Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Here for the Will Hayward call-out. Hasn't been good enough.
Great against the Dockers, not so much since.

I think with Heeney, Parker, Mills and Fox we have enough who can play in a medium forward role (different strengths and all) that he shouldn't be too comfortable if it continues.

I think with Heeney, Parker, Mills and Fox we have enough who can play in a medium forward role (different strengths and all) that he shouldn't be too comfortable if it continues.
Or they can all just play together and chop in when it's their turn to chop in. Hayward is fine and will have his invaluable moments.

Young Archer was bloody good against him on the weekend - old school defending, first things first, my opponent doesn't beat me. Should be more of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching FC for the first time in a very long time…how the hell did they manage to recruit two of the biggest media flogs in the caper to the same show? It’s hard to think there could be a bigger one than Tom Morris, no we can do better, we will raise you with Sam McClure.

There’s a good chance the Swans know. Or have reason to be optimistic. (Or not, but they’d have a good idea one way or the other.)
I have no doubt the plight of Dew would be on Cox's mind. A good coach that didn't have the right tools at his disposal and now, probably unfairly, will be overlooked for senior coaching positions moving forward. Are WCE going to doing anything of note in the next 5 years? Probably not, especially if Reid decides to go home. Worth the risk or bide your time for a hand over in a year or two?

I have no doubt the plight of Dew would be on Cox's mind. A good coach that didn't have the right tools at his disposal and now, probably unfairly, will be overlooked for senior coaching positions moving forward. Are WCE going to doing anything of note in the next 5 years? Probably not, especially if Reid decides to go home. Worth the risk or bide your time for a hand over in a year or two?
And arguably even worse in Perth (or Adelaide) given the unhealthy fixation of a rabid media on just two local teams.

Romantic to go back to an old club and coach, but modern footy it doesn't always work out that well. Especially players of note

Hird, Voss, Buckley , Leppitsch , Ratten, Clarkson maybe at north though ordinary player, Shaw ,

Bevo played a little at Footscray I guess but hardly a well known player.

Worsfold /Roos coached old clubs to flags.

Guess it doesn't mean anything but Cox is one of the greatest Eagles of all time, may prefer being away from that Shadow

Romantic to go back to an old club and coach, but modern footy it doesn't always work out that well. Especially players of note

Hird, Voss, Buckley , Leppitsch , Ratten, Clarkson maybe at north though ordinary player, Shaw ,

Bevo played a little at Footscray I guess but hardly a well known player.

Worsfold /Roos coached old clubs to flags.

Guess it doesn't mean anything but Cox is one of the greatest Eagles of all time, may prefer being away from that Shadow
Really hard to know how people see themselves, their families and their futures. Coaching WC might be Cox's fondest dream or his worst nightmare. Five years rebuilding or a ready to go premiership group (assuming Horse is ready to hand over)? Constant media attention vs anonymity? Where is home now? All this assumes that he is, in fact, Horse's designated successor!

Watching FC for the first time in a very long time…how the hell did they manage to recruit two of the biggest media flogs in the caper to the same show? It’s hard to think there could be a bigger one than Tom Morris, no we can do better, we will raise you with Sam McClure.
Morris is okay and stuck up for Heeney. McLure is no good

Weirdest "strike" I ever saw. Tried to knock away his hold. The latest MRO rulings just crazy. Cameron WTF? Rosas deliberate elbow? Beyond crazy.
What's that got to do with Clarko ?
He said you shouldn't miss out on a brownlow for footy acts , as issac was trying to knock the arm away and the other bloke lowered himself .

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back