I understand you have particular expectations of how threads should be used but they aren't universal and the mods do a good job here. I'm sure they'll move it and let me know if I'm using the forum inappropriately but I'll leave it up to them rather than you if that's alright?

Fair enough , but there is a thread for this discussion
My point is that I think here, in response to a peice of media on the topic, is the thread for it. If the people charged with moderating the forum don't think so they will let me know but your view on what threads are for is just that - your view.

Seriously mate I appreciate your contribution but the self appointed Sheriff stuff annoys me no end. Currently two threads are derailed because you've taken it upon yourself to tell people what they can and can't post.

Last edited:
James Rowbottom Press Conference

James Rowbottom Press Conference

"Analysed the game pretty in depth"

Just the way Rowy talked I have a feeling the analysis may have come with a few rockets from Mr Longmire.

Be interesting to see the performance this week.
I seem to recall the last game we 'analysed in great depth' was the Essendon loss in Rd 16 last year.
We went fairly well after that.

Thought the interviewer did his very best, but Rowy wasn't giving him anything.

And it was great, for once, to actually hear what the questions were.

"Analysed the game pretty in depth"

Just the way Rowy talked I have a feeling the analysis may have come with a few rockets from Mr Longmire.

Be interesting to see the performance this week.
I seem to recall the last game we 'analysed in great depth' was the Essendon loss in Rd 16 last year.
We went fairly well after that.

Thought the interviewer did his very best, but Rowy wasn't giving him anything.

And it was great, for once, to actually hear what the questions were.
I was not listening to the answers. I was so happy for once, I thought how good is it it to hear the questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what you think. I think it should be for media, and then discussion of that media. It's not up to us though, and you're preference for shifting discussion of a media article to general discussion is just your preference. I have lots of preferences about how people use the forum as I'm sure do other users, but it's only you who posts a half dozen times a day your preference as though it was an actual rule!
My point is that the media thread is for new stuff about us in the media and discussion should be on general discussion and then you get bullshit about toasties etc that's all it just gets derailed and ive been guilty of it of course .

You tell people that thier post are in the wrong place, againt the rules "off topic" several times a week. It's an in joke of our forum that people invoke the wrath of bedders for going off topic. You can cry bullshit all you like, but any regular user of the swans forum knows exactly what in describing.
No i don't that's absolute bullshit

So considering how this thread has gone over the last few days lets hope no news is good news for the swans.

So considering how this thread has gone over the last few days lets hope no news is good news for the swans.

Well unfortunately that is not how it is.

Paddy's concussion, Bud's form and the circumstances of a tough loss will dominate the airwaves.

Bizarrely we have the Hinkley presser uploaded to the Sydney site not Longmires. Is this the AFL having the last laugh on a dirty night for our Club.

08APR23:Swans vs Port Match Report
Read all about it

A 'miracle' win for Port (while the Swans lost 2 players) whatever:rolleyesv1:

Paywalled articles:

Read all about it

A 'miracle' win for Port (while the Swans lost 2 players) whatever:rolleyesv1:

Paywalled articles:

Thanks Ticky. Swans site now has the Horse presser. I have trouble linking it in. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back