News Swans Talk in the Media 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If possible can anyone get through the paywall and get the Paul Amy story on code about Roundy please .Maybe put on the Round thread please
Which newpsaper Bedford? And in accordance with BF rules we'll only be able to provide a portion of it.

This is particularly disappointing in light of Reid putting his hand up for the GF, and horse / the medical team for deciding he was fit enough to play.

Screenshot_20230121-165358_Chrome.jpg

I do note Horse used the term "we" when acknowledging the wrong call was made. Not sure who ultimately made the wrong call, but hopefully it's not a mistake we repeat in future.

It might just be me but I am ready to put the Reid injury debacle to bed. Whether a fit Reid or McDonald or whoever was playing, it wouldn't have made a difference. We got beaten by about 13 goals. Getting one decision wrong is just not worth dwelling on. It's like getting upset about a vase being broken when your entire house was swept up in a tornado.

It might just be me but I am ready to put the Reid injury debacle to bed. Whether a fit Reid or McDonald or whoever was playing, it wouldn't have made a difference. We got beaten by about 13 goals. Getting one decision wrong is just not worth dwelling on. It's like getting upset about a vase being broken when your entire house was swept up in a tornado.
I get your point, and agree that swapping Reid out is unlikely to have made the difference. My comment was more around learning from the mistake and not making the same error in future. But also disappointment in Reid, like if your injury was that serious, surely he knew how hampered he'd be. In elite sports, being even a few % off your best can render you ineffective at best and a liability at worst.

At Reid's age and injury history I imagine he probably was going to be on a lighter training load regardless. Franklin and Hickey are not listed as injured but are not in full training either. So the older talls with injury histories might be on a different program. Those three usually do some light stuff on the oval at the start and then walk off to the HQ.

We are 8 weeks from the season start. So they can probably be cautious.

There are other players that overexert themselves and take a knock but are still part of the main group. They just do some of the drills and skip the running or match sim stuff for a few sessions.

Last edited:
But it is a Ming vase

I think if it was a one-off, I’d share your view.

But we seem to have failed to learn the lesson from previous grand finals & I therefore struggle to let go of the frustration.

Taking an injured Reid into the grand final was a blunder unbecoming of an otherwise immensely professional club.

Having said that - you’re right in that it certainly wasn’t the determining factor this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22JAN23: Swans Daily Media/Multiple
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back