Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo dismissing the similarity to BZT because Heeney is a forward not a defender? Wtf?
That was some golden television right there....

As someone who has SEN on all day and watches most weekly footy related shows - on weeks we lose i completely switch off. The fact we set ourselves balls deep to win it all now makes me nervous af to listen to any footy media after a couple of down weeks. And now the Heeney thing to top it off.

I'm so desperate for us to win it this year more than any other that I'm actually not enjoying the ride. Just want to fast forward to finals and the joy of a GF win, or just put me out of my misery now.

As someone who has SEN on all day and watches most weekly footy related shows - on weeks we lose i completely switch off. The fact we set ourselves balls deep to win it all now makes me nervous af to listen to any footy media after a couple of down weeks. And now the Heeney thing to top it off.

I'm so desperate for us to win it this year more than any other that I'm actually not enjoying the ride. Just want to fast forward to finals and the joy of a GF win, or just put me out of my misery now.
Oh my God do I hear what you're saying!

yep, same ... and to be honest, being on this board after a disappointing result makes it worse ... too many panic merchants, whingers, miserable sooks and know-it-all loudmouths

yep, same ... and to be honest, being on this board after a disappointing result makes it worse ... too many panic merchants, whingers, miserable sooks and know-it-all loudmouths
It's easy to look at board comments with a grain of salt. The reality is in the way we've been playing - first 12 weeks we honestly looked unstoppable and they've given us the confidence of a truly dominant team. We have definitely dropped off of late, looked less convincing and more tired and inconsistent in our efforts and efficiency. So it's dented the confidence.

It's been an admirable season thus far, and it's unfair to desire the privilege of any better. We've all but guaranteed top 4. And now ahead of us we've potentially got the reality of either a dominant clean sweep, straight sets exit, nail biting prelim loss or win, nail biting GF loss or win, GF smashing loss or win, or a mixture of the lot... It's all on the cards and my nerves can't bare it atm.

That's footy i guess, it comes down to just stringing it together at the right time of year. What I have taken from it is it's a much more enjoyable ride being the underdog.

Win, lose or draw, I have given away all footy media. Getting up in years now so it took me a while. Also, for a number of games, I don't listen or watch and only check the scores at the end. Always record the games, delete losses and sit back and revel in the wins. Go to the games we play here in Melbourne except for Collingwood or Essendon. Happier and less stressful existence at this stage of the game.

Win, lose or draw, I have given away all footy media. Getting up in years now so it took me a while. Also, for a number of games, I don't listen or watch and only check the scores at the end. Always record the games, delete losses and sit back and revel in the wins. Go to the games we play here in Melbourne except for Collingwood or Essendon. Happier and less stressful existence at this stage of the game.
I'm not far off following this way of life.

question: When checking the final score, do you cover the scores and reveal each teams one at a time? or do you just let the full result hit you in the face?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear ya too. Haven't watched a 360, first crack, etc etc in last 2 weeks as I know we are always going to get the most content & coverage when chips are down compared to when we were flying.

Regardless, we've set ourselves up nearly as well as possible though to make it to a GF. If we do get there odds are it will be against the Blues with the whole of Vic and the (V)AFL riding them inc umps.
I'd much prefer an interstate adversary but Lions getting stronger, have most recent GF experience & want of redemption more fresh.
Cats are on the up and if they make it I'd be watching whole GF through my fingers. Another loss to them in late Sep and I've have to be institutionalised.

5 weeks ago I'd say bring it on vs whoever.. now i'm jittery v any team we may end up against. Only a Lions belting at the Gabba and away wins to either Port & Bombers or both will alleviate my recently-formed doubts somewhat.
Hopefully the Dockers will be our only fortress-infiltrator in 2024 H&A and we'll end up comfortable minor premiers & full of confidence to boot going into Sep.

I'm not far off following this way of life.

question: When checking the final score, do you cover the scores and reveal each teams one at a time? or do you just let the full result hit you in the face?

I basically am never able to watch games live so record them and watch later.

The tricky thing is to avoid bigfooty until I've watched the game, which sometimes is 3 or 4 days later.

Less bigfooty = more winning.

It’s all in the wording of the directive - it says something like - ‘will USUALLY result in a grading of intentional’

I would argue this is not ‘usual’

- The tackling player slipped and this brought his headdown to waist heigh

- the tackling player was actually ‘hanging on’ and Heeney’s clear intent was to clear the tackle, not strike the player

-Heeney was not watching the tackling player at poc.

- How can a clear accident be intentional?
I agree, he should be free to play and win the brownlow.

It was a Chris Grant bit of wordplay though.

I hear ya too. Haven't watched a 360, first crack, etc etc in last 2 weeks as I know we are always going to get the most content & coverage when chips are down compared to when we were flying.

Regardless, we've set ourselves up nearly as well as possible though to make it to a GF. If we do get there odds are it will be against the Blues with the whole of Vic and the (V)AFL riding them inc umps.
I'd much prefer an interstate adversary but Lions getting stronger, have most recent GF experience & want of redemption more fresh.
Cats are on the up and if they make it I'd be watching whole GF through my fingers. Another loss to them in late Sep and I've have to be institutionalised.

5 weeks ago I'd say bring it on vs whoever.. now i'm jittery v any team we may end up against. Only a Lions belting at the Gabba and away wins to either Port & Bombers or both will alleviate my recently-formed doubts somewhat.
Hopefully the Dockers will be our only fortress-infiltrator in 2024 H&A and we'll end up comfortable minor premiers & full of confidence to boot going into Sep.
Worst case scenario would be ending up on Brisbane's side of the draw if we lose week 1. But we also want them on that side of the draw if we win week 1 so that we avoid them in a prelim.

Same one of the great posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back